X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skywalker
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    Really, though, if you take Jar Jar out of it and maybe recast Jake Lloyd with a better actor (I know it is tough when they are young), dont you have a much better movie? Just small tweaks give it a better flow. Not to mention, as far as visuals go, the movie is fantastic.

And yes, Darth Maul rocks.
    I actually thought Jake Lloyd was okay. And I really like TPM (all 6 Star Wars movies make my Top 10 Favorites list). I agree, if Jar Jar wasn't in it it would be a better movie.

Having a Gungan befriend Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is important, so later Amidala can ask him for help to fight the Federation. All Lucas needed to do was make that Gungan a decent character. Instead, he creates one of the most annoying characters of all time.

Yes, Darth Maul is awesome. I was 9 when TPM came out, and I didn't even like Star Wars back then, and I still thought Darth Maul was the coolest villain ever.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    Good points, and I agree with all of them (except for Darth Maul ). It is the worst Star Wars movie. My point was just that it definitely doesn't deserve to be on the "Worst Movies Ever" list
    Really, though, if you take Jar Jar out of it and maybe recast Jake Lloyd with a better actor (I know it is tough when they are young), dont you have a much better movie? Just small tweaks give it a better flow. Not to mention, as far as visuals go, the movie is fantastic.

And yes, Darth Maul rocks.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    Prom Night...or just about every "horror" movie made in the past 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The hype alone made this a movie that couldn't succeed. But you mentioned it yourself about Jar Jar, horrible character. I felt Lucas sold out with this and went for blockbuster status. This movie was made for kids, not the older fans of the first three IMHO. Episode 2 was good and Episode 3 was great. But TPM was not a good movie by any stretch IMO. And Darth Maul was in it for what, a minute? Definitely not enough to make me feel like he was a real bad a$$. But to each his own.
    Good points, and I agree with all of them (except for Darth Maul ). It is the worst Star Wars movie. My point was just that it definitely doesn't deserve to be on the "Worst Movies Ever" list

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    .90 cent gas? How old are you?!??!

it was .99 cents when i was in high school...

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Hey listen, AoD and Starship Troopers are two of my favorites, I swear! But they are still good bad movies.
    Oops .. didn't mean to have Showgirls quoted.

I guess seeing Elizabeth Berkley a few times must have sunk in subconsciously...

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    How so?

As a person who has seen all 6 Star Wars movies MULTIPLE times, I really don't understand the hate for the prequels. Sure, compared to the original trilogy they aren't as good (and that is why everyone hates them), but they really aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

I've been watching TPM alot for some reason recently, and I've grown to really like it. The only thing horrible about it is Jar Jar Binks. Everyone's acting is decent (and if you're expecting Oscar worthy acting in Star Wars you're watching the wrong movie), it has a BAMF villain in Darth Maul, and there's a decent amount of action in it.

Is it the greatest movie ever? No. But it doesn't deserve to be on the list of "Worst Movies Ever".
    The hype alone made this a movie that couldn't succeed. But you mentioned it yourself about Jar Jar, horrible character. I felt Lucas sold out with this and went for blockbuster status. This movie was made for kids, not the older fans of the first three IMHO. Episode 2 was good and Episode 3 was great. But TPM was not a good movie by any stretch IMO. And Darth Maul was in it for what, a minute? Definitely not enough to make me feel like he was a real bad a$$. But to each his own.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    I think the jack is on(i'd hate to be there when the jack's off ).

Too angular compared to what?!?!? Sleek... lean...... taunt.... like looking at a gorgeous woman.
    The flat trunk, the sharp edges. I dunno. I can see by your pics the type of ride you like. But Im more for this:

Smooth, curvy, and pimpin

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    :offtopic:
    Yep, I when I was in college in Georgia, gas was under a dollar. This was 1995 (?) or thereabouts. Im not THAT old. Just a product of a depressed economy. Us po' southern folk.

'69 Camaros are ok with my, but they are too angular. They dont have any curves to them. Too square.

