Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official super important debatethreads- Edition: Caddyshack vs. Animal House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official super important debatethreads- Edition: Caddyshack vs. Animal House

Okay this was sort inspired by this commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwscWROBG30

So there will be a poll and also post your arguments for which is the better comedy.

Animal House, or Caddyshack?

Caddyshack, or Animal House?

ITS ON!!!

(The next thread on this will be sometime next week where we will discuss the merits of either Easy Mac, or Cup o Noodle)
    Caddyshack
    61.54%
    Animal House
    38.46%
    A book I wrote

I suppose I'll kick it off.

While these are both outstanding movies with star studded casts, I have to give the edge to Caddyshack.

The fact that Caddyshack took a golf setting and turned it into a classic comedy for the ages really made the decision for me. Animal House delivers big funny, but it is set at a frat house where comedic situations are very easy to exploit. The humor in Caddyshack is much more subtle yet just as funny.

Also I couldnt help but feel that Animal House was a lot more on and off in terms of funnyness, while Caddyshack was more consistent scene to scene.

Well thats just my opinion, both are hilarious but I give the edge to Caddyshack.
    A book I wrote

Comment

You might as well be asking me which of my children I like better, but I'll give it a go anyway.

I also choose Caddyshack. While Animal House is fantastic and Belushi is at his irreverent and oafish best, I just feel that as the OP stated in his review Caddyshack is a little more consistently funny. Murray is absolutely hysterical and steels every scene he is in. Chevy Chase is also fantastic as the carefree playboy. I just feel like there are more laughs on a min for min basis in Caddyshack.

Comment

I would join in on this conversation/debate, but I haven't seen either movie.

I have no sense of humor.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
          I would join in on this conversation/debate, but I haven't seen either movie.

I have no sense of humor.
          You haven't seen either MD?

I'll give the edge to Caddyshack as well. I have a mole problem here on my property and have actually thought of this movie but I won't be blowing up my yard.

I also have issues with eating Baby Ruth candybars ever since I saw this movie long ago.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

i voted for candyshack.

This was hard b/c I like both both movies, but cadyshack is just a little bit more funny.

mr. Wilson:salute!:

The Mile High Salute!::salute!:

Comment

gpt a go with caddy

Comment

My vote is that this thread should be in the entertainment forum.... just saying...

oh, and Animal House pwns. No debate. Caddyshack isn't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  My vote is that this thread should be in the entertainment forum.... just saying...

Animal House gets my vote, too.
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
                    Okay this was sort inspired by this commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwscWROBG30

So there will be a poll and also post your arguments for which is the better comedy.

Animal House, or Caddyshack?

Caddyshack, or Animal House?

ITS ON!!!

(The next thread on this will be sometime next week where we will discuss the merits of either Easy Mac, or Cup o Noodle)

Caddyshack is the easy win. Also I feel that you actually have to be a golfer to fully appreciate Caddyshack. As one, I appreciate and understand more of the jokes... and feel that it is more humorous that way.

Animal House is great as well... and it's the much better filmed, better acted and funnier version of anything made to day involving college, sex and alcohol.

Also Easy Mac hands down... Cup o Noodle is gross. Macaroni and Cheese owns all other boxed or quickly made meals.

oh but it is... close enough to be better!
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Animal House, without question.

Caddyshack is good, but there are some wasted scenes in that movie. Most of the scenes with Noonan's Scottish (or was it Irish?) girlfriend were pretty useless IMO.
                      sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

jetrazor has Christopher Lee in his avatar, so he wins. :salute!:
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

I'm seeing the problem with the kids here. You've seen so many Animal House knock offs that you no longer appreciate the original, ground breaking film.

And while Caddyshack is definitley a classic as far as comedy films go, it's no where near the master piece of comedy that Animal House is.

You kids today are so used to the "in your face" slap-stick, no brain, poop jokes, that alot of times you fail to see the more sublte intelligent humor in the "not funny" scenes.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JYq-mXprw

Best Animal House Scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJLWERyvkk

Best Caddyshack Scene.
                            A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                            X