Best. Museum. Exhibit. Ever.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McSmashie
    replied
    Strong also has a butterfly habit that houses several 1000 butterfly and moth varieties. It is a year round exhibit and quite warm and humid at all times. It is a very cool interactive experience as the butterflies can be quite curious.

This moth was about the size of my hand.

This is the cocoon hatchery. As you can see, there are quite a few butterflies coming out soon.

There is also a turtle and coy fish in there to help control the bug population.

These quail chicks also serve the same purpose.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied

Strong also houses the National Toy Hall of Fame.

Star Wars action figures:

I actually used to drive a real version of this:

And I had both of these!

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Here is the beginnings of an upcoming exhibit on Comic Book superheros!

There is a replica of Sesame Street with tons of learning games and SS history as well in there.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Unfortunately, my camera battery died because McS is a dumbass and forgot to charge it. But I got a couple of pics from around the museum. The place is HUGE!

This was a real Skylinder diner they brought into the museum and you can get lunch there.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied

This is is OLD SKOOL. Lunar Lander. One of the early early consoles. I still rocked it though. Sorry for the bad pic, a few of these are phone pics.

Do you guys remember Time Traveler? The holographic game? It ran off laser disc. I had completely forgotten about this one!

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    started a topic Best. Museum. Exhibit. Ever.

Best. Museum. Exhibit. Ever.

Here in Rochester, there is the great Strong Museum. It is the National Museum of Play and it dedicated to the pastime of play in all its form and how it effects people.

So, their newest exhibit is Videotopia, a massive collection of console video games (all playable) throughout the years.

Being the vidiot that I am, I had to check it out. Took some pics from my favorites for you to see.

This little girl was rocking the Paperboy!

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