Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO

For those of you who may be interested, here's the recently released trailer for the upcoming game. I'm not gonna lie. It's pretty bad ass.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ourceid=ea3719

Need to build a rig since this stupid laptop can't even run Sims 3 or Empire Total War. I mean, honestly? Come on!

Comment

wow that looks really cool too bad its an mmo instead of a another KOTOR game on the x box

Comment

The game should be good because BioWare is behind it, they have a knack for making great games. One thing I don't understand is why people get so excited over trailers. No MMORPG looks like it's opening trailer. The graphics won't be as good as the trailer, people said the same thing once Warhammer Online's trailer came out, people thought the game would look similar, but it didn't.

I might check out SW:TOR, but I'm looking forward to FFXIV: Online more now. FFXI was a great game (Played for 5 years), and supposedly the developers have really taken into account the problems people had with FFXI and are changing them in the new game. FFXIV will easily have better graphics than SW:TOR simply because they are using the Crystal Tools engine, which is supposedly like the cream of the crop of graphics (Presumably apart from Crysis). I just built a new rig this past year, so I might be looking at upgrading my graphics card for FFXIV's release in 2010, but either way, it's going to be totally worth it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
          wow that looks really cool too bad its an mmo instead of a another KOTOR game on the x box
          the series started on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
            The game should be good because BioWare is behind it, they have a knack for making great games. One thing I don't understand is why people get so excited over trailers. No MMORPG looks like it's opening trailer. The graphics won't be as good as the trailer, people said the same thing once Warhammer Online's trailer came out, people thought the game would look similar, but it didn't.

I might check out SW:TOR, but I'm looking forward to FFXIV: Online more now. FFXI was a great game (Played for 5 years), and supposedly the developers have really taken into account the problems people had with FFXI and are changing them in the new game. FFXIV will easily have better graphics than SW:TOR simply because they are using the Crystal Tools engine, which is supposedly like the cream of the crop of graphics (Presumably apart from Crysis). I just built a new rig this past year, so I might be looking at upgrading my graphics card for FFXIV's release in 2010, but either way, it's going to be totally worth it.
            Um... I don't think anyone but a 10 year old seriously believes that a game will look like the trailer.

Still doesn't stop the trailer from being probably the best 3 minutes of Star Wars ever produced.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
              Um... I don't think anyone but a 10 year old seriously believes that a game will look like the trailer.

Still doesn't stop the trailer from being probably the best 3 minutes of Star Wars ever produced.
              lol so true. I don't understand Star Wars personally. Never could really get why it was considered to be so cool to be honest, but that's my opinion haha. Being 21, I found the original trilogy to be too outdated and the new ones were just lame to me.

The Gears of War franchise and Crysis trailers/cut scenes actually look worse than the in-game footage, though. But that's completely irrelevant cos we're talking about an MMORPG w/ SW:TOR. I know what you mean, though. After looking at a few comments about Star Wars, a lot of people believe that the gameplay will look like the trailer, needless to say, they are going to be a little upset when they play it for the first time...
              sigpic

Comment

the series started on the PC.
                Wrong. XBox. Ported to PC.

And if you go to the site and look at the in game footage they have a year+ before release... it's impressive.

I played Conan... which was supposed to be graphics intensive... and their action already rivals if not surpasses it.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                  lol so true. I don't understand Star Wars personally. Never could really get why it was considered to be so cool to be honest, but that's my opinion haha. Being 21, I found the original trilogy to be too outdated and the new ones were just lame to me.

The Gears of War franchise and Crysis trailers/cut scenes actually look worse than the in-game footage, though. But that's completely irrelevant cos we're talking about an MMORPG w/ SW:TOR. I know what you mean, though. After looking at a few comments about Star Wars, a lot of people believe that the gameplay will look like the trailer, needless to say, they are going to be a little upset when they play it for the first time...
                  Well, it's not the graphics or special effects that draw people to Star Wars now days, although they were ground breaking new innovations at that time. It's the story. And that is timeless.

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  Wrong. XBox. Ported to PC.

Okay then.. I stand corrected..

Comment

Realize I'm bumping a very old post, but figured I'd renew interest in it since I loved KoTOR and I'm looking forward to TOR coming out!

Here's some news, updates and various takes on developing!

Enjoy!
                    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                    sigpic

Comment

You'll be playing it before I do, so tell me how good it is.

Comment

Possible release date?
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

As far as I can tell they are targeting a "spring 2011" release.
                          Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
                            As far as I can tell they are targeting a "spring 2011" release.
                            I've been waiting for this game for years. Problem is I'm not really at a point in my life where I'll have time to play it.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              I've been waiting for this game for years. Problem is I'm not really at a point in my life where I'll have time to play it.
                              Yeah.... this is me.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X