Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Blu-Ray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Holy bat **** man, I got like $50 when I graduated. Do you go to Aspen High?
    No.


    Massive family.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
      No.


      Massive family.
      Nice. My family is pretty big too, but they are cheap

      Comment


      • #63
        Do the math


        Mah dad gave 200.
        His ma gave 150
        Unc gave 100 each (two)
        Grandma, 100
        Random family members i rarely see, about 30 of em.....50 dolla a piece.
        10 friends gave me 30 dollars a piece as well.



        Glad to see I spent that money wisely.


        I am, by no means rich. For that occasion I was.......now not so much.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
          Do the math


          Mah dad gave 200.
          His ma gave 150
          Unc gave 100 each (two)
          Grandma, 100
          Random family members i rarely see, about 30 of em.....50 dolla a piece.
          10 friends gave me 30 dollars a piece as well.



          Glad to see I spent that money wisely.


          I am, by no means rich. For that occasion I was.......now not so much.
          Nice haul. I sold a car one summer when I was in HS and I spent the whole summer drinking beer and chasing tail. That was money well spent also.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
            Nice haul. I sold a car one summer when I was in HS and I spent the whole summer drinking beer and chasing tail. That was money well spent also.
            A relative I had never even seen/met before sent me 100. I like that guy.


            But really, I've got no regrets. While I shoulda waited a bit longer for prices to come down.....what ev

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
              Holy bat **** man, I got like $50 when I graduated. Do you go to Aspen High?
              I had a combination party with my cousin who is four days older than me. I still pulled about 2-3 grand. No idea where it went as I don't have **** to show for it
              sigpic
              Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
              Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
              My Divisional Breakdown Thread

              Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

              Comment


              • #67
                Guys, I need some help.

                I bought one of those Samsung Blu Ray players a few months ago. it was a nice and expensive one. I haven't had any blu ray movies, so I've been watching DVD's with it.

                I picked up Heroes season 2 on Blu Ray, and it's the first Blu Ray disc I've put in. The damn thing doesn't work. It loads to the main menu, and then I play the episodes, and it's a black screen with a couple green wavy lines near the bottom, and the picture comes in all f'd up. It jumps up and down, and it's real jumpy.

                I then put my other Blu Ray disc in, I am Legend. It sticks 3 seconds into it. I fast forward a little into the movie, it plays a couple, and then it just sticks, like it pauses.

                wth is going on with it? Do I need to clean it? Did playing DVD's ruin the blu ray dics part? I would be grateful if anyone can give me some information. I'm technically illiterate.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                  Guys, I need some help.

                  I bought one of those Samsung Blu Ray players a few months ago. it was a nice and expensive one. I haven't had any blu ray movies, so I've been watching DVD's with it.

                  I picked up Heroes season 2 on Blu Ray, and it's the first Blu Ray disc I've put in. The damn thing doesn't work. It loads to the main menu, and then I play the episodes, and it's a black screen with a couple green wavy lines near the bottom, and the picture comes in all f'd up. It jumps up and down, and it's real jumpy.

                  I then put my other Blu Ray disc in, I am Legend. It sticks 3 seconds into it. I fast forward a little into the movie, it plays a couple, and then it just sticks, like it pauses.

                  wth is going on with it? Do I need to clean it? Did playing DVD's ruin the blu ray dics part? I would be grateful if anyone can give me some information. I'm technically illiterate.
                  Man that sux. I don't know a lot about them other than what I have and I would say your best bet is to call the tech line for the Player itself or even try to return it. If you can exchange it you may actually get some money or store credit back because I think the prices have dropped even in just a few months.

                  The only other thing I can think of is to check the regional coding.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    Guys, I need some help.

                    I bought one of those Samsung Blu Ray players a few months ago. it was a nice and expensive one. I haven't had any blu ray movies, so I've been watching DVD's with it.

