Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

told you i'd be back....
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Yeah, I read it... One nice post, deserves some CP once I can again... Now all I have to do is watch the movie when it will happen here, and see what is going on... :thumb:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Falcon View Post
        Yeah, I read it... One nice post, deserves some CP once I can again... Now all I have to do is watch the movie when it will happen here, and see what is going on... :thumb:
        the thing about the summer blockbuster is that you have to really let go of your critical side for film (harder for me to do) because though i fancy myself a student of film, etc.... i LOVE the summer blockbuster.

i know the plots are lacking, and the acting is campy, but a summer blockbuster is all about explosions, gunfire, action and visual candy... and that's one thing we've gotten a fair share of so far with Star Trek and Terminator... and the crown jewel of the summer is yet to come with Transformers...which I cannot wait for....

i catch a lot of heat from my buddy about how i like Michael Bay's movies.... which is hilarious because I know Michael Bay is a joke of a director... but the guy knows action film, and he knows action sequences, and any director that can get such amazing cooperation from the military must know something....

his movies might lack plot and such...and he isn't the best at casting choices... but oh well...

also pearl harbor sucked...though. but even cameron has titanic on his back to deal with...
        sigpic

Comment

Ill probably go see it tonight. Cant wait.
          sigpic

Comment

I just seen it earlier. I highly recommend it, and I give it a 9/10. FILLED WITH ACTION. AWESOME ACTION FILM!!!! Lots of "Terminator Cliche's " But rightly justified. MUST SEE!!!
            SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
              Ill probably go see it tonight. Cant wait.
              Im going Wednesday with some buddies.
              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                I just seen it earlier. I highly recommend it, and I give it a 9/10. FILLED WITH ACTION. AWESOME ACTION FILM!!!! Lots of "Terminator Cliche's " But rightly justified. MUST SEE!!!
                Ok, I know this is a summer blockbuster but.....

How is the story and acting? Ive heard the action is tight but the story left alot to be desired. Any insight?
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                  Ok, I know this is a summer blockbuster but.....

How is the story and acting? Ive heard the action is tight but the story left alot to be desired. Any insight?
                  I dont want to kill it for you guys. So I will just tell you a wee bit. Acting IS NOT entirely BAD (Yet for some of the other weak actors the diologue does come off unconvincingly), some lines said by some of the other no name actors made me roll my eyes a bit, but it didnt entirely "kill it" or the mood. I think that if a mediocre actor were playing John Connor some of those lines would come off rather cheesy! Bale gives a line towards the end that everyone should know (If you are familiar with the original T1/T2/Arnold), yet it DOESNT come off Cheeseballed), and if you didnt know the line, you wouldnt pick up on it. Bales performance is GREAT!

The story does have a Beginning and end, yet is open for the next chapter (Done really well), and I hear this is going to be another trilogy (2 parts to follow). So you dont mind much about what it didnt cover as you know they will cover it in the next couple. This film does present some of the model Termi's that we heard about in the first 1 (Kinda like watching Starwars Ep. 1 I.e. you know what happens eventually) As for the effects, They are much better than I expected and will definitely satisfy the eyes with all the amazing FX. hope that help a bit, if you want to know more just let me know.

For the most part this movie STAYS TRUE TO THE 'ARNOlD TERMINATOR FRANCHISE!!!'
                  Last edited by MileHighStud; 05-22-2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                    I dont want to kill it for you guys. So I will just tell you a wee bit. Acting IS NOT entirely BAD (Yet for some of the other weak actors the diologue does come off unconvincingly), some lines said by some of the other no name actors made me roll my eyes a bit, but it didnt entirely "kill it" or the mood. I think that if a mediocre actor were playing John Connor some of those lines would come off rather cheesy! Bale gives a line towards the end that everyone should know (If you are familiar with the original T1/T2/Arnold), yet it DOESNT come off Cheeseballed), and if you didnt know the line, you wouldnt pick up on it. Bales performance is GREAT!

The story does have a Beginning and end, yet is open for the next chapter (Done really well), and I hear this is going to be another trilogy (2 parts to follow). So you dont mind much about what it didnt cover as you know they will cover it in the next couple. This film does present some of the model Termi's that we heard about in the first 1 (Kinda like watching Starwars Ep. 1 I.e. you know what happens eventually) As for the effects, They are much better than I expected and will definitely satisfy the eyes with all the amazing FX. hope that help a bit, if you want to know more just let me know.
                    Thanks for the review!
                    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

No prob!:salute!:

Comment

Just came back from seeing it. I didn't expect this movie to be this good.
                        Being a die hard Batman fan I loved seeing Bale in this movie, he did a great job.
                        Only thing I didn't really like was some of the actors and the way it went too fast at the end. It was cool seeing some of the references made to the older movies.

Comment

I thought the movie was enjoyable but it was far from good ....

I was disappointed in the overall film and think the Terminator series has ran its coarse for the time being .......
                          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Eh... if you like Bale(I do) and explosion upon explosion(I do) you'll be able to watch the movie. It wasn't bad... some of the acting was a wee off... but oh well. I had a hard time getting over Bale though. A lot of his lines were "agressive" or low volume so I got a lot of Batman out of him(and in just about every scene I could picture him screaming at a sound tech).

SPOILER- I did like the- "When your men find out you're gone, what should I tell them?" line with Connor's response. They made a few references to the older movies that were pretty cool. Some parts were hard to stomach- like the scene in the old gas station when the big terminator snuck up on them, yet every other terminator seemed to have a knack for telegraphing it's arrival with loud noise or earth shaking movements.... And Arnie??!!?!?! I know, CGI!! But still..... gotta love him! And the fact that they did not include his dong(Sorry Dr. Manhatten!!) was great!

Anywho...... overall, it was enjoyable but not great. I'd watch it again on DVD if I were in the mood for action.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

The movie wasn't dark enough. At no point did I ever really feel humanities desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
                                The movie wasn't dark enough. At no point did I ever really feel humanities desperation.
                                i don't think it had gotten to that point yet... i mean, the HK's were very easily taken down by Warthogs, and the Terminators were, well... Terminate-able... quite easily...

*shrugs*

at least Sam Raimi didn't direct it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X