Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 years in the making, a $500 million budget (!), James Cameron and Sam Worthington, need I say more? Can't wait!

Booked my tickets two months ago, it's sold out already. Any of you guys gonna watch it on the opening day and if so, normal or 3D?
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I'll go see it, probably not on opening day though. And definitely normal, 3D is such a waste of money if you aren't seeing it in an IMAX theater. Even then, I think its a waste. I have trouble focusing on the screen when its in 3D, the movie seems blurry or something.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
      I'll go see it, probably not on opening day though. And definitely normal, 3D is such a waste of money if you aren't seeing it in an IMAX theater. Even then, I think its a waste. I have trouble focusing on the screen when its in 3D, the movie seems blurry or something.
      yeah me too for some reason when i saw ice age 3 in 3d i couldnt really focus on the movie it makes my eyes bug out...

Avatar looks like its gonna be a cool movie well jsut have to wait n see

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
        Put on the glasses...it helps

But the $500 million number is misleading. Much of that was spent on inventing the camera system that is now being used all over the place. The money being made on that will probably end up paying for the movie even if it didn't make a dime.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
          Put on the glasses...it helps

But the $500 million number is misleading. Much of that was spent on inventing the camera system that is now being used all over the place. The money being made on that will probably end up paying for the movie even if it didn't make a dime.
          Glasses.. what glasses? They ripped me off!

Yeah that's true, but despite a fairly big amount of movies coming out in december, Avatar will hit it big on B.O. Granted, it's not gonna cash in $500 million in the US alone, but with both 2D and 3D versions out at the same time and a simultaneous worldwide release (more or less), I see no reason why it will not exceed the cost of making the movie.

Then there is the licensing of property and systems rights, that's gonna make a sick amount of money too.
          Last edited by BroncosDivision; 11-19-2009, 12:15 AM.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
          X