Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite/least favorite Christmas song

My wife has been playing Christmas music 24/7 since Thanksgiving, so it got me wondering, what's everyone's favorite and least favorite Christmas song of the season?

My favorite: Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin & The Chipmunks

I think it's my favorite because I used to watch the Chipmunks cartoon every Saturday morning when I was a kid.

My least favorite: Merry Christmas Darling - Karen Carpenter

My mom was a huge Carpenters fan and always played their music. To me, I just find the sound of Karen Carpenters' voice depressing, making what should be a fun holiday a total downer.
    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Favorite:

Martina McBride's O Holy Night

Only acappella song they play on our local stations.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Fairytale of New York by the Pogues. I love that song.

Don't know that I have a least favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Favorite:

Only acappella song they play on our local stations.
        I've seen Martina in concert twice, and she does not dissapoint. The girl can sing.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Adopted By:
        Broncbeat

Comment

I really love all Christmas songs but my favorites are Happy Christmas(War is Over) by John Lennon(dah), Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney(dah x2) and Father Christmas by The Kink's.

I do have one least favorite Christmas song:
          I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Favorite:

^^^ Hands down my wife's favorite song. I like it too.

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
            Fairytale of New York by the Pogues. I love that song.
            ^^^ Great song! I love the Pogues!!!

My kids really love "The Little Drummer Boy".

I'm partial to DMB's "Christmas Song". If you've never heard it then I highly recommend listening to it. It definitely captures the spirit of Christmas in a way that's not typical of most Christmas songs.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's hard to think of a least favorite. One thing I love about Christmas is the music, and grabbing my guitar and figuring out all of these songs that we all know and love.
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

My Favorite Christmas song are John Lennon - Happy Christmas and of course Alvin and the Chipmunks .

:orton::go::orton:
              "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                I've seen Martina in concert twice, and she does not dissapoint. The girl can sing.
                I've seen her twice, also. Her regular concert and her Christmas show. I have never heard Martina hit a bad note.

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                ^^^ Hands down my wife's favorite song. I like it too.
                Your wife has great taste!

Oh, and you, too.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

My favorite traditional would have to be the christmas song.

However, i have a george straight disk, and he's straight gold (no pun intended), and I have a christmas with the rat pack CD that's solid too.

Favorite non traditional would have to be Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarajevo (yeah i'm a dork like that)

Least favorite would be Jingle bells, i dispise that song, mainly because my familly does dinner sleigh rides durring the winter, and I've had to endure it a gazillion times. It makes my skin crawl.

Comment

Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis!

Comment

bah humbug....

all the stores ruined the music for me when they started playing it in august:brick:
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

My all-time favorite Christmas song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", I think mainly because of a version of it sung by Rowlf the Dog on a John Denver album my mom played when I was a kid. Here's a video. I always loved Rowlf. For some reason, later in life when I bought the CD version of that old LP, it didn't have this song on it.

My wife seems to like Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey, but it sounds kind of insulting to me.

I hate that damned song about Christmas Shoes that I keep hearing on the radio. Stupid beyond stupid.

Edit: Sweet! This prompted some digging, and I found the entire album of A Christmas Together for download from iTunes. It does have Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas on it! I think I'll at least buy the one track.
                        Last edited by Broncos Bassist; 12-17-2009, 01:55 PM. Reason: Found the song!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                          bah humbug....

all the stores ruined the music for me when they started playing it in august:brick:
                          You think that's bad? We have a couple of radio stations that play nothing but Christmas music 24/7 from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and my wife listens to nothing else during the whole month. Makes me wanna scream. And she's Jewish!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                            You think that's bad? We have a couple of radio stations that play nothing but Christmas music 24/7 from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and my wife listens to nothing else during the whole month. Makes me wanna scream. And she's Jewish!
                            They have 2 stations up here that have been playing Christmas music 24/7 since HALLOWEEN NIGHT!! They are presets 1 & 2 in my wife's car. :brick:
                            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                            Adopted By:
                            Broncbeat

Comment

I don't know if any of you have heard Straight No Chaser's version of "The 12 Days of Christmas", but it's probably worth a look & listen if you haven't.

Straight No Chaser performs their unique "12 Days of Christmas" for the first time, on December 7th, 1998, in the Musical Arts Center at Indiana University, ...

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X