Are Horror Movies Scary Anymore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Horror Movies Scary Anymore ?

ever since i was a little kid i've loved Horror movies cause they scared the #$%^ out of me ... but now they're just kind of lame ...

like Saw even thought i love these movies and i cant wait for the sixth to come out in October but those movies arent scary they just have a lot of gore and now nudity but they do teach a lesson ( to me a least) and that would be if you think your lifes bad ... it could be alot worse .

or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes and again i Love these movies but again they don't scare me like they used to and i've seen alot of the old "Scary" movies that would keep people up for nights like The Exorcist and a Nightmare On Elm Street and those movies sucked they were boring and had horrible acting

i just want the good horror movies back and this year they have Halloween 2 and Saw VI coming out soon i did think they did a good job with the Unborn but other then that i've been disapointed again .

i like Rob Zombies versions of Halloween better then the originals because of the back ground story make the Killer seem real un like in the originals were he just started killing and is immortal ? i still don't like that and the new Friday the 13th ... CRAP

They're more funny than scary. Ideally, you'd be scared of the chainsaw-wielding maniac chasing someone down the street. Now it's just funny to watch.

To compensate, the movies have become gorier, which doesn't really make them scarier...just funnier (or sicker, depending on the person).

I just think of the end of Hostel Part II. I was laughing. You can't take that kind of stuff seriously.

But some girls do...and that makes it all better.
    sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

I just think they're hilarious. I watch one whenever I need a good laugh.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think people even make proper horror movies anymore. They always try to make them artsy or like a dark comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Hardwick View Post
          I don't think people even make proper horror movies anymore. They always try to make them artsy or like a dark comedy.
          I like what Rob Zombie did with Halloween, and I look forward to the sequel. But even still, not very scary. More like a sadistic action movie.
          sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

I think horror movies are less scary the older you get. I've always been a fan of a good zombie movie, they always give me a good scare.

I really hope George Romero is working on another zombie film as Diary of the Dead was crap. Land of the Dead was pretty awesome though

Comment

Rob Zombies remake of halloween is really the only good horror movie that's came out in years IMO.

The only horror movie that's ever scared me was the exorcist, and that's only because i was like 5 when i watched it.
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

For me they are. I get nightmares VERY easy. I also feel "evilness" coming from them.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

If you want to see a good scary movie of recent then go see Drag Me To Hell. It wasn't SCARY per say but it was still a very very good horror movie made by the one and only Sam Raime who made the Evil Dead series.

Comment

Go rent Army of Darkness. Thats the stuff you want for a scare right there.

Comment

I thought the Thirteenth floor was a pretty good horror flick. Also a little known movie called Session 9 is badass so is May. Those last two fall into the "artsy" category but they are both sufficiently creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                        Go rent Army of Darkness. Thats the stuff you want for a scare right there.
                        Are you serious?

Comment

i agree...however go watch a haunting in Connecticut....its kinda scary....not a funny horror movie like Friday the 13(which sucks)

Comment

you also have to take into account that society is alot more evil these days, making anything you see in a horror movie, kinda lose it's shock

we're desensitized to violence in alot of cases
                            sigpic

Comment

Honestly, Horror movies make me giggle. Just flat out GIGGLE. It's funny, while watching such movies with women "girlfriends..etc" They jump. and it's even funnier, and they get mad at you for laughing at them. but they won't let go of your arm no matter how mad they are
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X