X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Favorite:

Martina McBride's O Holy Night

Only acappella song they play on our local stations.
    An excellent choice! I was listening to the Martina Greatest Hits CD last night. :thumb:

Other Good Ones:

The Pretenders ~ Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Whitney Houston ~ Do You Hear What I Hear

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    My kids really love "The Little Drummer Boy".
    This by far is my favorite song and I absolutely love Bob Seger's version of it. He and the Silver Bullet Band did a fantastic job with it. :clap:

A song I do not like is Bon Jovi ~ Back Door Santa.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I completely forgot about this song!

It's on the radio right now

The Christmas Shoes.

"I want her to look pretty if mama meets Jesus tonight"

This song brings a tear everytime. So touching.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Being a musician who has to play Christmas music every year I get tired of most of them, even the ones I like, but my favorites are probably Christmas Time Is Here by the Vince Gauraldi Trio from the Peanuts Christmas Special and I Believe In Father Christmas by Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Least favorite? That's hard. I love Carol of the Bells, but that stupid Garmin commercial has nearly ruined it for me!
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if there is a holiday I hate worse than Christmas. Call me a scrooge all you want, but I can't get through December fast enough.

As for the music? You can't step foot in public without being inundated by the same handful of obnoxious songs they started playing over and over back in November.

Why people go insane stressing themselves out to rush and fight with others to get the same "must have" crap each year is beyond me. What's worse is there is so much pressure to get the "right" gift that more people end up angry and frustrated than happy this time of year. For those of us who try an opt out of the holiday that doesn't work either, because people feel the obsessive compulsion to force you to participate and won't stop hounding you until you do.

It's all so commercialized that it doesn't even symbolize anything, but greed and selfishness anymore. Don't get me started about the religious aspect either as very few people even take that aspect seriously and those that do should be smart enough to realize they got the date wrong.

Whatever happened to just spending time with family? Isn't that more important than buying people crap they don't need, and probably don't deserve? You shouldn't need a holiday as an excuse to spend time with your family. If you do all I can say is that's sad.

So yeah, maybe I'm a grinch. I'm ok with that. My favorite holiday is coming up soon enough and then I will have a real reason to celebrate.
          Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
            I don't know if there is a holiday I hate worse than Christmas. Call me a scrooge all you want, but I can't get through December fast enough.

As for the music? You can't step foot in public without being inundated by the same handful of obnoxious songs they started playing over and over back in November.

Why people go insane stressing themselves out to rush and fight with others to get the same "must have" crap each year is beyond me. What's worse is there is so much pressure to get the "right" gift that more people end up angry and frustrated than happy this time of year. For those of us who try an opt out of the holiday that doesn't work either, because people feel the obsessive compulsion to force you to participate and won't stop hounding you until you do.

It's all so commercialized that it doesn't even symbolize anything, but greed and selfishness anymore. Don't get me started about the religious aspect either as very few people even take that aspect seriously and those that do should be smart enough to realize they got the date wrong.

Whatever happened to just spending time with family? Isn't that more important than buying people crap they don't need, and probably don't deserve? You shouldn't need a holiday as an excuse to spend time with your family. If you do all I can say is that's sad.

So yeah, maybe I'm a grinch. I'm ok with that. My favorite holiday is coming up soon enough and then I will have a real reason to celebrate.
            Scrooge Scrooge Scrooge Scrooge (I'll stop there)

If nothing else, enjoy seeing family and friends!

Comment

12 Days of Christmas - Bob and Doug McKenzie
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Run Run Rudolph - Lemmy, Dave Grohl, Billy Gibbons
              We Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New YearNo Copyright Infringement Intended
              "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Working...
              X