                    I picked up Heroes season 2 on Blu Ray, and it's the first Blu Ray disc I've put in. The damn thing doesn't work. It loads to the main menu, and then I play the episodes, and it's a black screen with a couple green wavy lines near the bottom, and the picture comes in all f'd up. It jumps up and down, and it's real jumpy.

                    I then put my other Blu Ray disc in, I am Legend. It sticks 3 seconds into it. I fast forward a little into the movie, it plays a couple, and then it just sticks, like it pauses.

                    wth is going on with it? Do I need to clean it? Did playing DVD's ruin the blu ray dics part? I would be grateful if anyone can give me some information. I'm technically illiterate.
                    Hmmm. I don't think playing regular DVD's through it should've harmed it at all. They're supposed to be able to play them just fine.

                    Maybe try re-plugging in the wires, make sure everything's plugged in right? I know that sounds like a bonehead thing, but you never know... maybe something got unplugged?

                    I'm not too familiar with Blu-Ray players in general... but I thought Samsung was supposed to be a good brand. Maybe you just got a faulty player and in that case I'd just go exchange it for a different one. If it keeps happening with a new one, then something's up.
                    sigpic

                    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Thanks for responding guys.

                      So I did some searching on the internet, and the Bl;u Ray player I had was a Samsung BD-UP5000, and apparently Samsung discontinued it because they had so many issues with it not playing some discs, and doing funny things like freezing after loading and whatnot.

                      I'm upset because some of the threads on other forums I went to about this player we're waiting on some kind of a firmware update or something to fix the problems, which I don't even know what that is.

                      I'm taking this back, and I don't even know if I should get a blu ray player. What if the next one I get has issues like this too?

                      DO you guys have any recommendations for players that are beyond the initial launches where there aren't going to be issues with them not playing certain discs?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                        Thanks for responding guys.

                        So I did some searching on the internet, and the Bl;u Ray player I had was a Samsung BD-UP5000, and apparently Samsung discontinued it because they had so many issues with it not playing some discs, and doing funny things like freezing after loading and whatnot.

                        I'm upset because some of the threads on other forums I went to about this player we're waiting on some kind of a firmware update or something to fix the problems, which I don't even know what that is.

                        I'm taking this back, and I don't even know if I should get a blu ray player. What if the next one I get has issues like this too?

                        DO you guys have any recommendations for players that are beyond the initial launches where there aren't going to be issues with them not playing certain discs?
                        No personal experience, but, the guys at CNET are really pretty good when it comes to rating high end tech stuff. They havent steered me wrong on most of my purchases.

                        http://reviews.cnet.com/1770-5_7-0.h...edRating7+desc
                        sigpic

                        I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          Thanks for responding guys.

                          So I did some searching on the internet, and the Bl;u Ray player I had was a Samsung BD-UP5000, and apparently Samsung discontinued it because they had so many issues with it not playing some discs, and doing funny things like freezing after loading and whatnot.

                          I'm upset because some of the threads on other forums I went to about this player we're waiting on some kind of a firmware update or something to fix the problems, which I don't even know what that is.

                          I'm taking this back, and I don't even know if I should get a blu ray player. What if the next one I get has issues like this too?

                          DO you guys have any recommendations for players that are beyond the initial launches where there aren't going to be issues with them not playing certain discs?
                          Silk,
                          If your budget will allow I would just go with the PS3. Because of it's wifi capability, it is pretty much future proof. It will encode all of the audio formats you need and it upconverts your regular dvd's. I have had mine since launch and have not had any issues whatsoever with it. My friend bought one of the Sony stand alone players on Black Friday and had to return it because he could not upgrade it to that 2.0 profile for the BD-Live. Not that that's a big deal for everyone, but it was a dealbreaker for him. If you are going to watch a lot of hi-def movies, IMO the PS3 is the way to go. Also.....it plays games!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                            Thanks for responding guys.

