Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: Bands that you think should be more popular (tell us about them!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official: Bands that you think should be more popular (tell us about them!)

There are sooo many bands out there that go unheard by many music fans. Many of these bands are just not as popular as a band on the radio. Some of these bands don't turn into a 'mainstream' band just to get their songs onto the radio. Some of these bands are from another country or region.

I love expanding my Itunes library by listening to new bands. My friends would take my Iphone from me to see what type of music I have, and they'll be saying "Who in the hell is so and so?"

"Dude, they are a sweet band but pretty unheard of."

So give this thread a chance guys, tell us about some bands that you think deserve more recognition and should simply be more popular. Do you know someone in a band with an album out and you want to spread the word about them? Or are you just so INTO a band that you want to spread their style/type of music to others.

Give it a try, don't be afraid.

Post the band name, a website from them, and one of their top unknown hits. It doesn't have to be any specific type of music either...

-------------------------------------

For my first band, I think I'll choose a band called:

TheBleedingAlarm

This band isn't very popular here in America. In fact, they are in Canada *This one is for you CanDB*, and have gone through a couple of lineup changes. They are more of alt/rock/a lighter post-hardcore

BUT, they did release an excellent album in 2006, and when I first heard it I bought it off of Itunes.

Their top song is called Sorrow The Seas of My Heart Check out the music video, and give em a try!

:thumb:

(Keep them coming. I want to hear more and learn about more bands)
    Last edited by Peerless; 06-17-2009, 11:12 PM.

The Velvet Underground...I mean really, come on world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BitnKWJftXw

One of the most influencial bands in history.

As far as hip hop goes, I have seen no recognition for De La Soul and Digable Planets from anybody that isn't a friend on the interwebz.

I will come back later when i've thought more about it.
    Last edited by aberdien; 06-17-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LW3MtmncVE

They're a Christian band. Unlike many other bands, their songs are meaningful and very powerful. It's a shame more PPL don't listen to them

Ten Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_0HO3up1w

Same reasons I listed about Red..but they aren't Christian.
      Last edited by Broncosojia; 06-18-2009, 01:37 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Arctic Monkeys,punk band from England check em out http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/
        I really like Cheese.

Comment

Mainstream music in general is usually not very good. It could just be me, but I can't stand it. I haven't watched MTV or listened to an FM radio station in a good year at least. Maybe its just my stubbornness.

Anyways, Bayside is by far my favorite band not just for their blend of catchy vocals, superb guitar solos and overall good sound, but also for the fact they they have the purest intentions in what they do. Their lyrics are actually meaningful and they have an extreme amount of devotion to their fans. They're more than just band mates and have fans that are a 'cult.' I strongly recommend this band to someone that understands quality music and I advise you to check out their history simply by going to wikipedia. Great band, Bayside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayside_(band)

www.myspace.com/bayside

Alot of the music I listen to is a lot different in style than Bayside and here's some cool bands I would recommend:

www.myspace.com/radicalface

www.myspace.com/steeltrain

www.myspace.com/thematches

www.myspace.com/astronautolis

www.myspace.com/rickolus

www.myspace.com/thefutureoftheghost
          sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

psychostick:

www.myspace.com/psychostick

Kick ass heavy metal, with hilarious lyrics.

Anvil:

http://www.myspace.com/anvilmetal

Anvil was a huge inspiration to bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Guns 'n Roses. They were really one of the first thrash bands, before thrash even existed. One of the most influential metal bands ever. They should be up there with Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden, yet 90% of people don't know who they are.

Watch "Anvil! The story of Anvil". Listen to "Hard 'n Heavy" "Metal on Metal" and "forged in fire"
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Kamelot

http://www.youtube.com/user/kameloto...l?blend=1&ob=4

It's not even that they aren't popular, they are, I just feel like a lot more people should know about them

Roy Khan, without a doubt, is the greatest vocalist I've ever heard.

