No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Cameron's latest endeavor.

i'm not sure what to think after all the hype and finally seeing the trailer... doesn't look like they really needed to "invent" new technology to make this....

also it better have a plot or this is just one big fat giant: "i'm james cameron and i take forever to make a movie now because whatever special effects you used, i have better."
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I can say that after seeing the trailer, my enthusiasm about this movie has dwindled a little. It looks a lot like one of the last Star Wars movies, which isn't a good thing.

But I've been wrong about Cameron before. Of course I'll see it, but there had better be something here that the first trailer isn't showing.
    sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
      I can say that after seeing the trailer, my enthusiasm about this movie has dwindled a little. It looks a lot like one of the last Star Wars movies, which isn't a good thing.

But I've been wrong about Cameron before. Of course I'll see it, but there had better be something here that the first trailer isn't showing.
      yeah once i saw the trailer i thought: "well i figured the hype would be blown out of proportion on this one..."

the thing is, people are going to swarm to this and then probably complain afterwards that it sucked, but it'll just be like the people that were expecting cinema history with Cloverfield. lol
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like it has the potential to be epic.

...and it's James Cameron's baby. If this movie flops, we'll never see him again.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Looks like it has the potential to be epic.

...and it's James Cameron's baby. If this movie flops, we'll never see him again.
          we haven't seen him in 11 years anyway...

but it won't flop just because it's directed by him. and people have been waiting. he will make his money back without any problems for sure...

now whether or not the public thinks he's worthy of making it back is different.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            we haven't seen him in 11 years anyway...

but it won't flop just because it's directed by him. and people have been waiting. he will make his money back without any problems for sure...

now whether or not the public thinks he's worthy of making it back is different.
            Well, I don't think it'll flop specifically because of HIM, or even at all for that matter. I watched the trailer a second time, and I think it's gonna be a good piece of art.

I really cant wait to see it now...
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Well, I don't think it'll flop specifically because of HIM, or even at all for that matter. I watched the trailer a second time, and I think it's gonna be a good piece of art.

I really cant wait to see it now...
              exactly. it will not fail simply because Cameron's name is on it and for that reason alone, people will flock in droves to see this movie. so it won't flop even if it sucks, kinda like Titanic.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree with all that was said...though I think it will be good i don't think it is worth being in 3D at IMAX when it is going to be over 3 hours long and IMAX platters can only hold 2 hours 45 minutes. That being said there is going to be an intermission during this movie that will cause IMAX projectionists like myself to have to move to big movies off the platter system and move two more back on then thread the movie up for part two as fast as possible. All IMAX projectionists that still have film are going to hate him for that very reason........
                sigpic
                sig by RealBronco

Comment

Originally posted by Scifi Packer View Post
                  I agree with all that was said...though I think it will be good i don't think it is worth being in 3D at IMAX when it is going to be over 3 hours long and IMAX platters can only hold 2 hours 45 minutes. That being said there is going to be an intermission during this movie that will cause IMAX projectionists like myself to have to move to big movies off the platter system and move two more back on then thread the movie up for part two as fast as possible. All IMAX projectionists that still have film are going to hate him for that very reason........
                  yeah. a lot of movies don't really deserve to be 3D or even IMAX. our current hassle is an example.

and the change-up and re-thread is going to suck. they need to just give us bigger platters again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                    yeah. a lot of movies don't really deserve to be 3D or even IMAX. our current hassle is an example.

and the change-up and re-thread is going to suck. they need to just give us bigger platters again.
                    yes they do...cloudy with a chance of meatballs, where the wild things are...not really IMAX worthy...Dark Knight, Transformers...good action movies like those are good for IMAX...seeing a higher quality boring movie is still a boring movie...lol
                    sigpic
                    sig by RealBronco

Comment

Working...
                    X