No announcement yet.

Team CoCo v Team Leno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know how anyone can side with Leno in this situation. If he was a man he wouldve just stepped aside and let Conan continue to do the Tonight Show, but instead, he stands by like hes Mr Innocent. He had his fame, its so selfish that he let Conan go down like that.
    sigpic

Comment

I have never thought Jay Leno was funny, I Like Conan way better, plus Triumph rocks! Leno doesn't have anything funny like that on his show. "Jay-Walking" that's lame! Plus Jay is on the downside of his career he needs to give it up and collect more cars.
      sigpic
      Team Tebow #103

Comment

I've never found Leno to be a funny guy.... and his show was lame.

I think the station is screwing Conan, and think he's handling it great. Conan here.

Comment

When Jay Leno was the host the ratings were very high. Now that Conan is the host the ratings have gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brancos View Post
            When Jay Leno was the host the ratings were very high. Now that Conan is the host the ratings have gone down.
            because there was a transition of course the ratings are going to go down. People were used to leno and leno is still on the air so of course people are gonna watch his show.... they never REALLY gave conan a fair shot. They didn't give him time to capture the audience. The only people watching conans show were the people that watched the late night show...

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
              because there was a transition of course the ratings are going to go down. People were used to leno and leno is still on the air so of course people are gonna watch his show.... they never REALLY gave conan a fair shot. They didn't give him time to capture the audience. The only people watching conans show were the people that watched the late night show...
              Yeah but Jay Leno and Conan were not competing. Conan had 7 months and he wasn't able to do as well as Jay Leno did.

Comment

Yeah but Jay Leno and Conan were not competing. Conan had 7 months and he wasn't able to do as well as Jay Leno did.
                Jay Leno got his butt kicked by Letterman his first two YEARS.

Nothing surprises me anymore in this instant gratification society.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I happen to think Jay Leno is pretty funny, the headlines segment hes done for years is hilarious, and he probably owes most of the credit to his writers but I always thought he was good for a few laughs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing and I mean Nothing Leno does will ever compare to last night's Conan finale with Will Ferrell!!! That was absolute comedy and what was best about Conan's show. He was always able to pull off stunts like those and make them work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                      Nothing and I mean Nothing Leno does will ever compare to last night's Conan finale with Will Ferrell!!! That was absolute comedy and what was best about Conan's show. He was always able to pull off stunts like those and make them work.
                      Will Farrell = Comedy?
                      Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                      Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                      "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                      Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
                        Will Farrell = Comedy?
                        Yeah, Will Farrell is pretty funny...at least compared to you hes a genius.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
                          Will Farrell = Comedy?
                          uh... have you ever seen Step Brothers? I'd like to see you hate on Farrell after that cause I doubt you have seen it.

Comment

yeah but the old people that watched leno just transitioned into the jay leno show rather than converting to the new tonight show. NBC didn't give conan a fair shot... I highly doubt leno hit the ground running like they seem to expect conan to do when he took over tonight show.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                              yeah but the old people that watched leno just transitioned into the jay leno show rather than converting to the new tonight show. NBC didn't give conan a fair shot... I highly doubt leno hit the ground running like they seem to expect conan to do when he took over tonight show.
                              Jay struggled bad in the ratings for years with the Tonight Show. Letterman regularly killed him.

He only took over as the top rated late night show when he scored Hugh Grant after Grant was busted with a hooker.

Jay then carried the top ratings until Letterman came back from some medical issue (heart problems maybe? ).

Anywho, Jay was given YEARS to make the Tonight Show a success. At one point, NBC ALMOST fired him to replace him with Dave. Jay has always come off as kind of sleazy to me.
                              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Team CoCo all the way.

This is the biggest screw job in a while. NBC is full of crap and run by senile idiots that don't know that times are changing..

Comment

Working...
                                X