The official Saosin is GOD thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official Saosin is GOD thread

If you've never taken the time to listen to a Saosin song, you're missing out.

Aside from all of the homerism, these guys are purely amazing.

They are EXCELLENT musicians, from their lead/bass guitars to their SICK drummer.

Read up on Saosin here: Saosin Wiki

They actually are an 'older' band. They had a great singer in Anthony Green who left the band, and left the lead singer spot to Cove Reber. To this day, fans from old and new Saosin bicker about which singer was better.

Truthfully, I like Cove better...

I own every single song that these guys have made... The ones that made it to the album, to their instrumental tracks.

There's just something about their music that gets me going. I can run, lift, drive, and even sleep to their music.

They have a NEW album coming out in September, and I'm STOKED about it. I've been waiting THREE years for a new album, since their last release in 2006 was their self titled.

Here are some of my favorite tracks:

Voices

Some Sense of Security

Own My Own - NEW SONG coming up on their second album!

These guys are seriously pretty damn good live too...

It's Far Better to Learn

Bury Your Head

Anyways, any other Saosin fans out there? I'm psyched as hell for their second LP to drop, on September 8th.

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    If you've never taken the time to listen to a Saosin song, you're missing out.

Aside from all of the homerism, these guys are purely amazing.

They are EXCELLENT musicians, from their lead/bass guitars to their SICK drummer.

Read up on Saosin here: Saosin Wiki

They actually are an 'older' band. They had a great singer in Anthony Green who left the band, and left the lead singer spot to Cove Reber. To this day, fans from old and new Saosin bicker about which singer was better.

Truthfully, I like Cove better...

I own every single song that these guys have made... The ones that made it to the album, to their instrumental tracks.

There's just something about their music that gets me going. I can run, lift, drive, and even sleep to their music.

They have a NEW album coming out in September, and I'm STOKED about it. I've been waiting THREE years for a new album, since their last release in 2006 was their self titled.

Here are some of my favorite tracks:

Voices

Some Sense of Security

Own My Own - NEW SONG coming up on their second album!

These guys are seriously pretty damn good live too...

It's Far Better to Learn

Bury Your Head

Anyways, any other Saosin fans out there? I'm psyched as hell for their second LP to drop, on September 8th.
    I like the Bury Your Head song. Im going go grab it from iTunes.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I dont see whats so special about them. They sound just like every other alternative rock band.

Comment

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
        I dont see whats so special about them. They sound just like every other alternative rock band.
        Two each his own I guess.

Comment

I'm going to disagree with you and say that a lot of today's alternative rock bands sound like Saosin, especially the ones that everyone on the boards have recommended. Saosin used to be a favorite of mine, but I've sort of moved on from them. Anthony Green is a better singer than Cove is, in my opinion, and he's done some great solo stuff and Circa Survive, another band he fronted, is very cool. My favorite Saosin song is I Can Tell There Was an Accident Here Earlier. I've lost my taste for Saosin simply because they are no longer original, not because they weren't original when they started, but because there are so many bands that sound like them, that it has made them less unique. That's my two cents; I hope it is a fair assessment.
          sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
            I'm going to disagree with you and say that a lot of today's alternative rock bands sound like Saosin, especially the ones that everyone on the boards have recommended. Saosin used to be a favorite of mine, but I've sort of moved on from them. Anthony Green is a better singer than Cove is, in my opinion, and he's done some great solo stuff and Circa Survive, another band he fronted, is very cool. My favorite Saosin song is I Can Tell There Was an Accident Here Earlier. I've lost my taste for Saosin simply because they are no longer original, not because they weren't original when they started, but because there are so many bands that sound like them, that it has made them less unique. That's my two cents; I hope it is a fair assessment.
            Love that song also..

I like AG, but sometimes I feel like he gets soooo whiny when he sings, and I can't stand whiny singers or people in general.

As long as Saosin is a band, there will always be disputes.... But you should def. check out the new material and the new LP when it comes out.

Comment

Love that song also..

I like AG, but sometimes I feel like he gets soooo whiny when he sings, and I can't stand whiny singers or people in general.

As long as Saosin is a band, there will always be disputes.... But you should def. check out the new material and the new LP when it comes out.
              I will for sure.
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

I agree. They're okay and listenable but there's not much that sets them apart from the milions of other bands that sound just like them.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                  I agree. They're okay and listenable but there's not much that sets them apart from the milions of other bands that sound just like them.
                  The genre as a whole is pretty lacking when it comes to musicianship.

Comment

The genre as a whole is pretty lacking when it comes to musicianship.
                    Agreed. I've never even heard of Saosin before this thread. Not my style of music. Like Peerless said, to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
                      Agreed. I've never even heard of Saosin before this thread. Not my style of music. Like Peerless said, to each his own.
                      And it's true.

I hate when people say "Dude, this band sucks.... how can you listen to them?"

I'm on absolutepunk.com, and that line gets thrown around a lot.

If I like the sound, I like the sound. So what if their sound doesn't set them apart? Like really, who cares?

If people like how their music sounds, then that's it. Does a band HAVE to sound different from others to be unique and likeable? I don't think so... But that's just my :2cents:

Comment

And it's true.

I hate when people say "Dude, this band sucks.... how can you listen to them?"

I'm on absolutepunk.com, and that line gets thrown around a lot.

If I like the sound, I like the sound. So what if their sound doesn't set them apart? Like really, who cares?

If people like how their music sounds, then that's it. Does a band HAVE to sound different from others to be unique and likeable? I don't think so... But that's just my :2cents:
                        You're absolutely correct. However, I am guilty of telling people there music sucks, simply because I don't like it. But really, who cares what I have to say? I have gotten better over time and don't do it as much, as I have grown to like a broader range of music.

Comment

Working...
                        X