New Slayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Slayer?

Anyone had a chance to listen to it yet? I haven't heard it and would love to know it its any good...

It's Slayer, so it's bound to be good. But there's some wear and tear creeping in during the album. But then again, Slayer is the kind of band that only competes with itself as far as heavy, driven and rock-solid metal goes.

It's a good pickup. You won't be disappointed. At least I think you won't.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
    sigpic

Comment

Meh. I was disappointed and Slayers my favorite band. Psychopathy Red and Snuff are the only stand-out memorable songs IMO. Alot of the songs are fast and thrashy like slayer's supposed to be, but it's just not a memorable album. It's lacking in the riff department IMO. I honestly like christ illusion better...
      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Heard they are playing some Power Ballads on this one!! HAH! Read the other day that they had to cancell some shows cause of health problems with the singer, he needs back surgery.
        sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

My all-time fave band is Slayer. That said, I am really enjoying the new album. World Painted Blood (about half way through) really kicks it in high gear. I haven't heard a song pump my adrenaline like that in a while. Been really enjoy driving around and cranking that one as loud as I can get it...as fast as I can go.

I am also really digging on Playing With Dolls - very disturbing song.

I like just about everything Slayer does so I'm biased but I really think this album is quite good. A lot of the riffs are a throwback to early Slayer stuff. Lombardo's drum work is amazing as usual. And the lyrics...man, read the lyrics, that helps you enjoy the songs on a whole other level.

I also really enjoyed the mini-movie they included - definitely some sick stuff, not for the faint of heart...but then again, it's Slayer.

Just my two-cents.

<--- Life-long Slayer fan!!!

\m/
          sigpic

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
          George Carlin

Comment

Since the look-alike threads seem to get locked all the time i thought maybe i could get away with posting this here

sigpic
            photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
              Since the look-alike threads seem to get locked all the time i thought maybe i could get away with posting this here

haha that is awesome! yeah slayer is one of my all time favs as well but kind of gone downhill since seasons in the abyss IMO.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanx man yeah seasons is a classic album for sure. I'll have to check the new album cuz seasons was the last album tha I loved but i hear good things about the new one.
                sigpic

Comment

Didnt really want to start another thread about the same band, but is anybody goin to the show Jan 25 in Denver?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X