Favorite actors that don't get credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite actors that don't get credit

what i mean by that title is they should win more awards or get nominated for more awards

1. Edward Norton - This guy is in alot of my favorite movies like American History X , Primal Fear , Red Dragon , The Incredible Hulk . ETC

he was nominated in back to back years one for best Supporting Actor (Primal Fear 1998) then for Best Actor (American History X 1999) and in Red Dragon he was awesome Vs. Anthony Hopkins

2. Morgan Freeman - one of the Funniest and best Actors out there and he's never had a lead role ? why and he's in alot of my favorite movies as well like The Shawshank Redemption , Kiss The Girls , Bruce Almighty , Evan Almighty, Batman Begins & The Dark Knight

3. Christian Bale - another great Actor (an ass ? maybe) but still a great actor and one of the best to dawn the Bat suit and i really like him in American Psycho as well as Rescue Dawn Terminator Salvation was alright

4. Steve Zahn -he's another good actor who doesn't get the credit for their roles either like in Joy Ride alot of my friends like Paul Walker better which is fine he's good to but i like Steve Zahn more

5. Berry Pepper - one of my favorites he's in alot of my favorite movies i like Saving Private Ryan and knock around guys ... to many of his to count

6. Tobin Bell - i know all he's done is Saw and Boogey Man 3 (i never saw that) but to play a guy like Jigsaw the way he does really impresses me and i'm a Huge fan of his and the Saw franchise i can't wait for 6 (but i hope that's the end)

that's all i got for now so post your favorites and why they are your favorites ... ENJOY

Colin Ferrel
    Edward Norton
    Mark Wahlberg

I'll post more later, since I can't think of any right now..
    sigpic
    Props to Peerless^
    Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
    Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
    Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
    Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Giovanni Ribisi
      sigpic

Comment

Donnie Wahlburg

Jared Leto

Ray Liotta

Daniel Day Lewis

Comment

Bruce Campbell
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
            what i mean by that title is they should win more awards or get nominated for more awards

1. Edward Norton - This guy is in alot of my favorite movies like American History X , Primal Fear , Red Dragon , The Incredible Hulk . ETC

he was nominated in back to back years one for best Supporting Actor (Primal Fear 1998) then for Best Actor (American History X 1999) and in Red Dragon he was awesome Vs. Anthony Hopkins
            he has only been nominated for an Oscar twice and it was '97 and '99. Norton rules. I think maybe he should've been nominated for Fight Club, but about Red Dragon, he should've gotten nominated, however Fiennes was brilliant as well.

2. Morgan Freeman - one of the Funniest and best Actors out there and he's never had a lead role ? why and he's in alot of my favorite movies as well like The Shawshank Redemption , Kiss The Girls , Bruce Almighty , Evan Almighty, Batman Begins & The Dark Knight
            i think he gets his dues. he's won plenty of awards, including an Oscar (with 3 additional nominations).

3. Christian Bale - another great Actor (an ass ? maybe) but still a great actor and one of the best to dawn the Bat suit and i really like him in American Psycho as well as Rescue Dawn Terminator Salvation was alright
            this is one that i would agree with. it's robbery he wasn't even nominated for an Oscar in American Psycho. Also he should've been nominated for Harsh Times as well, and maybe even The Machinist and Rescue Dawn.

5. Berry Pepper - one of my favorites he's in alot of my favorite movies i like Saving Private Ryan and knock around guys ... to many of his to count
            this guy is very overlooked. He's got great talent. He was awesome in SPR. He was even good in Seven Pounds and he wasn't in it much. Others of his: The Green Mile, We Were Soldiers, he was perfect as Dale Earnhardt even.

6. Tobin Bell - i know all he's done is Saw and Boogey Man 3 (i never saw that) but to play a guy like Jigsaw the way he does really impresses me and i'm a Huge fan of his and the Saw franchise i can't wait for 6 (but i hope that's the end)
            i think it's funny that he plays the long-haired hippy record store guy in that episode of Seinfeld where they try to pawn that old guy's record collection.

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
            Giovanni Ribisi
            Ribisi is one of my favorites... he is very good. another great performance given in SPR was by him.

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
            Daniel Day Lewis
            ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

you're talking about the Daniel Day-Lewis that owns everyone he's onscreen with right? the only wrong-doing is that he's 2-2 at the Oscars...

he's definitely not suffering from an award famine for sure...
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Steven Dorff - is another guy who desn't get the credit he deserves i really like him in the movie felon as well as Cold Creek Manor he is pretty good in Public Enemies as well

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

you're talking about the Daniel Day-Lewis that owns everyone he's onscreen with right? the only wrong-doing is that he's 2-2 at the Oscars...

he's definitely not suffering from an award famine for sure...
                You tell me how many movies this guy is in. A lot of people barely know him. Sorry I don't waste my time watching the Oscars either I'm just saying based off what I've seen he is underrated.

Comment

Michael Madsen,Christian Slater
                  :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                    You tell me how many movies this guy is in. A lot of people barely know him. Sorry I don't waste my time watching the Oscars either I'm just saying based off what I've seen he is underrated.
                    he's definitely not underrated. maybe a few years ago you could make this comment, but even then he was getting his dues and like i said, he's won so many awards outside of the Oscars it's ridiculous.

not a lot of people know him because most people spend their time watching drivel like Fast and Furious or whatever instead of good stuff (you excluded, obviously).

He started getting his recognition when he won the Oscar for My Left Foot and since then Hollywood has pretty much been all over him. He doesn't make very many movies because he refuses to accept rolls that he doesn't have ample time to prepare for as a method actor.

he's arguably the greatest actor of our time and don't be surprised if everything he makes from now on either gets a golden globe nomination at least if not an Oscar...

he may not be well known by the public, but you mention his name in a meeting of who you want to play lead roll and studio execs salivate.
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

chiwetel ejiofor
                      armand assante
                      eric roberts

Comment

Hiroyuki Sanada (the next Toshiro Mifune)

Steve Buscemi

Daniel Craig (for movies like Road To Perdition and The Jacket)
                        sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Most of the actors I like get credit as good actors.

My favorite actors:

1- Dennis Hopper
                          2- Gary Oldman
                          3- Bruce Campbell
                          4- Brad Dourif
                          5- Daniel Day Lewis
                          5- Kevin J. O'Connor
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Charles Dutton - is another good actor i liked him in Gothica and a Time to Kill

Timmothy Hutton - is another good actor he plays in the Dark Half (which is my favorite book by Stephen King) as well as Secret Window in both of those movies he did a really good job

Comment

Bugs Bunny
                              Elmer Fudd
                              Pepe La Pew
                              Speedie Gonzales
                              Daffy Duck
                              Porky Pig
                              Tweety
                              Road Runner
                              Wile E. Coyote
                              Last edited by Broncbeat; 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X