Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Most Hated Genres

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Dashboard was awesome until the stopped being accoustic. Chris caraba was also awesome as the lead singer of Further Seems Forever. Other than dashboard I pretty much think emo is just meh.
    I agree. I still think Dashboard is pretty good, I just have to watch where I admit that.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by aberdien View Post
      I said Nickelback was post-grunge, not nu-metal. Hinder is in the same category i'd say. Papa Roach had a few good songs but then they started to suck.



      I said they were post-grunge, not nu-metal. Daughtry is in the same category as them though with their radio friendly soft grunge. And nu-metal is more rock than metal anyways. If you think Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed (more metal than the others mentioned but still too rock sounding to be considered metal by me), Puddle of Mudd, Trapt are metal, then you might want to research metal.


      I like Smooth Jazz though, it's nice and soothing.
      Smooth jazz is just everything that jazz was not mean to be. The appeal of jazz is the dissident, often strange chord changes and robotic melodies.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by aberdien View Post
        I said they were post-grunge, not nu-metal. Daughtry is in the same category as them though with their radio friendly soft grunge. And nu-metal is more rock than metal anyways. If you think Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed (more metal than the others mentioned but still too rock sounding to be considered metal by me), Puddle of Mudd, Trapt are metal, then you might want to research metal.
        Maybe because I listen to bands like Children Of Bodom, Slayer, In Flames, Black Dahlia Murder and such...maybe my definition of metal is a bit skewed. I would never...as in never have, never will...call a band like Puddle Of Mudd or Trapt metal. They are hard rock. Korn, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed, Linkin Park...that junk goes into the nu-metal category.
        sigpic

        Supporting McD since 2009.

        Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

        Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

        Comment


        • #19
          Honestly, I don't even consider nu-metal a genre. To me it's either metal or it's rock, and 99% of what you would consider nu-metal, i consider rock. Slipknot's first 2 albums and mudvayne's first 2 albums are the only nu-metal i would consider metal. Everything else is rock.
          the space that is mine



          We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sneakers View Post
            Emo is effing awesome! (at least the stuff made before the year 2000)


            Take a look at two of the greatest emo bands of all time (Mineral and The Promise Ring), do they look emo to you?

            It was those jackasses in Dashboard Confessional and My Chemical Romance who ruined the genre.

            I don't know....the two dudes on the right look kinda gay.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
              Honestly, I don't even consider nu-metal a genre. To me it's either metal or it's rock, and 99% of what you would consider nu-metal, i consider rock. Slipknot's first 2 albums and mudvayne's first 2 albums are the only nu-metal i would consider metal. Everything else is rock.
              This was basically what I was trying to say, haha.

              Smooth jazz is just everything that jazz was not mean to be. The appeal of jazz is the dissident, often strange chord changes and robotic melodies.
              Yeah, but that's why it's called smooth jazz. Which come to think of it your right, it should be called smooth jam or something because it's not very jazzy at all.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                I don't know....the two dudes on the right look kinda gay.
                HAHA! What's wrong with being a gay person?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
                  Honestly, I don't even consider nu-metal a genre. To me it's either metal or it's rock, and 99% of what you would consider nu-metal, i consider rock. Slipknot's first 2 albums and mudvayne's first 2 albums are the only nu-metal i would consider metal. Everything else is rock.
                  all that remains?
                  Glen Haven Fire

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    all that remains?
                    They're metalcore.
                    sigpic

                    Supporting McD since 2009.

                    Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

                    Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                      They're metalcore.
                      lol i knew there was a reason why I didnt pay attention to genre's.

                      so i also want to know if theres rough jazz and what it would consist of
                      Glen Haven Fire

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        lol i knew there was a reason why I didnt pay attention to genre's.

                        so i also want to know if theres rough jazz and what it would consist of
                        You too? I do like "Acid Jazz", but what I'm really waiting for is the arrival (and acceptance as a legitimate genre) of "Emo Jesus Gangsta Metal". That stuff kicks ass!!!
                        Winter is Coming!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                          You too? I do like "Acid Jazz", but what I'm really waiting for is the arrival (and acceptance as a legitimate genre) of "Emo Jesus Gangsta Metal". That stuff kicks ass!!!
                          so many genres rolled together, how can you go wrong?


                          lol like easy listening genre, what would hard listening consist of? A deaf person listening to metal?
                          Glen Haven Fire

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X