                            So I did some searching on the internet, and the Bl;u Ray player I had was a Samsung BD-UP5000, and apparently Samsung discontinued it because they had so many issues with it not playing some discs, and doing funny things like freezing after loading and whatnot.

                            I'm upset because some of the threads on other forums I went to about this player we're waiting on some kind of a firmware update or something to fix the problems, which I don't even know what that is.

                            I'm taking this back, and I don't even know if I should get a blu ray player. What if the next one I get has issues like this too?

                            DO you guys have any recommendations for players that are beyond the initial launches where there aren't going to be issues with them not playing certain discs?
                            Bro, you need to read your owners manual!!! If you don't have it, you can download it here.

                            http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...ortDownMain.do

                            match the model # up and download it.

                            secondly, firmware update, is "Computer programming instructions that are stored in a read-only memory unit rather than being implemented through software. "

                            you need to hook your BluRay player up to the internet (works on hi-speed internet only) and read the manual on how to do a firmware update. do the update, restart the player, bam should be good to go.

                            this should take care of all of your problems.


                            edit: if you're taking the Samsung back...first off you need a little high end electronics education.

                            Don't ever buy non-brand name junk. Samsung is getting better, but they're not with the big dogs yet.

                            In High-End Electronics there are 3 names you can trust.

                            Sony, Mitsubishi, and Panasonic.

                            for hi-def tv's I would either buy a Sony or a Mitsubishi. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

                            for dvd players, bluray - Sony or Panasonic.

                            for Surround Sound - Sony or Yamaha or Bose.

                            the rest is all cheap junk that won't last very long, or will have a bunch of problems with it.


                            my recommendation for a good Blu-Ray player would be this one

                            http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1216423953707

                            a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.


                            I wouldn't trust Insignia, Denon, Sharp, LG, or any of those other crappy brand name junk.
                            Last edited by Overtime; 12-15-2008, 08:50 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Wow kind of a personal opinion post there 97. I have never had an LG TV fail me or have any problems for that matter and Denon is one of the better brands when it comes to Audio equipment, although they are a bit pricey so probably not worth the quality/dollar ratio.

                              I highly recommend going to a site like NewEgg or something similar that allows user reviews and reading peoples reviews of the product they purchased. Obviously the more reviews the better you can understand fully what problems or praises the DVD player gets. Also the more you have review wise the more you can tell if a problem is just isolated to one person or happens A LOT. :salute!:
                              sigpic
                              Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                              Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                              My Divisional Breakdown Thread

                              Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
                                Wow kind of a personal opinion post there 97. I have never had an LG TV fail me or have any problems for that matter and Denon is one of the better brands when it comes to Audio equipment, although they are a bit pricey so probably not worth the quality/dollar ratio.

                                I highly recommend going to a site like NewEgg or something similar that allows user reviews and reading peoples reviews of the product they purchased. Obviously the more reviews the better you can understand fully what problems or praises the DVD player gets. Also the more you have review wise the more you can tell if a problem is just isolated to one person or happens A LOT. :salute!:
                                haven't had any experience with LG tv's personally, but I've had enough of their other products to know they're junk, and many of the reviews on LG's aren't that great. I've also got friends who complain they bought a LG HDTV and the quality isn't that great, but every person has an opinion.

                                I personally have a Sony 55" LCD Grand Wega HDTV, and I spent a few more bucks than I really wanted to, as I could have gotten a Samsung for $200 - $300 cheaper, but I haven't had 1 issue with my Sony at all.

                                My dad bought a 45" mitsubishi back in 2001, and he hasn't had 1 issue with it.

                                i've had several LG cell phones, and other devices, and they've all been junk, and so I don't buy any of LG's junk. they are a poor man's technological device.

                                as I said before...you get what you pay for.

                                Sony & Mistubishi are the BMW and Porshces of Televisions

                                LG, Samsung and Invizio are the Hynudai Sonata's and Kia Sephia's of HDTV.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X