Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire movies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vampire movies



    Can someone explain to me this current fad that is utterly obsessed with vampires?

    At the movies tonight, I saw two previews for vampire movies, neither of which have anything to do with that Twilight dreck. One was about harvesting humans or something, and the other was about some kid joining a vampire circus. Both look absolutely ridiculous.

    Maybe I just don't like vampires. I think everything after Bram Stoker's Dracula (the book, which was great, not the movie, which was bad) is just a repeat of same theme over and over. Maybe in the realm of monsters, I always sided with creatures like werewolves. (Lycans were not sissies like the vampires in the Underworld movies.)

    In fact, the last decent vampire movie was Nosferatu, and that came out in 1922.

    So, if someone would be so kind, since I'm sure there is someone on these boards who will vehemently defend this fad, explain to me the appeal. I just don't understand it.
    sigpic

    Supporting McD since 2009.

    Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

    Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

  • #2
    Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post


    Can someone explain to me this current fad that is utterly obsessed with vampires?

    At the movies tonight, I saw two previews for vampire movies, neither of which have anything to do with that Twilight dreck. One was about harvesting humans or something, and the other was about some kid joining a vampire circus. Both look absolutely ridiculous.

    Maybe I just don't like vampires. I think everything after Bram Stoker's Dracula (the book, which was great, not the movie, which was bad) is just a repeat of same theme over and over. Maybe in the realm of monsters, I always sided with creatures like werewolves. (Lycans were not sissies like the vampires in the Underworld movies.)

    In fact, the last decent vampire movie was Nosferatu, and that came out in 1922.

    So, if someone would be so kind, since I'm sure there is someone on these boards who will vehemently defend this fad, explain to me the appeal. I just don't understand it.
    when did vampires become vagpires? <---that's my term for this new breed of blood suckers. appears to me it's not a whole lot of blood they suck.

    ugh. there jsut hasn't been a decent vampire flick since Interview, and even then, Louis was hella emo. and the latest fad has been sparked by Twilight. the ridiculous show on tv is straight up a product of Twilight.

    this is what happens. something becomes successful, and copy-cats are sure to follow.

    remember how often we saw bullet-time slow motion after The Matrix?
    sigpic

    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cirque Du Freak is based on a book series that I used to love reading when I was in middle school.

      I can tell just from the previews they are going to change a lot of stuff and they are going to try and fit all the books into one movie which makes me worried because most movies that do this are usually really bad.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
        when did vampires become vagpires? <---that's my term for this new breed of blood suckers. appears to me it's not a whole lot of blood they suck.

        ugh. there jsut hasn't been a decent vampire flick since Interview, and even then, Louis was hella emo. and the latest fad has been sparked by Twilight. the ridiculous show on tv is straight up a product of Twilight.

        this is what happens. something becomes successful, and copy-cats are sure to follow.

        remember how often we saw bullet-time slow motion after The Matrix?
        Well from what I've heard they're doing a remake of Interview to make it more like Twilight. Just what the world needs more crappy emo movies. HURRAY.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          Well from what I've heard they're doing a remake of Interview to make it more like Twilight. Just what the world needs more crappy emo movies. HURRAY.
          yikes. it was emo enough... but still good and actually follows the book rather well (i never did finish the book, i mean it does leave out a lot, like the zombie vampire part... but still).
          sigpic

          DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

          Comment

          Working...
          X