Question for PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for PS3

My mom has a PS3. She loves puzzle games. I was playing around with it, and Bejeweled 2 looks really cool and I think she'd really enjoy it. It's only available on the PS3 Network however.

I've never bought a game off the PS3 Network. How do I go about getting her this game? Do I go to the store and buy a card or do I do it through the PS3 and give it my credit card info or what?

I would *imagine* you have to do it through her PS3 while logged in as her.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

The PS3 would go online as "her". You go to "purchase" and it'll basically walk you throuhg buying the game as if you were buying a software download online with your computer. Very easy. It gives you the option to buy "point"(each game is a certain number of points) to which it
      ll charge your cc. I think you can set it up for a one time buy that way mom doesn't get too zealous one day and run your cc up.

It's quite easy, really!

Have her add me as a friend, we'll have wicked COD games!! lol
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Okay, I got it. You guys were right. Very fast and easy.

Now I have a question. My nephew was playing on my account (which annoys me) and ran up some scores and got some trophies and stuff.

How do I delete those stats and scores and start over from scratch?

Comment

If you're talking about trophies, you cant actually delete them.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
            If you're talking about trophies, you cant actually delete them.
            What about just resetting the scores of my game and my game stats?

Like a game file or something. How do I delete that and start over as if I wanted to play the game from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              What about just resetting the scores of my game and my game stats?

Like a game file or something. How do I delete that and start over as if I wanted to play the game from scratch?

Go into your file management and delete any saved information on the games you want to start over on. there is two place that they are saved, one I believe say's "saved game data" and the other I believe "game management data" ... you'll need to delete both of those.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                Go into your file management.
                How do I get into my file management?

Comment

Go to the "Game" icon when you turn your PS3 on. Select "Saved Data Utility (PS3)". There you should be able to delete any saved file that is currently on your PS3.

I'm not exactly sure how to delete your trophies but if I had to take a guess it would be going to the Settings icon, scrolling down to System Settings, then scrolling all the way down to Restore PS3 system. It says "Formats the hard disk and restores the system software to its default settings", so I'm guessing that wipes all of your trophies clean. Once again I am not 100% sure on that though

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

how come it shows you only have 53 posts?

Sorry its off topic but just wondering. I myself have seen at least 100 of your posts lol.

lies i say.

anyways, you should put a password on the account so your nephew won't play on it.

Comment

Why I have so few posts is because I only count my quality posts, thus, I have 55.

My nephew won't try to use my account if I tell him not to. He's actually pretty respectful of my stuff. I just didn't think to tell him not to when we first got the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                          Why I have so few posts is because I only count my quality posts, thus, I have 55.

My nephew won't try to use my account if I tell him not to. He's actually pretty respectful of my stuff. I just didn't think to tell him not to when we first got the game.
                          ahhh, so mine should be like 3 or 4.

Comment

I don't think you can delete your trophies. Your PSN account is on a server a server used by Sony. The trophy information and everything about that account is stored on that server. Your trophies are synced to your PSN account so even if you buy a new HDD or reformat your current one they will still be there (at least once you resync your account).

So your only realistic choice would be to make a new account.

Game stats (If you mean game progress) can be done in either the game or in "Game Data" (I think that is what it is called and its under the games tab). You just need to make sure to delete the right game data.
                            Last edited by Brancos; 01-15-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Just set yourself up a new username on the PS3, I have 3, one a european account (my main one) a US account to download game demos we cant get here, and a japanese one for some unknown reason lol. I believe the trophies and game states all start as new with each new account.
                              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Working...
                              X