Favorite actors that don't get credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    Blood Diamond was incredible. He was nominated for What's Eating Gilbert Grape and The Aviator as well. which was when he was still hella young. He should've been nominated for The Departed...
    DiCaprio was great in Blood Diamond and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Speaking of WEGG, how about Johnny Depp? Does anyone think he gets enough recognition? I think he's one of the best actors around.

One of my favorite actors that nobody ever seems to talk about was Robert Shaw. He was in dozens of films (and he was an author), but his most memorable role was Quint in Jaws. He wrote the soliloquy about the USS Indianapolis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nrvMNf-HEg - and it's one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.
    sigpic

Comment

Tim Robbins. Aside from shawshank redemption, he's done quality work in other films and can portray any kind of role. He was creepy in arlington road, funny in hudsucker proxy and austin powers. Not to mention that bizzare role he portrayed in war of the worlds.

Kevin Bacon. Another quality actor who can portray a range of roles. hollowman, the river wild, death sentence, mystic river,

Val kilmer. He should've gotten a best supporting actor nod for tombstone. He was good in heat although he was overshadowed by deniro and pacino. Very good in ghost and the darkness, an underrated film i might add. And he portrayed jim morrison pretty well also.

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
        DiCaprio was great in Blood Diamond and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Speaking of WEGG, how about Johnny Depp? Does anyone think he gets enough recognition? I think he's one of the best actors around.
        Depp has been nominated for alot of awards but has only won a couple I think. He may not get the recognition award wise but I think he definitely does when it comes to what fans think of him and such.
        sigpic

Comment

Depp is HIGHLY OVERRATED IMO ...

Val Kilmer - is one of the best Actors who never gets anykind of credit he was awesome in The Ghost and Darkness, The Saint, Batman Forever , he had a small role in The Missing which was alright but i think one of his best films is called Felon he was great

Will Farell - yeah he's really funny but if you've seen Stranger then fiction then you can see how good of an actor he really is but he plays alot of stupid roles and get type casted as a dumbass

Matt Damon - he's awesome i really liked him in Goodwill Hunting he was amazing and he's pretty good in the Bourne movies

Comment

One of my favorite actors that nobody ever seems to talk about was Robert Shaw. He was in dozens of films (and he was an author), but his most memorable role was Quint in Jaws. He wrote the soliloquy about the USS Indianapolis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nrvMNf-HEg - and it's one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.
            Robert Shaw was the man.

He gives such a great performance in The Sting. And we can't forget he was a Bond villain in From Russia With Love.:salute!:
            sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Rutger Hauer- blade runner, hitcher, blind fury, nighthawks.

Christopher Walken- a view to a kill, biloxi blues, batman returns, true romance, at close range.
              Last edited by Tony; 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Leonardo DiCaprio.

This guy is a good actor... not good, but GREAT, and has never won an Oscar. Look at some of the movies that he's been in:

Titanic, Catch Me If You Can, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, Blood Diamond, The Departed.

He's been absolutely incredible with the roles he's played in these movies...

It's strange that he's never won an Oscar. I truly thought he got shafted from Blood Diamond. His accent and role was probably my favorite.
                I wouldnt consider Dicaprio to be underappreciated. He is one of the top movie stars in the world. He is guranteed cash at the box office and has overtaken Deniro as Scorese's go to actor.

I think he is well appreciated. Not having won an Oscar doesnt make one underappreciated.
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Depp is the man dude. He can pretty much play anyone. And even though Secret Window sucked, his performance was great, as it is in pretty much everything. He was awesome in Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                  Tim Robbins. Aside from shawshank redemption, he's done quality work in other films and can portray any kind of role. He was creepy in arlington road, funny in hudsucker proxy and austin powers. Not to mention that bizzare role he portrayed in war of the worlds.

Kevin Bacon. Another quality actor who can portray a range of roles. hollowman, the river wild, death sentence, mystic river,

Val kilmer. He should've gotten a best supporting actor nod for tombstone. He was good in heat although he was overshadowed by deniro and pacino. Very good in ghost and the darkness, an underrated film i might add. And he portrayed jim morrison pretty well also.
                  WRONG. Kilmer should have not only gotten the nod, but WON that Oscar. Greatest crime in the history of the Oscars I think (or one of... maybe not greatest....but certainly was that year).

He's awesome as a small role actor that just ...shows up out of nowhere and you don't even realize he was in the movie and then he's the only part you remember afterward.

I loved Ghost and the Darkness. That movie was all around just great. Good score, great cinematography, acting, action, suspense... and yeah, no one really knows it.

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                  Rutger Hauer- blade runner, hitcher, blind fury, nighthawks.

Christopher Walken- a view to a kill, biloxi blues, batman returns, true romance, at close range.
                  His very small role in True Romance was one of the coolest scenes of all time lol. "I'm in a vendetta kinda mood" haha. also Kilmer was in it!
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

the least recognized actors are brad pitt and george clooney. jk
                    sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

I think Gene Hackman is pretty underrated. He's real solid in all of his films.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                        I wouldnt consider Dicaprio to be underappreciated. He is one of the top movie stars in the world. He is guranteed cash at the box office and has overtaken Deniro as Scorese's go to actor.

I think he is well appreciated. Not having won an Oscar doesnt make one underappreciated.
                        I thought dicaprio held his own pretty well in the quick and the dead along w/crowe, hackman and stone. Not to mention his performance in romeo and juliet.

Comment

i wouldn't say that i like Dicaprio but he has done some good films in his day i really liked him in Catch Me If You Can , the beach was horrible Gangs of New York was boring

another guy i really like is Sam Rockwell - he played a con man with Nicholas Cage in matchstick men (one of my favorites) i think he's very underrated

Shia Lebouf - is one of the best young actors out there and he doesn't get alot of attention (i know he's popular now) but besides Transformers he has some awesome movies and made for T.V. movies like he did one for Disney Channel called : Tru confessions where he played a handicap child and was pretty damn good ... not to mention he gets to make out with Meagan Fox !!

Wesley Snipes - i know he was mentioned already but i mean the dude is pretty good i've heard that when he's on the set for a movie like Blade or something he doesn't even answer to Wesley he answers to Blade or whatever he's playing i also liked him in a movie called Undisputed where he was a prisoner who is also a boxer and he and Ving Rhymes fight (rhymes is a good actor as well)

Comment

Sean Bean I think is a terrific actor. Doesnt get the recognition

BTW someone should sticky this thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X