Gaming disappointments of the Decade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming disappointments of the Decade!

Well let's be honest, some of the most hyped games out there have been quite frankly shocking. Some sequels blew chunks, and some originals crashed and burned. Here's my list of absolute clangers from the gaming world/

Halo 3: ODST, was simply an expansion with a 5 hour campaign latched on, and a full game price I was nearly outraged I went out and bought this game. Love Halo, but come on Bungie!

Resident Evil 5, yeah, it's hard to follow up 4, for those who haven't played 4, get it, it's in the category of epic for it's gameplay. But 5 was horribad, if a game works, don't change it, the whole Africa idea was...okay, but the co-op thing annoyed me, particuarly if you weren't playing with someone else, the NPC woman would completely screw your game up by disobeying orders, getting in the way, dying far too easily. Very frustrating. Oh and the DLC p'd me off further. The "versus" mode and such were plain terrible, and evidently they are on the disc, but you pay to unlock the luxury of selecting the mode, scandalous if you ask me, this was a skidmark on the RE label.

Guitar Hero 3 onwards, I have up completely with this franchise of game after 3. I played the game for about 4 months before I realised it was utter BS in every aspect. The songs were mediocre in my opinion, was much more leaning towards more recent songs, When You Were Young is a much better vocal song than Guitar. The game was overall too hard, and just not fun enough to compare to Guitar Hero 2. But then the sequels came along. Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, Guitar Hero: Van Halen. This Franchise has been squeezed to death, and is pretty much dead to over half the gaming population if you ask me. Most find their way onto Rock Band now due to the immense DLC, your bound to find something you like there. Guitar Hero post Harmonix has been a shambles, terrible charts (notes on the highway) and gameplay.

Call of Duty 5: WaW - I toyed with not putting this in here, but I can't, this game, offline and off, was one of the least enjoyable experience in a game I've ever had. I loved Modern Warfare, I'm not an infinity ward fanboy, but good lord, WaW was like the Anti-MW, sure the name and the idea are the same, but it screwed with your mind too much to be liked. Maybe its cause I suck, i don't know, but when someone gets shock in the back with a shotgun, they generally die, never the case in Call of Duty. I'm glad Infinity Ward returned some self respect with MW2.

I expect to be flamed for CoD, let me have it!

I agree with Halo ODST, I'm just glad I never bought that one.

I don't know of many others... I think that Head Coach was a BIG let down for me. I was very excited for the game, but ultimately it was a let down.
    sigpic

Comment

Madden 10: dont get me wrong i loved this game but for 60 bucks it was not up to expectations im shelling out 60 dollars for a game the least EA can do is make this game the best damn football game out there but its not even better than the old Madden games for the ps2 or NFL2k5 for that matter...i just really want Ea to put more than 40% effort into these games.

Comment

Getting my coffee and sitting down, because I love to talk about video games!

I don't know about RE5 being a disappointment. The game was really made to be multiplayer, which is how I played it. I thought it was actually the best once since RE2.

World at War, while not nearly as popular as COD4 or MW2, had a great story line, and pushed the bar for gory wartime graphics. But disappointment of the decade as far as WWII FPS goes? My vote is for Medal of Honor: Airborne. The game was so bad that EA chose to reboot the entire series.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Call of Duty 5? Really?

That game was filthy, I don't know one kid that didn't play that in my dorm.
          sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
          30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
            Madden 10: dont get me wrong i loved this game but for 60 bucks it was not up to expectations im shelling out 60 dollars for a game the least EA can do is make this game the best damn football game out there but its not even better than the old Madden games for the ps2 or NFL2k5 for that matter...i just really want Ea to put more than 40% effort into these games.
            Madden 10!?!?

Have you tried Madden 09, 08, and 07? All of those games were terrible compared to 10. Madden 10 is definitely the best Madden that has been put out for the 360 and PS3 and is certainly not a let down.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Getting my coffee and sitting down, because I love to talk about video games!

I don't know about RE5 being a disappointment. The game was really made to be multiplayer, which is how I played it. I thought it was actually the best once since RE2.

World at War, while not nearly as popular as COD4 or MW2, had a great story line, and pushed the bar for gory wartime graphics. But disappointment of the decade as far as WWII FPS goes? My vote is for Medal of Honor: Airborne. The game was so bad that EA chose to reboot the entire series.
              Please tell me you do not think RE4 is a bad game, its nearly, NEARLY perfect, intense story, shooting was awesome, mercenaries kept you coming back for more. I've not looked at 5 since I completed it, it was a horrible story, horrribad gameplay (an egg takes up as much space in your backpack as a gun, win!) and awful boss battles. Give me 4 anyway!

MoH being a failure goes without saying, I enjoyed Rising Sun abit, but it was the death of a once respectable series. World at War at no point was enjoyable for myself, but thats just me, each to their own!

Comment

When I play a game like Resident Evil 5 I have to wonder how the hell they drifted so far away from what made the rest of the series so fun. The game was a complete disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                  Madden 10!?!?

Have you tried Madden 09, 08, and 07? All of those games were terrible compared to 10. Madden 10 is definitely the best Madden that has been put out for the 360 and PS3 and is certainly not a let down.
                  in madden when a defender knocks down a pass near the sidelines, the refs call it a completeion. exlain that to me. by far the worst stat engine ever in any sports game ever. getting 4 feet inbounds in the endzone = an out of bounds call by the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                    Madden 10!?!?

Madden 09 was the best Madden.
                    The game play is all the same but Madden 10 graphics suck.
                    Look at Josh McDaniels it looks nothing like him.
                    Matt Statford is blonde,why is his hair black in the game.
                    Peyton Manning look like he ate Shaun Rogers.
                    The only thing better in Madden 10 than Madden 09 was the fumble play.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Madden 09 was the best Madden.
                      The game play is all the same but Madden 10 graphics suck.
                      Look at Josh McDaniels it looks nothing like him.
                      Matt Statford is blonde,why is his hair black in the game.
                      Peyton Manning look like he ate Shaun Rogers.
                      The only thing better in Madden 10 than Madden 09 was the fumble play.
                      I hate the fumble play. I love Madden 10 though, addictive when your not LOOKING for reasons to dislike it which I did for the first few weeks.

Comment

Its all about Madden for the Playstation 2!!!!
                        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
                          Its all about Madden for the Playstation 2!!!!
                          Yeah well this is all about next gen games.
                          Xbox 360 & PS3
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                            I hate the fumble play. I love Madden 10 though, addictive when your not LOOKING for reasons to dislike it which I did for the first few weeks.
                            I love the fumble play it makes it more realistic, You get to fight for the ball instead of it just being a fumble. It comes in handy when your RB is Knowshon Mr. Fumble Moreno
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              I love the fumble play it makes it more realistic, You get to fight for the ball instead of it just being a fumble. It comes in handy when your RB is Knowshon Mr. Fumble Moreno
                              But on All Madden? Its fricking annoying, near enough impossible to win, and I'm a professional button basher!

Comment

Working...
                              X