Bad Company 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Name one game besides Crysis and Far Cry 2 with with maps this large, destructible environments, and very large online multiplayer games.
    First off, lets get this part straight. There is a giant difference in physics based destructible environments, and smoke screen destructible environments. There are no physics involved in BC2's destructible buildings, it's simply at one point there is a wall, and at the next second when a grenade hits it some pretty smoke goes everywhere and the wall is replaced with a chunk of a wall. That kind of destruction requires no processing power, so there is no reason the graphics could not have been upgraded.

If you want to see REAL physics based destructible buildings you should go play Red Faction Guerrilla. Heck, there's my example of a game that big with destructible environments and large online multiplayer games.

Comment

RF's graphics aren't anything special either

Comment

RF's graphics aren't anything special either
        That's because they actually had some physics based destruction. BC2 has no excuse. It's gonna be a great game, but those graphics could be much, much better.

Comment

Not really

Its a console port so its severely limited

Comment

Not really

Its a console port so its severely limited
            Again, terrible excuse. There are many games that look much better than this that have been console ports.

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, but there is no doubt in my mind they could have done better with those graphics.

Comment

Looks amazing to me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0&fmt=22
              Last edited by RaiderFanSD; 02-22-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                The game looks awesome, but the graphics? The atmosphere and feeling of chaos is great, but the graphics are nothing great.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  The game looks awesome, but the graphics? The atmosphere and feeling of chaos is great, but the graphics are nothing great.
                  I think the graphics are great.. What other modern FPS looks better than this? Besides the usual Far Cry 2, Crysis.. I think the graphics are better than MW2.

Comment

I really think you're confusing the actual technical quality of the graphics with the way they've done a good job of creating the feeling of chaos. Maybe I just play too many PC games but something like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the L.U.R.K. mod is superior to this game and that came out a long time ago.

Comment

Soooo this game is completely awesome... 10x better than MW2 imo.

Comment

I don't own it yet, I'll be getting it tomorrow, but I'm glad to see the graphics are definitely improved from the demo.

Comment

+1 This game owns MW2.....especially the multiplayer part of it. But again, you NEED a headset to enjoy the multiplayer part.

Comment

This game is amazing.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              This game is amazing.

That is all.

Comment

This game is seriously like 100x better than MW2.

Comment

Working...
                                X