Everyone should check out their DVD 'One Cold Winter's Night'. Awesome production and one hell of a performance.
              Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Depends on the musical style

for metal, I'd say Devildriver (LOVE Pray For Villains, but my favorite song would be Hold Back The Day), Threat Signal (A New Beginning or Haunting are great songs), and I guess you could say Trivium (Like Light To The Flies). I would say Five Finger Death Punch (Ashes and Salvation are my favorite songs), but they're overplayed on the radio...just not the good songs.

Rap you have Atmosphere (Favorite Song is Watch Out), Sweatshop Union (Favorite song is Don't Mind Us), and Classified (Quit While You're Ahead is favorite song) are all solid picks as underrated groups.

A band I think Peerless would like, Crash Kings. They sound a lot like The White Stripes, I guess you'd say they're alternative? Anyway check out Mountain Man (too lazy to link)
                Last edited by str8jacket; 06-18-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I like bands who are killer when they play live shows. So with that, I think right now a real great underappreciated live band is My Morning Jacket. If you youtube their version of 'Tyrone' with Erykah Badu you will see what I'm talking about. Another good live band is the Black Keys. I am glad these bands are on the level they are on though, so there is no reason to sell out. I saw them play together last year at Red Rocks and it was on fire. The Black Keys are doing the Mile High Music festival next month along with Tool. That should be awesome. I will check out some of the bands mentioned because I too like to discover new stuff.

Comment

I've posted about them many times ....I cant say enough about REHAB

Because Danny Boone Is the Man

If you get a chance to see them do it ..... They will be in a city near you soon they tour like mad when I seen them I was blown away and I have seen countless shows hundreds and cant wait to see them again....

Chest Pain

I know it mite not be for everyone but check out the part of the song from 2:00-2:25

Danny Boone does not mess around the guy is ultra talented ...

and my fav Rehab song ....

Graffiti the World
                    Last edited by LarryDean; 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM.
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Three more suggestions:

www.myspace.com/sigurros

www.myspace.com/tellison

www.myspace.com/unwedsailor
                      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Some nice bands you guys, I've been listening to them.

Here is another band from me:

The Juliana Theory

Although they broke up a while ago, their music is always been played on my itunes/iphone. They are a sweet Rock band.

My favorite song that I listen to when I lift:

Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                          Some nice bands you guys, I've been listening to them.

Here is another band from me:

The Juliana Theory

Although they broke up a while ago, their music is always been played on my itunes/iphone. They are a sweet Rock band.

My favorite song that I listen to when I lift:

Congratulations
                          Have you had the chance to see them yet on campus ... ? they get down I like it ....
                          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

The Black Angels, saw them at a club in Vancouver, BC. based on a referral from a friend who saw them at a festival in Oregon. I would call them 70's style war rock and roll. Perhaps they are larger in the US than in Canada, but good stuff.

Also, gotta plug Cold Driven as I have 2 cousins in the band, and the music continues to get better everyday. Young guys from Armstrong, BC. town of about 5000 less than an hour from Kelowna, BC. Lucky me I live between the 2.
                            Last edited by conannilsen; 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM.
                            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                              Red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LW3MtmncVE

They're a Christian band. Unlike many other bands, their songs are meaningful and very powerful. It's a shame more PPL don't listen to them

Ten Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_0HO3up1w

Same reasons I listed about Red..but they aren't Christian.
                              RED is one of my favorite bands.... I was listening to them today actually. Have both of their albums.

Also:

Falling UP:

"How They Made Cameras"

"Arch to Achilles"

SKILLET:

"Hero"

"Whispers in the Dark"

"The Last Night"

Tenth Avenue North:

"Love Is Here"

"By Your Side"

RelientK:

"Deathbed"

"Forgiven"

Switchfoot:

"This is Home"

"Dare You to Move"

Run Kid Run:

"Freedom"

...yes the majority of what i listen to is Christian music, however I do have quite a diverse music collection and taste.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X