Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you HATE when bands change their entire sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a band that was contrary to this topic.

Bad Company.

When Paul Rogers left the band, they went with Brian Howe on lead vocals and put out an album called Dangerous Age.

That album ROCKS!! Totally different sound from the original band but in this case, I thought the entire thing was fantastic.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I remember hearing Use Your Illusion and going "What the Hell is this". Guns changed their dirty blues based sound so much it was disheartening. Although I like how a band like Pearl Jam 'tweak' their sound. I couldn't stand hearing a teenage angst album like 'Ten' from a bunch of 40 year olds. But they still put out some damn good rock n roll and have changed for the positive.

Comment

AFI changed for the better imo. I couldn't stand any of their old albums.

Comment

Ministry is an example of a band that is opposite of this theory. Their first album was kinda Depeche Mode like, then they started to actually be good. I have heard Al Jourgensen admit that they had to conform with that first album to get their feet in the door. Now they kick ass with stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNrF...eature=related

Comment

Papa Roach comes to mind....

yeah i really hate that it will either sound kinda the same or really different in a bad way.

I am a huge Incubus fan but not so much their new stuff. i just wish they would return back to their more metal days but doesnt look like it will happen....

as for Korn? i loved their old stuff and wasnt a big fan of their new stuff

I know bands want to change and grow but i wish they would atleast incorperate some of their old stuff

:go:

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post

yeah i really hate that it will either sound kinda the same or really different in a bad way.

I am a huge Incubus fan but not so much their new stuff. i just wish they would return back to their more metal days but doesnt look like it will happen....

as for Korn? i loved their old stuff and wasnt a big fan of their new stuff

I know bands want to change and grow but i wish they would atleast incorperate some of their old stuff

I'm seeing them tonight at the Fillmore and they better be playing 95% old tunes. I don't begrudge bands changing and experimenting, but onstage you better play what people paid to see.

Comment

I guess it depends. Because the more and more I think about it artists like Sweatshop Union, Classified, Dropkick Murphys (I LOVE "The Meanest Of Times"), Atmosphere, As I Lay Dying, Godsmack, and Sage Francis all kinda tweaked their sound (not drastically, but noticeable) and it all worked out well.

I just can't understand bands like Linkin Park anymore, you had a good thing going and you shut Mike Shinoda out of Minutes To Midnight outside of Bleed It Out and you expect the most loyal of fans to eat it up? I know he has side projects like Fort Minor and all but LP was unique because of him.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                  AFI changed for the better imo. I couldn't stand any of their old albums.
                  AFI?
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

DMB's last couple albums (Stand up and Everyday) have been quite a bit different from his early stuff.

They have been quite a large disappointment amongst the more "serious" DMB fans....and he RARELY plays songs off those albums live and when he does most people head off to the bathrooms).

...He is releasing a new album comin up here in June though and the new songs that he has played live sound GREAT so far, so most of us are hoping that this is going to be a FANTASTIC album, especially since it is dedicated to LeRoi.
                    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                      I guess it depends. Because the more and more I think about it artists like Sweatshop Union, Classified, Dropkick Murphys (I LOVE "The Meanest Of Times"), Atmosphere, As I Lay Dying, Godsmack, and Sage Francis all kinda tweaked their sound (not drastically, but noticeable) and it all worked out well.

I just can't understand bands like Linkin Park anymore, you had a good thing going and you shut Mike Shinoda out of Minutes To Midnight outside of Bleed It Out and you expect the most loyal of fans to eat it up? I know he has side projects like Fort Minor and all but LP was unique because of him.
                      LP didnt shut Mike Shinoda out in their new album (which was crap) he sang more than he rapped.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post

Yeah, I thought Hybrid Theory was an excellent album. Very different from what was popular. To me everything after has been mediocre. It seems like they are changing their style just to do it. I don't see a method to their madness at all.

Comment

Yes.

I'm not a huge fan of PR, but this last album.... Man, did they go mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                            Yes.

I'm not a huge fan of PR, but this last album.... Man, did they go mainstream.
                            well i LOVED their first album "Infest" but after that everything else is just crap

Comment

well i LOVED their first album "Infest" but after that everything else is just crap

Couldn't agree more with this statement. I also loved Infest. I feel like they sold out since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                I'm seeing them tonight at the Fillmore and they better be playing 95% old tunes. I don't begrudge bands changing and experimenting, but onstage you better play what people paid to see.
                                Imo....korn is the best band ever....I think i've seen them 15 or so times.....last time about a year go...they seem to do a good job playing across the spectrum of albums....but if you expect to see 95 percent of the concert to be the first album and life is peachy ur gonna be disapointed....they always do a good job though....i cut highschool a few times in the mid and late 90's to watch them....so many good memories
                                "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

Working...
                                X