Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs you're embarrassed to admit you like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannylee
    replied
    right some songs i find it hard to admit that i like include.

Avril Lavignes:whole first album
    SpiceGirls:viva forever
    Taylorswift with def leppard:lovestory(trust me this is bad for a metal fan)
    loads of chessy Jpop stuff mainly themes to anime
    Men at Work:downunder(just funny)
    REO Speedwagon:Take it on the run(scares me what parodies you could make from this)
    and last but not least.....WIERD AL YANKOVIC,i love this guy

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Another diverse music lover here... (seems to be a common trait in this thread). I'm not all that embarrassed to admit I like these, but I don't exactly advertise it either.

This could be a long, long list, but a few off the top of my head. Some of what you guys have already posted has jogged my memory and jerked at my heart strings.. sniff sniff.

Dixie Chicks - many of their songs - they're great musicians, and the fiddle player is hot.
    Avril Lavigne - "I'm with You" (a long, sad story involving the death of my metalhead friend's baby daughter)
    Jordis Unga from Rockstar INXS doing David Bowie's "Man Who Sold The World" - gives me chills.
    Donnie Osmond - "Any Dream Will Do" and many others from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
    Darryl Worley - "Awful, Beautiful Life" - even some of my country music loving friends don't like that song.
    MJ - "Man in the Mirror" - once would've been more embarrassed to admit it, but that's a great song.
    Air Supply - many songs, "Making Love Out of Nothing at all" included.
    Jason Mraz - "Curbside Prophet" - he's really grown up, but his early stuff is catchy-good too.
    Proclaimers - "500 Miles"
    Extreme - "More Than Words"
    Men Without Hats - "Safety Dance"
    Dexys Midnight Runners - "Come On Eileen"

Simple Minds, A-Ha, Doris Day, Ace of Base... sigh...

I could go on, but I feel some embarrassment coming on...
    I dig some Avril Lavigne songs for the sake of nostalgia considering I was a big fan when I was like 11 or 12. Safety Dance and Come on Eileen are awesome. Man in the Mirror is a great one too, and everybody loves that one A-Ha song and Ace of Base.

Most people I know know that I listen to pretty much everything, so I don't really get embarassed about it because nobody is really surprised.

Leave a comment:

• SheerCold
    replied
    I forgot about some JPop music I like to listen too.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I always skip over their songs if it's on shuffle if that makes it any better.
    Its all good !... no shame to my game .... 400 pounder YES.... tell you about it NO ....

Jonas Brothers ....

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryDean View Post

LULZ

I always skip over their songs if it's on shuffle if that makes it any better.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I have Lady Gaga,.
    Nothing wrg with that .... lady gaga is just that ....

some Jonas Brothers
    LULZ

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    I have Lady Gaga, some Jonas Brothers, and some Kpop artists on my Itunes which I could definitely see people going WTH about.

Leave a comment:

• SheerCold
    replied
    Right now, all's I can think of is..

Send me an angel - Real Life

This song had many covers.

Leave a comment:

• 80stheman
    replied
    That Extreme song is an awesome tune. And funny, I almost listed ABBA as well.

A really cool and interesting thread you have going here. It's interesting how some people are embarrassed to like other peoples favorite music; not surprising really, but definitely intriguing. This goes for music within the same genre too. I'm a huge reggae fan and generally like all the styles and sounds within the genre, but there's one artist I try not to mention much when I'm talking to other reggae fans; and that's Yellowman. He's a dancehall legend, but he's considered "slack" and a little too "dirty-minded" by many traditionalists. But, I love his sound and creativity on the mic.

Each to their own (and then some)...
    The way I look at it, music is music and every style has merit. I may not like a particular style, but someone does, and not everyone likes what I like. And within every style there can still be songs that I will like just because they're well written pieces of music. I don't dislike reggae, but I'm not that into it either, however I enjoy just about all of what I've heard of Bob Marley.

Life would be boring if everything was the same. Here's to diversity...