I remember my Dad having a Willys panel truck, but I dont remember the year. It was tough though. He would beat it to death and it kept on running.
    I think the jack is on(i'd hate to be there when the jack's off ).

Too angular compared to what?!?!? Sleek... lean...... taunt.... like looking at a gorgeous woman.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied

a 500 hp car is no laughing matter... and in a convertable to boot? The '67 is a pretty car, but I'm not a huge fan of the squareness of that and the '68. The '69 has always been leaner and sleeker... sexier... looking to me. But you mentioning you Ford truck? I'll admit... I love "Effies". Maybe it's just old trucks in general? Growing up we had a '57 Willy's truck in the sideyard that my dad swore was mine. I was PISSED when he sold it to his brother for pennies! Body was clean and straight, but that was all it was; a body and solid frame. Anywho... now that we've jacked this thread.....
    :offtopic:
    Yep, I when I was in college in Georgia, gas was under a dollar. This was 1995 (?) or thereabouts. Im not THAT old. Just a product of a depressed economy. Us po' southern folk.

'69 Camaros are ok with my, but they are too angular. They dont have any curves to them. Too square.

I remember my Dad having a Willys panel truck, but I dont remember the year. It was tough though. He would beat it to death and it kept on running.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Gonna push the jack one post further, but the first car my dad and I rebuilt was a 69 le mans convertible. Sweet car.
    Yeah it is!! :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

a 500 hp car is no laughing matter... and in a convertable to boot? The '67 is a pretty car, but I'm not a huge fan of the squareness of that and the '68. The '69 has always been leaner and sleeker... sexier... looking to me. But you mentioning you Ford truck? I'll admit... I love "Effies". Maybe it's just old trucks in general? Growing up we had a '57 Willy's truck in the sideyard that my dad swore was mine. I was PISSED when he sold it to his brother for pennies! Body was clean and straight, but that was all it was; a body and solid frame. Anywho... now that we've jacked this thread.....
    Gonna push the jack one post further, but the first car my dad and I rebuilt was a 69 le mans convertible. Sweet car.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Ive had a ton of 67 cars for some reason. I had a real bad azz 67 Camaro convertible. It was not where close to original, but it had a monster 396 in it. The guy I got it from pumped it up to about 500 horsepower. It was a beast to drive. Thank goodness for 90 cent gas prices back in the day.

Had a 55 Ford truck too. And a 79 Camaro. A 75 (? cant remember now) 240Z.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    I'm more a Chevy guy myself. The Chevelle are nice though '72. My two favs are the '69 Camaro and '57 2 door Bel Air(though I won't look a gift Nomad in the mouth). Most Chevy trucks I like, would prefer a '54(even though they built it late into '55) or a "big window".... *sigh*..... I miss my '69 RS/SS though. Azure blue with the white stripes, black deluze cloth with a 350, 700r4 mated to it rolling on 15's on the front and 16's in the back and the headlight covers worked flawlessly(which you don't see too often)...... *sigh*....... sold it for $22,500 about 4 years ago.
    Ive had a ton of 67 cars for some reason. I had a real bad azz 67 Camaro convertible. It was not where close to original, but it had a monster 396 in it. The guy I got it from pumped it up to about 500 horsepower. It was a beast to drive. Thank goodness for 90 cent gas prices back in the day.

Had a 55 Ford truck too. And a 79 Camaro. A 75 (? cant remember now) 240Z.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Mortgage, kids....tougher nowadays. I have a Chevelle sitting around that I need to rebuild. One of these days.
    I'm more a Chevy guy myself. The Chevelle are nice though '72. My two favs are the '69 Camaro and '57 2 door Bel Air(though I won't look a gift Nomad in the mouth). Most Chevy trucks I like, would prefer a '54(even though they built it late into '55) or a "big window".... *sigh*..... I miss my '69 RS/SS though. Azure blue with the white stripes, black deluze cloth with a 350, 700r4 mated to it rolling on 15's on the front and 16's in the back and the headlight covers worked flawlessly(which you don't see too often)...... *sigh*....... sold it for $22,500 about 4 years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X