X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Most Hated Genres

http://monitordown.com/2009/05/22/to...-music-genres/

Pretty accurate IMO.

rap-rock and nu-metal are the same thing.

And nu-metal's worse then emo, country, adult contemporary, and techno? no way.
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Im glad they included smooth jazz.

Comment

yeah rap rock and nu metal are the same thing. in any case theres no frickin way nu metal is worse than pop punk and emo theres just no way

Comment

Emo is effing awesome! (at least the stuff made before the year 2000)

Take a look at two of the greatest emo bands of all time (Mineral and The Promise Ring), do they look emo to you?

It was those jackasses in Dashboard Confessional and My Chemical Romance who ruined the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
            rap-rock and nu-metal are the same thing.

And nu-metal's worse then emo, country, adult contemporary, and techno? no way.
            this is true...nu metal was actually okay until the early 2000s. Now it just sucks ass because it all sounds the same with their drop d guitar tunings. I'd add post-grungy alternative metal stuff though so it can include most modern rock music these days. It's bland, has the same old "i wanna be badass" guitar riff, some angsty lyrics about women or some **** (i don't listen to the lyrics). Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Hinder, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Theory of a Deadman, Daughtry, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach, Rev Theory, Saving Abel, Soil, Three Days Grace.

There's a bunch more but I don't know their names and I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the other bands they sound like.

Also where is DISCO, the worst thing to happen to music ever. Disco and techno are two genres that I almost can't stand. I like basically every other genre as long as it isn't generic and overdone, which everyone on that list is.

Comment

I agree for the most part. I cannot stand Pop-Punk, they shouldn't even have the word "punk" in there, because it isn't even close to real punk.

Btw, I don't really know what Adult Contempary and Smooth jazz is. Can someone give me an example.
              sigpic
              Props to Peerless^
              Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
              Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
              Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
              Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                this is true...nu metal was actually okay until the early 2000s. Now it just sucks ass because it all sounds the same with their drop d guitar tunings. I'd add post-grungy alternative metal stuff though so it can include most modern rock music these days. It's bland, has the same old "i wanna be badass" guitar riff, some angsty lyrics about women or some **** (i don't listen to the lyrics). Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Hinder, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Theory of a Deadman, Daughtry, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach, Rev Theory, Saving Abel, Soil, Three Days Grace.

There's a bunch more but I don't know their names and I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the other bands they sound like.

Also where is DISCO, the worst thing to happen to music ever. Disco and techno are two genres that I almost can't stand. I like basically every other genre as long as it isn't generic and overdone, which everyone on that list is.
                nickelback is anything but nu metal. hinder is just rock and Papa Roach used to be freakin awesome (their album Infest) but now their just gay. and as for the rest their just rock not even close to nu metal

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                  Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Hinder, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Theory of a Deadman, Daughtry, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach, Rev Theory, Saving Abel, Soil, Three Days Grace.
                  I have no idea what your definition of "nu-metal" is if you include 3 Doors Down and Theory Of A Deadman. They're not metal at all. They're just rock. I don't even know if Daughtry counts as rock...probably does.
                  sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SheerCold View Post
                    I agree for the most part. I cannot stand Pop-Punk, they shouldn't even have the word "punk" in there, because it isn't even close to real punk.

Btw, I don't really know what Adult Contempary and Smooth jazz is. Can someone give me an example.
                    Elevator music

Comment

Linked in the comments section...

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
                        It was those jackasses in Dashboard Confessional and My Chemical Romance who ruined the genre.
                        MCR emo wut wut wut????

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
                          Emo is effing awesome! (at least the stuff made before the year 2000)

Take a look at two of the greatest emo bands of all time (Mineral and The Promise Ring), do they look emo to you?

Dashboard was awesome until the stopped being accoustic. Chris caraba was also awesome as the lead singer of Further Seems Forever. Other than dashboard I pretty much think emo is just meh.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Dashboard was awesome until the stopped being accoustic. Chris caraba was also awesome as the lead singer of Further Seems Forever. Other than dashboard I pretty much think emo is just meh.
                            Yes indeed, I loved Caraba in FSF!

The second singer of FSF (Jason Gleason) was really, really good too.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                              nickelback is anything but nu metal. hinder is just rock and Papa Roach used to be freakin awesome (their album Infest) but now their just gay. and as for the rest their just rock not even close to nu metal
                              I said Nickelback was post-grunge, not nu-metal. Hinder is in the same category i'd say. Papa Roach had a few good songs but then they started to suck.

I have no idea what your definition of "nu-metal" is if you include 3 Doors Down and Theory Of A Deadman. They're not metal at all. They're just rock. I don't even know if Daughtry counts as rock...probably does.
                              I said they were post-grunge, not nu-metal. Daughtry is in the same category as them though with their radio friendly soft grunge. And nu-metal is more rock than metal anyways. If you think Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed (more metal than the others mentioned but still too rock sounding to be considered metal by me), Puddle of Mudd, Trapt are metal, then you might want to research metal.

I like Smooth Jazz though, it's nice and soothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X