As The Aerosmith Turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As The Aerosmith Turns

I dont know if there are many fans of them around nowadays, but there has been a lot of Funny/Sad/Bizarre stuff going on with them since they cancelled the rest of their tour last year.

First Whitford about decapitates himself getting out of his Ferrari, seriously injures himself, misses some time.

Joe Perry has his knee surgey, delays his solo tour/album with his Joe Perry Project.

Tom Hamilton had some mysterious ailment that caused him to miss some time.

Then Tyler FALLS OFF THE FREKIN STAGE like theold fart that he is, injures himself, cancelled the tour, THEN it is disclosed that he has an addiction to painkillers, and all that after beating one of the WORST drug addictions mankind has ever seen since Kieth Richards!

THEN, at an appearance at a small club with Joe Perrys Project, Tyler shows up unannounced, sings Walk This Way, then rambles about how HE is Aerosmith!! MFERS!!!

THEN, Perry, after having it up to HERE with Tyler starts asking other singers to audition, such as Paul Rogers, who promtly turns him down, then Perry comes out and says, well we need some one who is "younger", Perry is exactly 1 year younger then Rogers!!!

Now Tyler shows up ata friggin HOME DEPOT of all places, and starts singing over the intercom!!! I would love to have that on you tube or someting! HILLARIOUS!!

Then Tyler is threatining a lawsuit if they go on without him!!

It just goes on and on! Wonder what TODAY will bring on this Soap Opera!!!
    sigpicoh YEAH?

I got fed up with them and lost respect 25 years ago thanks to a concert I attended.

They were so drunk and trashed, they couldn't play, Tyler couldn't sing and they looked like fools just wondering around the stage. People were so pissed off at them after waiting for so long for the show to begin in the first place, they started throwing crap at them and over half the arena left.

It was pathetic.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

They are one of my favorite bands.

I guess tyler forgot about their song permanent vacation. That was about giving up drugs forever. Although I suppse pain killers werent really around too much back then, like they are now.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I thought it was an addiction to sleeping pills....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          I got fed up with them and lost respect 25 years ago thanks to a concert I attended.

They were so drunk and trashed, they couldn't play, Tyler couldn't sing and they looked like fools just wondering around the stage. People were so pissed off at them after waiting for so long for the show to begin in the first place, they started throwing crap at them and over half the arena left.

It was pathetic.
          They were exactly as you say in 1985 when I seen em at the Texxas Jamm.

Crazy thing is, when they came back in the 90s, they had their act cleaned up, they all were healthy and hotter then they ever were, but something happened. All I remember from them in the last 10 to 15 years are their sup par music, and that dreadfull Super Bowl debacle with Britney Spears and NSync.
          sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
            They were exactly as you say in 1985 when I seen em at the Texxas Jamm.

Crazy thing is, when they came back in the 90s, they had their act cleaned up, they all were healthy and hotter then they ever were, but something happened. All I remember from them in the last 10 to 15 years are their sup par music, and that dreadfull Super Bowl debacle with Britney Spears and NSync.
            It was the middle 80's, I'd have to look up the exact date (I still have all of my stubs) and we saw them at McNichols Arena in Denver.

sigpic

Comment

It was the middle 80's, I'd have to look up the exact date (I still have all of my stubs) and we saw them at McNichols Arena in Denver.
              Was it the one where Guns And Roses opened for them and absolutely blew them off the stage? I was at that one. Fortunately Guns was on fire or I would have been very angry. Aerosmith sucked that night.

Comment

Speaking of Guns N' Roses and bad concerts, I saw them in 1987 just before Appetite For Destruction really blew up. Axl was so drunk, he sang the songs while lying on his back because he couldn't stand. After watching that concert, I would never have imagined that a few months later they would be one of the biggest bands in the world.
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

I heard that Tyler quit, then was back, then was told to stuff it from the rest of the band.

I won't miss them though, I've never really liked them that much, not even their hits or the songs on the album. One of my friends is a huge fan and has forced me to listen to them, I just can't get into them.

Tyler was always a weird one...

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                    I heard that Tyler quit, then was back, then was told to stuff it from the rest of the band.

I won't miss them though, I've never really liked them that much, not even their hits or the songs on the album. One of my friends is a huge fan and has forced me to listen to them, I just can't get into them.

Tyler was always a weird one...
                    Well like em or not, from 1975 to 1979 they were THE best, most popular, and Hottest American Hard Rock Band in the world, but, sadly, drugs infighting and age took that away.
                    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Steven Tyler and his youngest son walked right by my family when we were on vacation in Anguilla! I'll never forget that

Comment

I have seen Aerosmith in concert about 15 times dating back to the early 80s. I have never experienced them being unable to perform and have always felt they put on top notch shows unlike some of you. Also saw Joe Perry Project in the Fall of 1983 which was a blast.

What bothers me is all this talk about auditioning other singers. Just seems that at this stage of their careers, it would be wiser to retire Aerosmith rather than get another singer. If someone else sings, just call it something else.

Even if Tyler remains, it may be time to retire Aerosmith anyhow. The new music doesn't seem to be evolving very much. It seems that it is turning into a bit of a packaged pop format. No real hard edge to it or any new bold direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mygtar View Post
                          What bothers me is all this talk about auditioning other singers.
                          This would be bad. Tyler is the face of Aerosmith and to have someone else up there would just be wrong.

I keep forgetting to look up the date of my experience.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mygtar View Post
                            I have seen Aerosmith in concert about 15 times dating back to the early 80s. I have never experienced them being unable to perform and have always felt they put on top notch shows unlike some of you. Also saw Joe Perry Project in the Fall of 1983 which was a blast.

What bothers me is all this talk about auditioning other singers. Just seems that at this stage of their careers, it would be wiser to retire Aerosmith rather than get another singer. If someone else sings, just call it something else.

Even if Tyler remains, it may be time to retire Aerosmith anyhow. The new music doesn't seem to be evolving very much. It seems that it is turning into a bit of a packaged pop format. No real hard edge to it or any new bold direction.
                            Well they have had a reputation in the 70s and 80s of Abusing one subtance or another, but since the 90s they have had their act cleaned up untill now.

I would not worry too much about other singer. Just two days ago Tyler threatened a law suit, and almost IMMEDIATLY Perry came out with a statement changing his tune about other singers, and the length of time Tyler would be gone.

Paul Rogers turned Perry down, and so did Sammy Hagar. No one in their right minds would jump into the middle of all this right now!!!

I agree about their music. It has all been in the name of finding another top 10 hit for about 15 years now, and a lot of longtime fans like me have left them YEARS ago.

They could do it again, it is not impossible, they just need to find their roots is all.
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

It was pathetic.
                              This took place on January 11th 1983 at McNichols in Denver.

I usually write down opening acts, but in this case I didn't.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X