Jay-Z The Blueprint 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z The Blueprint 3

Great album all the way through. Jay-Z is keeping real hip hop alive. One of his best album's yet IMO.

I was skeptical of his comeback, but this album proves he still has the IT factor, and further cements Jay-Z as one of the best of all time.

I give it 10/10

Here are a few of my favorites:

Young Forever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erOBMiO-vHE

Run This Town
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDkUay3h98

I'm sorry but I just dont like Jay-Z. His old stuff was good but he has just lost it completely.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
      I'm sorry but I just dont like Jay-Z. His old stuff was good but he has just lost it completely.
      Jay has lost nothing, duke is still top notch as far as rap is concerned, maybe the G.O.A.T.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
        Jay has lost nothing, duke is still top notch as far as rap is concerned, maybe the G.O.A.T.
        I just think he is way overated. As far as the greatest of all time, He has nothing on Pac or Biggie. as far as best alive he has nothing on Nas, Ghostaface, GZA, LL, Talib, Lupe or Budden.
        sigpic

Comment

I just think he is way overated. As far as the greatest of all time, He has nothing on Pac or Biggie. as far as best alive he has nothing on Nas, Ghostaface, GZA, LL, Talib, Lupe or Budden.
          Nas....maybe, the rest make me seriously question your taste in music. Jay is top 3 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            Nas....maybe, the rest make me seriously question your taste in music. Jay is top 3 IMO.
            The fact that you think those guys suck and Jay-Z is top 3 make me seriously question your taste in music.
            sigpic

Comment

The only rapper that can even smell Jove lyrically in the names you just listed is Lupe Fiasco.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                The only rapper that can even smell Jove lyrically in the names you just listed is Lupe Fiasco.
                Lupe, Budden and Nas are the three best lyricists in the game.

Not to mention guys like Game, Crooked I, GZA The Genius and Royce Da' 5'9
                Last edited by The Experience; 09-13-2009, 05:47 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

BPIII isnt trash but it is nowhere near hotness, he tries to do to much and relies on features now to sell albums, old school Jay just used to flow on beats and didnt need the "Hot at the moment" artist to sell albums, he is still nice with the words but keeps trying to "Go out on top" and release one more album and then bounce. No disrespect I luv Jay but he's trying to do too much

Comment

The fact that you think those guys suck and Jay-Z is top 3 make me seriously question your taste in music.
                    Please tell me where i said they sucked?

Nobody you listed comes close to Jay status. Anyone with actual knowledge of hip hop/rap over the last 20 years will tell you Jay-Z is top 5, and most will say top 3.

Comment

The CD is tight, but still leaves a lot to be desired from him after this much time.

He is def top 5, I actually put him ahead of Pac and Biggie as a rapper... as a
                      lyricist? No, a rapper yes.

Lupe, Nas, and Tech N9ne are the best in the game right now, imo and Lupe
                      only because of his lyrics which are heads n tails better than anyone.

Dre still gets his garunteed high rank, until his next CD which better blow me
                      away.
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

The CD is hot, but the first Blueprint was the last of epic Jay. Everything before is certified Hip Hop royalty. Everything after is an acquired taste.

Today's rappers: Budden, Nas, Drake, Eminem, Andre 3000 and an underground cat named Skyzoo are my faves.

I'm still saddened that when people list old school rappers, Kool G Rap is overlooked.

Little Wayne... I. just. don't. get it.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                          The CD is hot, but the first Blueprint was the last of epic Jay. Everything before is certified Hip Hop royalty. Everything after is an acquired taste.

Today's rappers: Budden, Nas, Drake, Eminem, Andre 3000 and an underground cat named Skyzoo are my faves.

I'm still saddened that when people list old school rappers, Kool G Rap is overlooked.

I used to be a big Wayne fan, but his recent work is pretty sketchy. The Carter 3 was pretty good, but his new rock/rap stuff is horrible. Hopefully The Carter 4 is more like his older work

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post

Lil Wayne is terrible. I would put him in my top 5 worst rappers alive along with Soulja Boy, Hurricane Chris and Jim Jones.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X