American Idol 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES! YES! YES!

I may have cried a little bit. Along with my jumping up and down and screaming in the living room.

Here's to Kris!
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      You and the other schmuck ruined it for me because the show was still running here when you guys posted!!

But YES!!! See ya Adam or whatever the hell your name was!
      I still want to vote for Allison though
      Hey VD......nowhere did I mention names......

Just foolin with ya bro!!!!

:salute!:

Comment

• Good thing America is still homophobic.

Comment

• Originally posted by aberdien View Post
          Good thing America is still homophobic.
          What the hell is that supposed to mean?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            What the hell is that supposed to mean?
            i believe he's implying that chris only won because the homophobes wouldn't vote for adam

Comment

• I hate this thread so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                i believe he's implying that chris only won because the homophobes wouldn't vote for adam
                Yeah I know...Id just like HIM to explain because he shouldnt in come here with that BS.
                sigpic

Comment

• Haha well obviously there's a good chance that some people did not vote for Adam because he is pretty flaming. It would not surprise me one bit. AI's voting system for the finals is pretty crappy, it's more of a popularity contest than a singing competition at that point.

But congrats to Kris, he deserved it (plus it was a great "underdog" story). Adam deserved it too. But Kris will sell more music and I have a much better chance of liking his music as opposed to Adam. Good luck to both of them.

Comment

• Just finished it on the DVR... had no idea until a few minutes ago...

Wow, just wow...

...and all the performances were great too. By far the best Idol season finale in the show's history.

In the end it's probably better for Adam. Now he can go out and create his Twilight Horror Glam Show show (or whatever) a lot sooner. But you can't deny that that guy has some SERIOUS singing ability. His "ideas" could lead him down an interesting career path. He'll be fine.

And again, currently Kris' style of music has a wider appeal than Adam's - especially within the Idol audience. Even though I was a little shocked (and LMAO) when he won it really shouldn't be all that surprising.

Great season, spectacular finale.
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• I'm tired of this show.

I am done with it.

This year just shows how far the show has slipped.

Before you wouldn't have these "Norman's" or "Bikini Girls". This year? They get them. You get them and you get squabbling by the judges that looks more like something from adolescents. American Idol is now The Gong Show 2.0 - nothing but a farce.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• We thought the finale was a great show!! The performances and surprises were entertaining.

I loved how they started out teasing each judge. Randy and the "for me", Kara and the "sweetie", Paula and her vocabulary and Simon with the "what?"

I think Kris was deserving to win and loved his duet with Keith Urban. That was really good.

Kiss and Queen are some big time names they pulled in. We were a little confused that they get Steve Martin on there and have limited involvement.

I dunno. We graded the show with a solid A or 9 out of 10.

Congrats to your boy Kris Snap. I could hear you screaming all the way in Utah.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                          I'm tired of this show.

I am done with it.

This year just shows how far the show has slipped.

Before you wouldn't have these "Norman's" or "Bikini Girls". This year? They get them. You get them and you get squabbling by the judges that looks more like something from adolescents. American Idol is now The Gong Show 2.0 - nothing but a farce.
                          i enjoyed this season but the finale last night was the lowest rated finale in the series' history

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                            i enjoyed this season but the finale last night was the lowest rated finale in the series' history
                            ...and yet it was easily the most watched show in that time slot... and for the entire night... and for the entire week... until last night when the Wednesday show beat it out. Week-in and week-out the two Idol shows each week go #1 and #2.

Idol (and Fox... and all the other broadcast networks actually) are a little peeved at Nielsen right now. Even though statistics show that more people are watching TV, and the votes for Idol, in particular, are more than they've ever been, somehow the ratings are down. In fact, TV ratings are down across the board and the networks want to know why. Nielsen finally admitted that they did a study regarding their "PeopleMeter", and it "showed that enough viewers punch the meter incorrectly, particularly when watching TV in large groups, that national ratings could be off by 8%." That's just the systematic error. When you factor in the random sampling error (let's say 5%) then you're looking at a total possible swing of some 20+ points. That's enough to remove most confidence in their statistical accuracy.

Another thing that I won't get in to here is the increasing number of people that DVR their shows and how that affects ratings. I, for one, didn't watch a single episode of Idol live this year, but other than Broncos games I don't watch anything live either.... so... yeah... when's the next minicamp?

:go:
                            Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

Another thing that I won't get in to here is the increasing number of people that DVR their shows and how that affects ratings. I, for one, didn't watch a single episode of Idol live this year, but other than Broncos games I don't watch anything live either.... so... yeah... when's the next minicamp?

:go:
                              no kidding...the only thing i ever watch live is the news and sporting events...why sit thru all those damn commercials if you don;t have to?

Comment

• I have to say I am still really happy this morning! Kris is a humble winner, just like I knew he would be. I had honestly prepared myself to see Adam win, and I was okay with that. Adam has talent...a lot of it...and he seems like a good guy.

But yey for Kris! This was seriously my favorite finale of all the seasons I have watched. I think I've missed two...but whatever!

And to those of you who hate Idol now. Good riddance, enjoy So You Think You Can Dance?.

PS-- Kris hugging his wifey at the end was so adorable!

Comment

Working...
                                X