No announcement yet.

Thoughts on a new TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woulda waited for Black Friday, but you got a good deal!

Comment

well returned that TV and got an EVEN better deal on the $899 50in panasonic ST30, its 3d ready, wifi apps, and i got a free 200 dollar bluray player with it

all for under 780$

sweet deal, got my extra comcast box in the mail tomorrow my wall mount comes in on saturday and my last HDMI cable on monday

i love new toys
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
        well returned that TV and got an EVEN better deal on the $899 50in panasonic ST30, its 3d ready, wifi apps, and i got a free 200 dollar bluray player with it

all for under 780$

sweet deal, got my extra comcast box in the mail tomorrow my wall mount comes in on saturday and my last HDMI cable on monday

i love new toys
        SAWEEEET

Cant wait to play MW3 witcha
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

all for under 780$

i love new toys
          You'll be glad you went with the Panasonic. The ST30 is not the base model of the series like that Samsung was, and will have better firmware to deal with image retention, and processing of the image. It has a function that sort of shifts the picture (quicker than your eye can notice) so you won't have that issue.

And I just think they're a better TV.

Good choice man :thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            You'll be glad you went with the Panasonic. The ST30 is not the base model of the series like that Samsung was, and will have better firmware to deal with image retention, and processing of the image. It has a function that sort of shifts the picture (quicker than your eye can notice) so you won't have that issue.

And I just think they're a better TV.

Good choice man :thumb:
            i can tell a huge difference in the blacks already and the screen isnt as glossy, which was something i thought id like, turns out i didnt, even my basement it reflected stuff

that said the base model sammy was ten times better looking than the base model panny for whatever reason that may be

now i just have to save up for those 100 dollar 3d glasses
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

i can tell a huge difference in the blacks already and the screen isnt as glossy, which was something i thought id like, turns out i didnt, even my basement it reflected stuff

that said the base model sammy was ten times better looking than the base model panny for whatever reason that may be

now i just have to save up for those 100 dollar 3d glasses
              Were you comparing them at the store?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                Were you comparing them at the store?
                ya, i know thats a no-no but i messed with the settings and most people online agreed that the s30 and x3 look really washed out color wise (even compared to this new panasonic) that i got when i was researching them

im just pumped that i got a 50in 3d 1080p wi-fi TV, 3d Bluray player (and a free mail in rebate for Avatar) for about 688 + tax

running break in slides all day long then going to try and find some good settings for the tv
                Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 11-04-2011, 06:17 AM.
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

ya, i know thats a no-no but i messed with the settings and most people online agreed that the s30 and x3 look really washed out color wise (even compared to this new panasonic) that i got when i was researching them

im just pumped that i got a 50in 3d 1080p wi-fi TV, 3d Bluray player (and a free mail in rebate for Avatar) for about 688 + tax

running break in slides all day long then going to try and find some good settings for the tv
                  Well sounds like you got a screamin' deal. All's well that ends well I suppose
                  sigpic

Comment

and i just bought 2 pairs of 3d glasses from BB for 40 bucks a piece, they are a new universal pair from sony

gotta pick em up on the way home and give avatar a try!!!

WOOT

then maybe some 3d vidja games
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

and i just bought 2 pairs of 3d glasses from BB for 40 bucks a piece, they are a new universal pair from sony

gotta pick em up on the way home and give avatar a try!!!

WOOT

then maybe some 3d vidja games
                      Cool.

Enjoy!

Come back and tell us about it. I've been curious. Is it worth it?
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

What time do you want all of us over so we can watch the Super Bowl on this thing?
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Cool.

Enjoy!

Come back and tell us about it. I've been curious. Is it worth it?
                          Honestly even though the 2 pairs of glasses were less than 1 manufacture pair im going to be returning them most likely, I just dont think Home 3D tech is that special, it looked cool as it added depth to the picture, but nothing really POPS out at you like in a theatre (i watched avatar)

im going to try them a bit longer before bringing em back but i think the 80 bucks is just gonna go towards my new iphone

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                          What time do you want all of us over so we can watch the Super Bowl on this thing?
                          people are coming over early, its a potluck though you can bring the beers!
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Working...
                          X