No announcement yet.

Are Horror Movies Scary Anymore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Exorcist was the only movie that scared the living Hell out of me .

"January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Anymore, they try to "scare" the audience with gore or shock, like startling you with someone/something jumping out from behind a door. To me a good scare is when you know something bad is about to happen but you can't see the boogie-man/monster/zombie/bug, and the suspense builds and builds and you know it's coming you just don't know when or where...

Suspense and leaving something to the audience's imagination is what makes movies scary. Alien scared the bejeebers out of me the first time I saw it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
        Anymore, they try to "scare" the audience with gore or shock, like startling you with someone/something jumping out from behind a door. To me a good scare is when you know something bad is about to happen but you can't see the boogie-man/monster/zombie/bug, and the suspense builds and builds and you know it's coming you just don't know when or where...

Suspense and leaving something to the audience's imagination is what makes movies scary. Alien scared the bejeebers out of me the first time I saw it.
        the movie might have been lame as hell, but i had nightmares about Tremors for weeks after i saw that movie. my room was in the basement so i was like too afraid to move around in bed because i thought they might come through the wall and eat me.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
        X