Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed needed for X Live?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speed needed for X Live?

    How well does live work with 1.5?


    Download speed
    1.5 Mbps 10 Mbps 15 Mbps
    Upload speed
    256 Kbps 768 Kbps 1.5 Mbps

  • #2
    just to be sure... it's not satellite internet is it? if so, don't even try man

    EDIT: other than satellite internet i think 1.5 mb/s will work for ya... if not you can always upgrade i would think
    Last edited by Frenchy180; 01-21-2010, 08:20 PM.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
      just to be sure... it's not satellite internet is it? if so, don't even try man
      nope, cox.

      Comment


      • #4
        then you should be good i believe...
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
          then you should be good i believe...
          with only 1.5 mbps??? im moving, and i have like 15 right now but on a horrible wirless area

          Comment


          • #6
            I think so as long as it's a dedicated line for your home only. Try a one month subscription first is my best advice
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
              then you should be good i believe...
              U will technically be able to sign on, games that have dedicated servers are your best bet, games that are peer-to-peer like SF4, CoD, Transformers, etc will make others mad if your lagging a little bit...I wouldnt expect wonders to be honest

              Comment


              • #8
                I played on a 1.5 but if you are using wireless with it I wouldn't recomend, no matter what you think wireless will slow down your connection. If you are hooked up directly to the modem/router you should be fine.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  I played on a 1.5 but if you are using wireless with it I wouldn't recomend, no matter what you think wireless will slow down your connection. If you are hooked up directly to the modem/router you should be fine.
                  Technically that should be true...but my wireless adapter has a better connection now then when I had my xbox hooked up to a Qwest Modem.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                    Technically that should be true...but my wireless adapter has a better connection now then when I had my xbox hooked up to a Qwest Modem.
                    That makes no logical or technical sense, but if it works? I guess that's cool.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                      That makes no logical or technical sense, but if it works? I guess that's cool.
                      Yeah, wireless has too much packet loss for me.
                      sigpic

                      Hooray, beer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                        That makes no logical or technical sense, but if it works? I guess that's cool.
                        Maybe it was Qwest, we switched to Comcast.
                        But now I have faster download speeds and it doesnt lag as much, except when one of your neighbors is obviously stealing your connection haha.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Yeah, wireless has too much packet loss for me.
                          Bit Frame packed segment data data data
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            Maybe it was Qwest, we switched to Comcast.
                            But now I have faster download speeds and it doesnt lag as much, except when one of your neighbors is obviously stealing your connection haha.
                            Yeah well, cable should be a bit faster than DSL but it depends on how many people are between you and the provider. DSL is defined meaning you get the same speed no matter what. But Cable is by demand basically meaning who evers closest gets the highest bandwidth
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              Yeah well, cable should be a bit faster than DSL but it depends on how many people are between you and the provider. DSL is defined meaning you get the same speed no matter what. But Cable is by demand basically meaning who evers closest gets the highest bandwidth
                              Thanks for the lesson

                              Qwests dsl was just bad though, it was CONSTANTLY down.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X