Movie Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Remakes

I have noticed a lot of hate thrown at movie remakes, so I might get flamed for this, but is there any movie that you would actually want to see get the remake treatment?

For me there are some works of fiction that I would like to see get modern movie treatment, and even though they may have been made into movies before I wouldn't consider them "remakes." Those works are some Poe which I think with a modern eye could be very cool, and Moby **** which I think with today's technology could be an awesome movie.

Now to the one movie I would really like to see get remade(not butchered of course)
    Flash Gordon I loved this movie so much when I was a kid and I still do. Some people call this movie "cheesy" but I call it friggin awesome. I know there would be a risk of Hollywood ruining it, but I am willing to take that risk because I think the payoff could be amazing.

A live action verson of The Jetsons if done right wold be intresting.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
      I have noticed a lot of hate thrown at movie remakes, so I might get flamed for this, but is there any movie that you would actually want to see get the remake treatment?
      For me there are some works of fiction that I would like to see get modern movie treatment
      Instead of George Lucas adding stupid new scenes and unessecary computer animated creatures to the original Star Wars trilogy, he could have used the new technology to make the lightsabers look pretty.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
        Instead of George Lucas adding stupid new scenes and unessecary computer animated creatures to the original Star Wars trilogy, he could have used the new technology to make the lightsabers look pretty.
        The reason they had the "new" CGIs in the OT is to see if they could pull off Jar Jar.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          The reason they had the "new" CGIs in the OT is to see if they could pull off Jar Jar.
          Psh, I don't care. 1) Jar Jar shouldn't even exist. 2) If they're going to do all that stuff, at least fix the lightsabers.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
            Psh, I don't care. 1) Jar Jar shouldn't even exist. 2) If they're going to do all that stuff, at least fix the lightsabers.
            Hey! Shelbi/Shelby is my favorite name
            sigpic

Comment

Remakes dont bother me, its the fact that most movies nowadays are remakes and thus shows a lack of originality by hollywood.

That pisses me off.
              A book I wrote

Comment

I want a biopic about Poe...

BUT... the ONLY way I will accept such a biopic is if Depp portrays Poe. I think he is perfect. Born to play the part, if you will... just as Phoenix was born to play Cash... etc.

Depp as Poe would be perfect. I think even Burton could direct, although there'd be better choices, like Fincher for instance... or heck, Coppola could direct... Youth Without Youth was fantastic.

as long as they did it right.

as for movies based on his works... I agree chazoe... if done correctly those would be sick. especially The Fall of the House of Usher...

but those wouldn't be remakes...

as for remakes... suck it up Hollywood... there is plenty of untapped material out there. millions of novels to adapt at least... and plenty of comic book stories and graphic novel material to continue tapping into.

we don't need remakes.
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                  I want a biopic about Poe...

BUT... the ONLY way I will accept such a biopic is if Depp portrays Poe. I think he is perfect. Born to play the part, if you will... just as Phoenix was born to play Cash... etc.

Depp as Poe would be perfect. I think even Burton could direct, although there'd be better choices, like Fincher for instance... or heck, Coppola could direct... Youth Without Youth was fantastic.

as long as they did it right.

as for movies based on his works... I agree chazoe... if done correctly those would be sick. especially The Fall of the House of Usher...

but those wouldn't be remakes...

as for remakes... suck it up Hollywood... there is plenty of untapped material out there. millions of novels to adapt at least... and plenty of comic book stories and graphic novel material to continue tapping into.

we don't need remakes.
                  Dude that is an excellent idea. I would love to see that movie.

BTW I am going to watch Gunslinger for sure this weekend, expect a review by Sunday night.

Comment

Working...
                  X