Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your favorite band that went mainstream

mine was Incubus

Silversun Pickups. Or are they not mainstream yet? They were playing them on the radio a year ago I believe.

Manchester Orchestra has also gone mainstream or is close to it, I think. I don't know, I don't listen to mainstream in the first place.
    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Green Day for one but honestly I loved their new album because all the songs are unique in their own sense.

My Chemical Romance I wouldn't call mainstream but some might say they are now but I still think they are great.

Fall Out Boy went too pop for my tastes.

Comment

There's alot, but most of them have started to suck once they signed to a bigger label/got more popular. Maybe my music taste just changed.

One example would be One Republic. I loved their song (I can't even remember the name anymore) when I first heard it and I faintly remember saying it was one of my favorites of all time. But then recently I heard it on the radio and thought it was pretty terrible. So either the band starts to suck or I start to realize that the band sucked all along.

Also Red came to my town 3 or 4 years ago and I guess they're pretty popular nowadays although I don't really listen to them much.

Comment

I think my answer can be found here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=143115

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            Green Day for one but honestly I loved their new album because all the songs are unique in their own sense.
            Green Day gets too much **** from people. I don't care what they say, Green Day used to kick ass.

There's a few alright songs on their new one, but the old stuff is where it's at.

Comment

Lamb of God

Comment

Generation X
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

Metallica. Although i was just being born when they were going mainstream, I listen to anything from the Black Album on and it just completely sucks compared to there 80's stuff. It's mainstream rock compared to there thrash metal masterpieces.

It's really sad how metallica turned out.
                  the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
                    Metallica.
                    Yep. I was turned on to them somewhere around '84 or '85. For years people had no idea what or who they were even though we were trying to spread the word. ( \m/ "Metallica, little boy... and don't you forget it!!!" ) Interesting times...

The other two that I can think of off the top of my head are the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Dave Matthews Band. Long time fan of both long before they went mainstream.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Technically, couldnt this pretty much be every band in the world? I mean, they all had to start somewhere and usually it was in a garage or a basement. So, mine would be Aerosmith.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                        There's alot, but most of them have started to suck once they signed to a bigger label/got more popular. Maybe my music taste just changed.

One example would be One Republic. I loved their song (I can't even remember the name anymore) when I first heard it and I faintly remember saying it was one of my favorites of all time. But then recently I heard it on the radio and thought it was pretty terrible. So either the band starts to suck or I start to realize that the band sucked all along.

Also Red came to my town 3 or 4 years ago and I guess they're pretty popular nowadays although I don't really listen to them much.
                        Both of those are good. I liked OneRepublic like 3 years before they were even playing on the radio and now whenever I hear them I'm just annoyed.

RED I still love, but yeah, I also liked them way before they got popular.

Its not so much the band getting popular because if they're good I think they deserve to be popular, but its the people who now listen to them who are annoying.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post

Its not so much the band getting popular because if they're good I think they deserve to be popular, but its the people who now listen to them who are annoying.
                          I agree.

the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Well with me its hard to say that mine went mainstream but Nightwish and Dragonforce are a couple that spring to mind most people here are now scratching there head saying who lol
                            sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                              Both of those are good. I liked OneRepublic like 3 years before they were even playing on the radio and now whenever I hear them I'm just annoyed.

RED I still love, but yeah, I also liked them way before they got popular.

I think I saw RED in like '04 or something playing at Calvary Chapel one time... I liked them then... still do... them and Skillet make harder Christian music awesome.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X