Your Top 10 Greatest American (US) Rock Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Jimmy Eat World is the only one I know from that list and I really like this song.

The Middle
    I love Lucky Denver Mint

Video is crap because the other ones are from the movie Never Been Kissed and it's different

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
      Stay away from the new stuff.

Their self titled album is pretty good. I like "Suggestions", "Suite Pee", "Peep hole", "PLUCK".

Toxicity is the CD with Chop Suey on it. That CD is also pretty good. My favorites on that one are "Forest", "Science", "Psycho", and "X!".

Lastly, Steal this Album! is my favorite by them. The Highway Song is awesome and is by far their best song in my opinion. I haven't listened to this album in a while but I do remember every song on the CD being good with the exception of maybe one song.

The problem with their newer albums would be... well just listen to S.O.A.D try to play their new songs live. It's a total disaster and that should give you a good taste of why their newer music is not as good.
      Thanks for the info. I will likely try out "Steal.."

For some additional discussion, I will say that my taste is mainly rock bands with music that is very blues based. With regard to some bands that have not been mentioned but I like alot and NOT blues based, I suggest the following:

Old school: Talking Heads
      Newer band: The Mars Volta

I am fans of both and surprised they haven't gotten more attention on this thread. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mygtar View Post
        Thanks for the info. I will likely try out "Steal.."

For some additional discussion, I will say that my taste is mainly rock bands with music that is very blues based. With regard to some bands that have not been mentioned but I like alot and NOT blues based, I suggest the following:

Old school: Talking Heads
        Newer band: The Mars Volta

I am fans of both and surprised they haven't gotten more attention on this thread. Any thoughts?
        Because the lead singer of Talking Heads, David Byrne, actually comes from Dumbarton in Scotland? I was offered tickets to go see him but knocked them back because I was going to a "soccer" game that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
          Because the lead singer of Talking Heads, David Byrne, actually comes from Dumbarton in Scotland? I was offered tickets to go see him but knocked them back because I was going to a "soccer" game that night.
          Perhaps we need to define an American band.

Comment

Maybe we could just remake a top ten bands thread?

Comment

It was difficult to come up with ten. I guess most of my favorite bands are from Gr. Britain or N. Zealand.

My top 10, in no particular order:

The Doobie Brothers

Heart

Van Halen

Devo

The Allman Brothers Band

The Stray Cats

Kansas

The Dixie Dregs

The Cars

Steppenwolf

Someone made the comment that Eddie and Alex Van Halen were born in the Netherlands, and while that is true, the band was formed in Los Angeles, so I consider them an American band. Same with Steppenwolf: John Kay was born in Germany and the core of the group met in Toronto, but the band was founded in L. A.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X