Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    I feel Conan and Letterman were both better following Carson/Leno. Once they moved into the after news spot, their shows got waaaaay too family friendly and lost some of their edge. I used to Tivo Conan and watch it daily but since he moved I have only watched a couple of shows. I think he will revert back once he has been there a while. Fallon's show is okay considering how green he is. I will give him a pass bcause Conan and Letterman were horrible when they first started.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    hmm. well it seems i overlooked your thread from yesterday. perhaps someone could merge?

anyway i agree. Fallon's monologue sucks and it's dry... you can tell he's just staring at the prompter...

did you watch Conan tonight?

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    Conan is the best, he's WAY better at Late Night than the Tonight Show for sure. He's the guy for the nerds that stay up too late. But he's still good on the Tonight Show.

Jimmy Fallon is a terrible late night host. His monologue is terrible. His interviews are getting less and less bad every time though which is good. And he has The Roots. But his monologue still sucks, I only watch his show for the people that come on it.

If anything Fallon should be on the Tonight Show and Conan should've gone back to Late Night. Conan's material and style of humor is too unorthodox for the Tonight Show.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    Conan is my hero. I liked Leno's soft kinda family friendly show every once in a while, but nothing beats Conan. He's not as badass as he was when he did Late Night. But it's still hella good. I miss Late Night, Andy Richter is a crappy announcer and isn't funny.

Jimmy Fallon has the worst monologue in the history of the world, every single day. He's not the right type to be a late night host.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    The Tonight Show

so much better with Conan than Leno ever was.

i've been watching it a lot this week and I was always waiting for Leno to be over so i could watch Conan instead... now i don't have to.

Leno just wasn't funny, maybe it was the writers, or the way he delivered or his monologue took up half of his show, i don't know... but Conan is much more funny to me. I like the fact that he's able to make fun of himself and he can admit when a joke fails and somehow turns it around.

plus he's Irish, that helps. i don't like Max Weinberg though and I don't know why... *shrugs* oh well.

the only thing Leno had was Headlines and some of the stuff where he'd go on the street and ask people easy questions.

who do/did you like better? and of course no one can beat Carson, and i'm not talking about Carson Daley either...

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Conan seems to have lost some edge since the move. His new time slot is a very different viewer so maybe he is playing it safe. But, I do like Fallon. I think in time he can become a real good late night guy. The Roots are a good band to have. Conan might be doomed to live n the Carson/Leno shadow.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    I used to like Conan, but is it just me or does he kind of seem like an arogant J.A. most the time?

Leave a comment:

• licence_to_kill
    replied
    Conan's humour doesn't fit the tonight show.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Don't care for it.

I occasionally watch Letterman now.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Conan O'Brien is unfit for the legacy of the Tonight Show.

They screwed up years ago when they didn't take Letterman. Now all Letterman has done is beat them over the head with ratings. They made a bad decision a long time ago, and this is another step the wrong direction. I like Conan, don't get me wrong. He's just not up to the legacy of the Tonight Show.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    started a topic The Tonight Show with Conan Obrien

The Tonight Show with Conan Obrien

What do you guys think of the new host? I loved his old show but am starting to like jimmy fallon more, and i cant wait for lenos show. but i do really like conan still
Working...
X