X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Last weeks was about a Marine about to ship off to Iraq that stole Rists identity and started helping people with his credit card because he thought he was going to die. So Rist went to San Diego to find whoever was using his credit card. A lot different then the episodes in war zones and what not.
    that's the episode i saw hahahaha.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    yeah.... i guess he can keep getting himself into situations... i've only seen one episode. i like the actor and such... so we'll see.
    Last weeks was about a Marine about to ship off to Iraq that stole Rists identity and started helping people with his credit card because he thought he was going to die. So Rist went to San Diego to find whoever was using his credit card. A lot different then the episodes in war zones and what not.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    You also said you dont know how itll last haha.
    I can easily see it lasting, especially how My Name is Earl lasted so long.

Its very original though, and so far the plot has been really diverse. I mean last weeks show was entirely different then the week before.
    yeah.... i guess he can keep getting himself into situations... i've only seen one episode. i like the actor and such... so we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    yeah i mentioned this one as one of the few shows that actually looks like a neat show..
    You also said you dont know how itll last haha.
    I can easily see it lasting, especially how My Name is Earl lasted so long.

Its very original though, and so far the plot has been really diverse. I mean last weeks show was entirely different then the week before.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Did you just make that all up?
    no i had to write it all out before i pitched it to them...

(but really it's true).

Thats why you should check out the The Philanthropist -great show.
    yeah i mentioned this one as one of the few shows that actually looks like a neat show.

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Missed that one.

Will have to check it out.
    it's a crime he didn't get nominated for an Oscar for it.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Tim Roth is awesome. Did you see Youth Without Youth?
    Missed that one.

Will have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Sportscenter, Scrubs, SouthPark, and Family Guy are all I need. CSI is good too.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Thats why you should check out the The Philanthropist -great show.

Leave a comment:

• licence_to_kill
    replied
    LOST=good marketing and "string-alongs" and nothing more... heh.

i dunno. i have a few buddies that are die hard LOST fans and i'm like: "you know it's just a giant ratings ploy right? that's how Abrams nabbed so many people to watch Cloverfield, by showing you glimpses but nothing more...and then you are left wanting more..."

*shrugs*

but at least it's well filmed and original.
    Did you just make that all up?

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Only ones I watch are CSI, The Mentalist, and Lie To Me.

I started watching Lie To Me because Tim Roth is one of my favorite actors. Decent show, IMHO.
    Tim Roth is awesome. Did you see Youth Without Youth?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Only ones I watch are CSI, The Mentalist, and Lie To Me.

I started watching Lie To Me because Tim Roth is one of my favorite actors. Decent show, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    There's always lost. It will save us all.
    LOST=good marketing and "string-alongs" and nothing more... heh.

i dunno. i have a few buddies that are die hard LOST fans and i'm like: "you know it's just a giant ratings ploy right? that's how Abrams nabbed so many people to watch Cloverfield, by showing you glimpses but nothing more...and then you are left wanting more..."

*shrugs*

but at least it's well filmed and original.

Leave a comment:

• licence_to_kill
    replied
    There's always lost. It will save us all.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    just like that Trauma show or whatever. Don't try to be E.R. a-holes. You won't succeed. Chicago Hope couldn't do it and neither could any other medical drama afterward. your whole attention-getter is the helicopter slamming into the building and then i know the rest of your show will suck and will just get canceled next season.

small note on My Name is Earl. I hated that show. I can't believe it lasted this long, but that's just me....

it's just a matter of time before the Heroes fall. Probably to another reality cooking show or who can gain the most weight the quickest or some damn thing.

and what's with the silly names? The Closer, The Mentalist (or whatever the hell it is), The Philanthropist (actually that one doesn't seem too bad but I don't see how they're going to carry that show very far), Medium.. lol good grief who thinks of these titles? Come on!!! You already half-assed the plot of your show and you are basically just re-casting CSI over there or whatever.

if they're going to come out with another crime drama it'd be awesome if it was detective noir style... the trench coat and fedora and everything... maybe not black and white so much but that type of writing etc... that could be interesting but probably get canceled because too many people are glued to "I'm a Fatass Who Wouldn't Lose Weight If I Weren't On T.V."

i dunno. t.v. pretty much blows chunks these days and the sad thing is that film isn't much better. it's like the entertainment industry went: "Let's just make a bunch of cookie-cutter shows and movies and that way idiots won't have to think or anything but they'll pay the money to watch them.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    This is one of the reasons why I don't watch much network TV. Television is definitely being made for the lowest common denominator. I feel the better shows are on HBO, Showtime, A&E etc. It sucks that reruns of Seinfeld are better and funnier than anything on network TV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X