Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muthy27
    replied
    I kind of like AVA. I saw them in Columbus last year.

Leave a comment:

• MileHighInNY
    replied
    I jumped on the Blink bandwagon pretty early, right after Cheshire Cat came out (and before Travis joined the band). I love these guys, but I do think that CC was their best album overall, and I think each album released was not quite as good as the one that came before it. Hopefully in their new incarnation they can reclaim the awesome glory of their Dude Ranch days.

Also, bonus bit of trivia: before Travis Barker joined Blink-182, he was the drummer for another one of my all-time favorite bands: The Aquabats!

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Alex Rodriguez from Saosin is WAY better than Travis Barker...

Just youtube Alex Rodriguez and some Saosin concerts. Dude is beastin'.
    More drummers to check out:

Flo Mounier
    Derek Roddy
    Gene Hoglan
    Dave Lombardo
    Inferno from Behemoth
    Frost from satyricon
    Richard Christy
    Chris Adler
    Travis Smith
    Mike Smith
    Tim Alexander

I could go on forever.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

A-Rod is the drummer for Saosin?? .....I thought he was a Yankee

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
    Yngwie > steve vai

virtuosos are tools.
    i agree with that

plus the guys got a killer name

Yngwie Johan Malmsteen > Steven Siro Vai

i was never much a fan of vai but to say the guy doenst get credit is rediculous...

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
    steve vai gets no recognition

Yngwie > steve vai

virtuosos are tools.

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
    :doh:
    Travis Barker is like the Tom Morello of drummers. Tom Morello isn't the most technical guitarist, but he blends all of his influences and creativity into making a sound all his own.

Both I think are overrated, but that doesn't mean they're bad musicians.

Leave a comment:

• Senses Fail
    replied
    Because HES A MARKETING TOOL. He was in a successful pop/punk band and got fame through that. I'm a drummer and all of his stuff is SO EASY to play, yet people think it's great. It pisses me off SO much. then people like Dave weckl and Steve vai get no recognition because they werent in popular bands yet they are the best at what they do!

Avril Lavigne is endorsed by Pearl...Do you think it's because she's a great drummer? or do you think more people will buy pearl drums cause she's playing them and shes "hip"...yeah check your logic. I'm ashamed.

So all the stuff he played in Blink 182 is easy to play, so that makes him a bad drummer?

& What does Avril Laviange have to do with anything were talking about?

Sounds like your getting heated over your opinion that you think is correct.

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I'm stunned Salty.......

this is probably the only serious post i've ever seen from you

great points though.........:salute!:
    --->

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post

blink is ok to their audience as a gimmick band... they have their nitch in the music industry...

you can say that travis isnt a great drummer all you want but he knows the beat to play to the cash machine that is called the music industry... sometimes you dont have to be the best, fastest, most creative in the industry.. having simplicity sometimes is the only thing you need to make a great song...
    I'm stunned Salty.......

this is probably the only serious post i've ever seen from you

great points though.........:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    steve vai gets no recognition

im a tool fan but they arent even in the same category as blink...

blink is ok to their audience as a gimmick band... they have their nitch in the music industry...

you can say that travis isnt a great drummer all you want but he knows the beat to play to the cash machine that is called the music industry... sometimes you dont have to be the best, fastest, most creative in the industry.. having simplicity sometimes is the only thing you need to make a great song...

Leave a comment:

• Scheyjosh
    replied
    Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
    Travis Barker is a great drummer not because of his technicality or skill, but because he's really creative and he has his own style and nobody else sounds like him. He combines punk, hip hop, and a little jazz to create his own unique blend of drumming.
    :doh:

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    Take THAT back. :hammer:

TRAVIS BARKER IS A HORRIBLE DRUMMER

God i hate people who can't play music or don't know about music :brick:
    Travis Barker is a great drummer not because of his technicality or skill, but because he's really creative and he has his own style and nobody else sounds like him. He combines punk, hip hop, and a little jazz to create his own unique blend of drumming.

Leave a comment:

• Scheyjosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
    You've never seen him drum I guess. Why do you think so many other musicians wanted him in their stuff.

Its an opinion, how are you gonna tell me my opinions wrong.
    Because HES A MARKETING TOOL. He was in a successful pop/punk band and got fame through that. I'm a drummer and all of his stuff is SO EASY to play, yet people think it's great. It pisses me off SO much. then people like Dave weckl and Steve vai get no recognition because they werent in popular bands yet they are the best at what they do!

Avril Lavigne is endorsed by Pearl...Do you think it's because she's a great drummer? or do you think more people will buy pearl drums cause she's playing them and shes "hip"...yeah check your logic. I'm ashamed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X