Yeah, you're completely right.
      I know...........

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        I know...........
        Especially considering how I haven't bashed them or said how badly they suck in comparison to *insert band here of a completely different genre*. Oh, and there's a nice post right before mine about how Tool is way better than the "garbage" called Blink 182.

But that's okay, you're totally right.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
          Especially considering how I haven't bashed them or said how badly they suck in comparison to *insert band here of a completely different genre*. Oh, and there's a nice post right before mine about how Tool is way better than the "garbage" called Blink 182.

But that's okay, you're totally right.
          yup ...........

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
            Thats sick!

Travis is such a great drummer (best a few years ago). Tom & Mark are , but they all made great music! :salute!:
            Take THAT back. :hammer:

TRAVIS BARKER IS A HORRIBLE DRUMMER

God i hate people who can't play music or don't know about music :brick:
            Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post

You've never seen him drum I guess. Why do you think so many other musicians wanted him in their stuff.

Its an opinion, how are you gonna tell me my opinions wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                You've never seen him drum I guess. Why do you think so many other musicians wanted him in their stuff.

Its an opinion, how are you gonna tell me my opinions wrong.
                Because HES A MARKETING TOOL. He was in a successful pop/punk band and got fame through that. I'm a drummer and all of his stuff is SO EASY to play, yet people think it's great. It pisses me off SO much. then people like Dave weckl and Steve vai get no recognition because they werent in popular bands yet they are the best at what they do!

Avril Lavigne is endorsed by Pearl...Do you think it's because she's a great drummer? or do you think more people will buy pearl drums cause she's playing them and shes "hip"...yeah check your logic. I'm ashamed.

Comment

Travis Barker is a great drummer not because of his technicality or skill, but because he's really creative and he has his own style and nobody else sounds like him. He combines punk, hip hop, and a little jazz to create his own unique blend of drumming.
                  the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
                    Travis Barker is a great drummer not because of his technicality or skill, but because he's really creative and he has his own style and nobody else sounds like him. He combines punk, hip hop, and a little jazz to create his own unique blend of drumming.
                    :doh:

Comment

steve vai gets no recognition

im a tool fan but they arent even in the same category as blink...

blink is ok to their audience as a gimmick band... they have their nitch in the music industry...

you can say that travis isnt a great drummer all you want but he knows the beat to play to the cash machine that is called the music industry... sometimes you dont have to be the best, fastest, most creative in the industry.. having simplicity sometimes is the only thing you need to make a great song...
                      sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post

blink is ok to their audience as a gimmick band... they have their nitch in the music industry...

you can say that travis isnt a great drummer all you want but he knows the beat to play to the cash machine that is called the music industry... sometimes you dont have to be the best, fastest, most creative in the industry.. having simplicity sometimes is the only thing you need to make a great song...
                        I'm stunned Salty.......

this is probably the only serious post i've ever seen from you

great points though.........:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          I'm stunned Salty.......

this is probably the only serious post i've ever seen from you

great points though.........:salute!:
                          --->
                          sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Because HES A MARKETING TOOL. He was in a successful pop/punk band and got fame through that. I'm a drummer and all of his stuff is SO EASY to play, yet people think it's great. It pisses me off SO much. then people like Dave weckl and Steve vai get no recognition because they werent in popular bands yet they are the best at what they do!

Avril Lavigne is endorsed by Pearl...Do you think it's because she's a great drummer? or do you think more people will buy pearl drums cause she's playing them and shes "hip"...yeah check your logic. I'm ashamed.

So all the stuff he played in Blink 182 is easy to play, so that makes him a bad drummer?

& What does Avril Laviange have to do with anything were talking about?

Sounds like your getting heated over your opinion that you think is correct.

Comment

:doh:
                              Travis Barker is like the Tom Morello of drummers. Tom Morello isn't the most technical guitarist, but he blends all of his influences and creativity into making a sound all his own.

Both I think are overrated, but that doesn't mean they're bad musicians.
                              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
                                steve vai gets no recognition

Yngwie > steve vai

virtuosos are tools.
                                the space that is mine

Comment

Working...
                                X