American Idol 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post

PS-- Kris hugging his wifey at the end was so adorable!

he'll probably kick her to the curb in 6 months like daughtry did after his success

Comment

I have to say I am still really happy this morning! Kris is a humble winner, just like I knew he would be. I had honestly prepared myself to see Adam win, and I was okay with that. Adam has talent...a lot of it...and he seems like a good guy.

But yey for Kris! This was seriously my favorite finale of all the seasons I have watched. I think I've missed two...but whatever!

And to those of you who hate Idol now. Good riddance, enjoy So You Think You Can Dance?.

When the show was over, our local Fox station went straight to news. They had a reporter live at the show and we had exclusive interviews with Kris, Adam and Paula. Paula even kissed the reporter and he seemed overwhelmed by that.

Anyway, here's a linky to our Fox where the links are all on the front page.

Fox 13
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
        he'll probably kick her to the curb in 6 months like daughtry did after his success
        Actually in the interview I speak of, he said his wife could quit her job.

Paula gives Kris a necklace.

sigpic

Comment

I have to say I am still really happy this morning! Kris is a humble winner, just like I knew he would be. I had honestly prepared myself to see Adam win, and I was okay with that. Adam has talent...a lot of it...and he seems like a good guy.

But yey for Kris! This was seriously my favorite finale of all the seasons I have watched. I think I've missed two...but whatever!

And to those of you who hate Idol now. Good riddance, enjoy So You Think You Can Dance?.

I refuse to watch that show with that hollering monkey woman.

Comment

Yep, that will happen. Because everyone is a huge jerk after they become successful.

I know I'm late posting in this thread but, I speak for botbh Snap and myself when I say HAHAHAHAHA SUCKAS, GO KRIS
            sigpic

Comment

• Wifey and I spoke a little bit about Adam and Kris tonight.

Last night's show still on our minds too.

Adam is better off by losing because now he can work with a band.

Kris is better off by being a solo artist as they say.

The one thing about Adam is he is a great front man in a big band. KISS and Queen? WOW!! What huge respect they show for his type of style.

Adam needs to team up with Allison and "band" together. These two could really create something new and refreshing in the rock scene since lately there is NO REAL rock bands to speak of.

Did you see how they were hugging and enjoying Kris' moment? Adam called Allison his "little sister"

Why not team up and blow the world away?

sigpic

Comment

• Me & the Mrs. were talking about it again last night too, BM. It was probably the most entertaining and the most densely packed exposition of talent ever produced by the Idol franchise... including all tryouts, regular season episodes, and finales. I loved both the format and all the performances themselves.

And when you think about it... KISS, Queen, Lionel Richie, Steve Martin, Fergie, the Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, Rod Stewart, David Cook, Queen Latifah, Jason Mraz, Cyndi Lauper, Carlos freakin' Santana... (am I forgetting anybody?) But, DAMN! That's a line-up! Plus, the contestants, Kara's bikini (girl) surprise... it was a very entertaining 2 hours. The only part I didn't like too much was Norman Gentle's performance. It wasn't nearly as good as his in season performance(s), but I did love him acting like he wasn't prepared for the award and then BAM - "Hit It" !!! Pretty funny...

A couple of interesting articles...

First, Wednesday Ratings: American Idol finale draws 40 million for last 7 minutes

There are some tables on that page that break things down further, but 40 million??? WOW!

--

And, secondly a report that Kris beat Adam by a large margin...

I wonder how large of a margin, and if we'll ever really know.
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Yes definitely a star studded evening. That was a helluva line-up.

And I find that odd about margin of victory as there is a website called dial idol or something like that, that tracked each week and accurately predicted who be eliminated.

The morning of the results show they reported that the website said it was too close to call with only a 1% difference.

sigpic

Comment

• Just wanted to say Adam Lambert's studio album is number 3 ahead of Kris's album which is at number 8.

*runs away*

Comment

• Hey Kris haters!!

His album drops tomorrow and I will be at the store bright and early buying it!

...capture it...remember it...

Comment

• his first single is kinda boring

i'm much more interested in his album than adam lamberts but i'm not impressed with the song i heard...hopefully it's good

Comment

his first single is kinda boring

i'm much more interested in his album than adam lamberts but i'm not impressed with the song i heard...hopefully it's good
                          I listen to Live Like We're Dying all the time. At least twice a day. It took me a little while to warm up to it, but once I'd heard it a couple times I was hooked.

I don't count No Boundaries as his first single because he was forced to release it. And it is a horrible song. Kara better not write a song again this coming season.

Oh yeah...Adam Lambert's song is okay. I don't hate it like I thought I would. But the cover for it is so funny!!

Comment

• That cover....

His music doesn't interest me at all right now because its way to pop. He literally looks like he's going to be a male Lady Gaga which is stupid. He specifically said rock but apparently not.

I still say it's going to sell more then Kris's album though.

FYI you should check out Jason Castro's new single it's actually pretty catchy and upbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                              That cover....

His music doesn't interest me at all right now because its way to pop. He literally looks like he's going to be a male Lady Gaga which is stupid. He specifically said rock but apparently not.

I still say it's going to sell more then Kris's album though.

FYI you should check out Jason Castro's new single it's actually pretty catchy and upbeat.

Shelbi like Jason Castro I'm pretty sure! He's always been odd for me.

Comment

Shelbi like Jason Castro I'm pretty sure! He's always been odd for me.
                                You are correct.

I HATED him when he was on Idol, but I really like that single of his
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X