Dark Knight Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Knight Sequel

I just so happened to see Dark Knight for the first time last night.

Ironically, yesterday's radio morning news reported the sequel for this will highlight Eddie Murphy as the Riddler. Supposed to be released in 2010.

Anybody else hear this?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

hmm i thought the riddler was white

but i do like eddie murphy so i dont know he could be good . . . . but i also heard jonny depp or whatever his name is and he would be really good too
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

eddie murphy....UGH.

Most rumors are pinning Jonnie Depp as the riddler. In any case i cant wait for the next batman movie.

Also, it wont be a dark knight sequel, its the 3rd movie in the series. DK was a sequel to Batman Begins.

Comment

All I know is they signed Seymour Hoffman for the Penguin. Could be awesome.

Comment

They haven't signed anyone, the movie doesn't even have a producer or director set yet. WB is giving Nolan time to decide if he wants to take on the third one and he is leaning towards it which is good. It definitely won't be out in 2010 as he has said he wants to have more IMAX camera work which takes a lot longer in his next film. If it was to start production tomorrow I'd say we'd be lucky if we even saw it by December 31st 2010. So I'd peg at least 2011. I'm almost 100% sure that Bale and Freeman have another movie in their contract so at least Fox and Batman will be the same characters.

Johnny Depp is the biggest rumor for Riddler. Haven't heard the Eddie Murphy one yet. I don't like that idea personally as I don't care for his wiener and fart joke humor and don't think it'd work for Riddler.

Harleyquinn and Catwoman have also been rumored and the line "It'll do good against cats" pretty much sets up a catwoman villain some time in the near future.

Personally I'd like to see Javier Bardem as Mr. Freeze. If you have seen No Country for Old Men then you know just why he'd be great for the cold hearted bad ass part.
          sigpic
          Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
          Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
          My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

No Eddie Murphy... please!! He's not "dark" enough(not talking skin here). ALso.... what has he touched in the last 10 years that was worth anything? But I'd like to see Depp do it. That would work for me.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by slostenracing View Post

Personally I'd like to see Javier Bardem as Mr. Freeze. If you have seen No Country for Old Men then you know just why he'd be great for the cold hearted bad ass part.

For the win!! CPs are to rain down on you... right now!!!
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                All I know is they signed Seymour Hoffman for the Penguin. Could be awesome.
                big fat negative. as Slost. said, no one is signed (save for Bale) for sure yet. i'm not even sure on whether Freeman is contracted for 3. Bale is the only sure thing.

Also you can almost guarantee they will not have the Penguin anywhere in Nolan's Batman franchise because Nolan himself has stated he doesn't like the idea. He's even hinted at not being to keen on Catwoman either. They don't fit his world. Although I'd argue that Penguin does, since all he is is a crime boss that's short and fat. I think Nolan could do wonders for The Penguin.

I will be very upset if Catwoman makes an appearance.

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                I just so happened to see Dark Knight for the first time last night.

Ironically, yesterday's radio morning news reported the sequel for this will highlight Eddie Murphy as the Riddler. Supposed to be released in 2010.

Anybody else hear this?
                I highly doubt this as well. More than likely a mere rumor still. The film isn't even in pre-production. Signings mean pre-production would be underway soon. Also Murphy would be terrible.

They haven't signed anyone, the movie doesn't even have a producer or director set yet. WB is giving Nolan time to decide if he wants to take on the third one and he is leaning towards it which is good. It definitely won't be out in 2010 as he has said he wants to have more IMAX camera work which takes a lot longer in his next film. If it was to start production tomorrow I'd say we'd be lucky if we even saw it by December 31st 2010. So I'd peg at least 2011. I'm almost 100% sure that Bale and Freeman have another movie in their contract so at least Fox and Batman will be the same characters.

Johnny Depp is the biggest rumor for Riddler. Haven't heard the Eddie Murphy one yet. I don't like that idea personally as I don't care for his wiener and fart joke humor and don't think it'd work for Riddler.

Harleyquinn and Catwoman have also been rumored and the line "It'll do good against cats" pretty much sets up a catwoman villain some time in the near future.

Good call on this stuff. Although there is no director or producer YET, you can rest assure we'll be seeing the same team return WHEN they decide to get rolling on this project. I say when because even Nolan has stated recently that his interest in a third has greatly increased since the ridiculous success of TDK. Also since he's interested in filming a full feature with IMAX, the third installation would be a great way to start that.

Also the Johnny Depp thing has indeed been the most consistent rumor for Riddler since TDK opened. Although who knows if that will actually pan out. I would not be upset if Depp were cast as Riddler, but I also wouldn't mind if they found someone else either.

And on the off chance they did decide to bring Penguin in, I do agree with you Cinny that Hoffman would be perfect.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the Quinn or Catwoman rumors either. I mean the other rumor along with Depp was Jolie as Catwoman... and that would be just as bad as Murphy as Riddler.

Although Bardem is a great actor, he wouldn't fit Mr. Freeze. You are stuck on the Batman and Robin mindset of Mr. Freeze being big. He wasn't. He was tall and skinny. He looked almost exactly like Dr. Strange. So casting a bigger guy would be reverting back to Schumacher's rape of the franchise.

Anyway... at this point anything involving the third installment of Nolan's franchise shouldn't be taken too seriously unless it's officially announced by Warner Bros.
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I'm going to punch my roomie for telling false rumor to me then.

I really hope Murphy isn't Riddler, hell, I would even want Jim Carrey back before him.

Harleyquinn would be friggin awesome though. Then again, I would be happy as long as they don't get too far fetched with some of the villains and start going supernatural (like Mr. Freeze, Clayface, or that Man bat dude).

Comment

Eddie Murphy will not be in the next batman movie as the riddler. he's not the kind of character for this movie.

whatever radio station is broadcasting that ****, doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Comment

Working...
                    X