Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Idol 2009

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess what I'm listening to!!!

    Kris Allen's CD and NOT Adam Lambert's!

    I'm only four songs in, and I enjoy it. It is exactly what you would expect from him...at least so far.

    The third track sounds like a Rob Thomas song...not the vocals, but the actual song.

    I was looking at the CD jacket and 9/12 songs were at least co-written by Kris, which is awesome. I'm curious to see if Adam wrote any songs.

    The 5th track just started and its awesome. Mmmkay.

    Anyway, Heartless is on here as a bonus track too, so that is awesome.
    ...capture it...remember it...

    Comment


    • Kris's album songs look interesting actually just from listening to the previews on Itunes.

      I'm not going to lie though I like Castro's single over Kris and Adam right now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
        Kris's album songs look interesting actually just from listening to the previews on Itunes.

        I'm not going to lie though I like Castro's single over Kris and Adam right now.
        Kris' single kinda bothers me. I really, really like it...but I wish he had released an original song. I just think that would have been better.
        ...capture it...remember it...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
          Kris' single kinda bothers me. I really, really like it...but I wish he had released an original song. I just think that would have been better.
          The only thing that bothers me is the fact that his release date coincides with Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis, OneRepublic, John Mayer, and a hell of a lot more artists which is pretty stiff competition especially when they all target the exact same audience.

          I'll be cheering him on but damn!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            The only thing that bothers me is the fact that his release date coincides with Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis, OneRepublic, John Mayer, and a hell of a lot more artists which is pretty stiff competition especially when they all target the exact same audience.

            I'll be cheering him on but damn!
            I feel like that is the biggest problem with Idol winners, they aren't promoted very well. I think that is why we haven't seen more success from many of them.

            So I finally got to the Heartless track and it is INCREDIBLY different from the original and the one he performed on Idol. I downloaded the Idol performance from itunes and was kinda blah about have two copies of the same exact song...but its different and AWESOME. Holy crap its awesome. It is probably as close to being Adam Lambert as Kris can get! hahaha. It was very surprising after an entire CD of good, but not shocking songs!
            ...capture it...remember it...

            Comment




            • What the hell is this!!!!!!!!

              :brick::brick:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post


                What the hell is this!!!!!!!!

                :brick::brick:


                I showed that to my mom and she freaked out! She wouldn't believe it was really him. I realize everyone called him GLAMbert when he was on Idol, and I always expected him to go over the top, but not like that! He was supposed to be the ROCKER! But that just looks like 80's pop music...or something.

                I would rather have this:

                Last edited by Snapping Turtle; 11-17-2009, 10:10 AM.
                ...capture it...remember it...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post


                  I showed that to my mom and she freaked out! She wouldn't believe it was really him. I realize everyone called him GLAMbert when he was on Idol, and I always expected him to go over the top, but not like that! He was supposed to be the ROCKER! But that just looks like 80's pop music...or something.

                  I would rather have this:

                  I actually like this cover more



                  Shows him with the guitar doing what he does best.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                    The only thing that bothers me is the fact that his release date coincides with Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis, OneRepublic, John Mayer, and a hell of a lot more artists which is pretty stiff competition especially when they all target the exact same audience.

                    I'll be cheering him on but damn!
                    that's because everybody wants their music out before black friday

                    this is the full list i believe....

                    17 November Tuesday
                    50 Cent Before I Self Destruct
                    Kris Allen [American Idol winner] Kris Allen
                    Annie Don't Stop
                    Bellflur Last Quarter Of The 20th Century Blues
                    Justin Bieber My World
                    Boyz II Men Love [Covers album]
                    The Chairs Nine Ways
                    Fall Out Boy Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits
                    Janet Jackson Number Ones [Greatest hits]
                    Jealous Stardust [EP]
                    Norah Jones The Fall
                    Kid Sister Ultraviolet
                    Leona Lewis Echo
                    John Mayer Battle Studies
                    Paul McCartney Good Evening New York City [Live CD/DVD]
                    Anthony Narvaez Light Show & Audio
                    OneRepublic Waking Up
                    On Tracy Lane Are We Rich Yet
                    Rakim The Seventh Seal
                    Dave Rawlings A Friend Of A Friend
                    Real Estate Real Estate
                    Rush Working Man [Live]
                    Corey Smith Keeping Up With The Jones
                    Tape Deck Mountain Ghost
                    Them Crooked Vultures [Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and John Paul Jones] Them Crooked Vultures
                    Robbie Williams Reality Killed The Video Star
                    Hawksley Workman For Him And The Girl


                    23 November Monday


                    Rihanna Rated R


                    24 November Tuesday


                    Beautiful Supermachines Shut Up
                    Birdman Pricele$$
                    Susan Boyle [Britain's Got Talent winner] I Dreamed A Dream
                    Sean "Diddy" Combs Last Train To Paris
                    Lady Gaga Fame Monster
                    Adam Lambert [American Idol runner-up] For Your Entertainment
                    Lil Wayne Rebirth
                    Memphis Bleek The Process E2
                    Ike Reilly Hard Luck Stories
                    Shakira She Wolf
                    Timbaland Shock Value 2
                    Tom Waits Glitter And Doom [Live]

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                      that's because everybody wants their music out before black friday
                      Oh yeah I completely forgot about black Friday. Good call on that. :salute!:

                      Comment


                      • I like that cover better too xX, but alas that is not the one on the CD.
                        ...capture it...remember it...

                        Comment




                        • I'm just reposting this for the laughs

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • *sigh*

                            Generic pop crap....

                            It's like a mix of Britney Spears/Lady Gaga/Techno/Broadway/Crap/WTH

                            Seriously..... There is only 1 song I like in that album and it still sounds like crap.

                            I guess his target audience was gay people and tween girls... Not that there's anything wrong with gay people btw just that he got his priorities real messed up with this album.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X