Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books are you reading now? / What are your favorite books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It's the top selling book in the history of the world, and I love it! I read it every day.
    good choice Al. if i count that, then that's my favorite...or to be more concise, Revelation and Psalms are my favorites, with the story of David in there as well.

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Man, I have a whole bunch of favorite books. I'll list as many as I can off the top of my head.

The Memoirs of Catherine the Great
    De Vita Caesarum (The Lives of the Caesars) by Seutonius
    Commentarii de Bello Gallico and Commentarii de Bello Civili by Caesar
    The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon
    H.P. Lovecraft (entire collection)
    Edgar Allan Poe (entire collection)
    William Shakespeare (entire collection)
    Rasputin: The Saint Who Sinned
    Rasputin: The Man Behind the Myth by Matryona Grigorievna Rasputina (Rasputin's Daughter)
    The Time of Troubles: A Historical Study of the Internal Crises and Social Struggle in Sixteenth- and Seventeenth-Century Muscovy

as well as numerous books of a political nature (which I am not going to post).

Right now though, I'm not reading anything
    I love Roman history. I may have to check those out. If you want some good Roman fiction, read The Emperor series by Conn Iguldon. They're awesome. I still have to finish them actually, but they're about Julius Caesar.

and I have both Poe and Shakespeare's complete works. They too are pure awesomeness!

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
    The Giver is my favorite.

Animal Farm is also brilliant.
    ugh, i couldn't stand The Giver... I don't know why... I hated having to read that in school. It was just very dumb to me, but that was in 8th grade a long time ago.

Okay now:

My favorites include anything by Michael Crichton and I'm so sad he's gone, but we get two more posthumous books from him so I'm excited.

For sci-fi or space opera fans you should read Peter F. Hamilton's The Night's Dawn trilogy. Right now I'm reading The Reality Dysfunction and it's bloody amazing.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

OMG I just remembered the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.

Those books really sparked my interest in reading when I was in middle school.

Anyone else read those? I grew out of them fairly quickly but they were really great reads especially in the summer time when I had nothing to do.
      A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
      X