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
    Dude, Extreme was an awesome band, and More Than Words, is a great tune.

I haven't seen this band mentioned yet, and I have to say this is hard for me to admit, but...

ABBA has some really catchy songs. Fernando, Dancing Queen, Take a Chance On Me. They get my feet tapping.
    That Extreme song is an awesome tune. And funny, I almost listed ABBA as well.

A really cool and interesting thread you have going here. It's interesting how some people are embarrassed to like other peoples favorite music; not surprising really, but definitely intriguing. This goes for music within the same genre too. I'm a huge reggae fan and generally like all the styles and sounds within the genre, but there's one artist I try not to mention much when I'm talking to other reggae fans; and that's Yellowman. He's a dancehall legend, but he's considered "slack" and a little too "dirty-minded" by many traditionalists. But, I love his sound and creativity on the mic.

Each to their own (and then some)...

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1bwzZCik0

deaf dumb and thirty
    starting to deserve this
    leaning on my conscience wall
    blood is like wine
    unconscious all the time
    if i had it all again
    i'd change it all

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    Most Chicago songs
    John: "Hey, by the way nicky, check this out."

*plays ozzy song on vinyl backwards*

John: What's ozz trying to say there?

Nicky: "John, absolutely nothing. The blizzard always came straight with his messages. But wrap your heads around this gentleman. Chicago" *holds up chicago record*

*plays record backwards*

record: "I command you, in the name of Lucifer, to spread the blood of the innocent!"

Peter: "Oh my god, Chicago KICKS ASS! ahahaha"

But yeah, i'd probably say Blink 182 is kind of embarassing.

Leave a comment:

• 80stheman
    replied
    Another diverse music lover here... (seems to be a common trait in this thread). I'm not all that embarrassed to admit I like these, but I don't exactly advertise it either.

This could be a long, long list, but a few off the top of my head. Some of what you guys have already posted has jogged my memory and jerked at my heart strings.. sniff sniff.

Dixie Chicks - many of their songs - they're great musicians, and the fiddle player is hot.
    Avril Lavigne - "I'm with You" (a long, sad story involving the death of my metalhead friend's baby daughter)
    Jordis Unga from Rockstar INXS doing David Bowie's "Man Who Sold The World" - gives me chills.
    Donnie Osmond - "Any Dream Will Do" and many others from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
    Darryl Worley - "Awful, Beautiful Life" - even some of my country music loving friends don't like that song.
    MJ - "Man in the Mirror" - once would've been more embarrassed to admit it, but that's a great song.
    Jason Mraz - "Curbside Prophet" - he's really grown up, but his early stuff is catchy-good too.

Dude, Extreme was an awesome band, and More Than Words, is a great tune.

I haven't seen this band mentioned yet, and I have to say this is hard for me to admit, but...

ABBA has some really catchy songs. Fernando, Dancing Queen, Take a Chance On Me. They get my feet tapping. :dance:

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Broncbeat
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    I know I'll regret putting this on the Internet one day...

Mandy by Barry Manilow. Yeah, screw you too.

Also...

Angels Among Us (Alabama) - Reminds me of a girl.
    Superman (Five for Fighting) - I just love the song.
    Electric Blue (Icehouse) - Reminds me of a girl.
    Could Not Ask For More (Edwin McCain) - Reminds me of a girl.
    Keep Holding On (Avril Lavigne) - I have no good excuse.
    2AM (Anna Nalick) - She's hot. Come on...
    One Night in Bangkok (Murry Head) - It has an awesome beat.
    Crazy for this Girl (Evan and Jaron) - Reminds me of a girl.

And the list goes on and on...
    Mandy is a good song but thats one of mine as well

Any disco(which I love) also any BeeGee songs(60's as well)

Really it depends on who I'm around. I will not talk Country around metal heads but I will talk metal around Country fans. Wierd.

Osmond Brothers songs
    Musicals (singing in the rain, Sound of Music ect.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X