video games and girlfriends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video games and girlfriends

why cant i ever find a good looking good girl that actually doesnt care when i play video games, or even better plays them with me

everytime im playing a game my girl makes fun of me and then wants me to turn it off to "spend time with her" by watching a show she wants to watch that i have no interest in while in an uncomfortable position

i hate it, i wish i didnt love women so much but alas they are the devil and have persuaded me that they are the most beautiful creatures on earth

anyone else have problems or are you one of the lucky ones
    sigpic
    -------

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    why cant i ever find a good looking good girl that actually doesnt care when i play video games, or even better plays them with me

everytime im playing a game my girl makes fun of me and then wants me to turn it off to "spend time with her" by watching a show she wants to watch that i have no interest in while in an uncomfortable position

i hate it, i wish i didnt love women so much but alas they are the devil and have persuaded me that they are the most beautiful creatures on earth

Lol I can play when my girl is there for a while. but she whines. and then I just give her a little smooch and we're good to go for like 30 more minutes. But I try not to play too much when she's around.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

My wife always watches me play video games. Even if I were playing something like, MW2, she'd be quick to point out, "I saw someone!". She watches me play football and hockey, and cusses right along with me when something BS happens. We play Rockband and Guitar Hero together alot too.

I also watch stuff with her she likes, but I'm very firm about things I don't want to watch, ie: Extreme Makeover Home Edition, What not to wear, etc etc. We watch Who's Line, NCIS, and Seinfeld together almost on a daily basis.

She understands there are shows I won't waste my time watching, so she either goes and watches it in the bedroom, or I go find something else to do while she watches it on the big TV (this happens more often than not, because I want her to have her fair share of watching her shows on a comfy couch and a big TV too).

I guess the difference is when your married you compromise not for the sake of compromising but for the sake of sanity. If she chose not to watch me play games, I wouldn't mind, but I do think it's cool that she does.

I guess the only advice I would give you is to tell her firmly but politely, "I really don't want to watch this crap".
      Last edited by CoryWinget81; 02-25-2010, 11:30 AM.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Believe it or not my wife plays games with me. She has her own avatar and everything. I even had to buy her a xbox so she could play 1-player games when I do. It is amazing to have someone play with you instead of complaining that your not spending time with her
        Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          My wife always watches me play video games. Even if I were playing something like, MW2, she'd be quick to point out, "I saw someone!". She watches me play football and hockey, and cusses right along with me when something BS happens. We play Rockband and Guitar Hero together alot too.

I also watch stuff with her she likes, but I'm very firm about things I don't want to watch, ie: Extreme Makeover Home Edition, What not to wear, etc etc. We watch Who's Line, NCIS, and Seinfeld together almost on a daily basis.

She understands there are shows I won't waste my time watching, so she either goes and watches it in the bedroom, or I go find something else to do while she watches it on the big TV (this happens more often than not, because I want her to have her fair share of watching her shows on a comfy couch and a big TV too).

I guess the difference is when your married you compromise not for the sake of compromising but for the sake of sanity. If she chose not to watch me play games, I wouldn't mind, but I do think it's cool that she does.

I guess the only advice I would give you is to tell her firmly but politely, "I really don't want to watch this crap".
          ya i do that usually i just dont get why she thinks if she doesnt want to watch me play my games then why would i want to watch her shows haha

girl logic just makes no sense to me wo who knows women are nuts
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Assassin View Post
            Believe it or not my wife plays games with me. She has her own avatar and everything. I even had to buy her a xbox so she could play 1-player games when I do. It is amazing to have someone play with you instead of complaining that your not spending time with her
            lucky dawg
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

ya i do that usually i just dont get why she thinks if she doesnt want to watch me play my games then why would i want to watch her shows haha

girl logic just makes no sense to me wo who knows women are nuts
              Most girlfriends (in my own personal experience with no disrespect to anyone, woman or man that doesn't feel this way (nice long disclaimer, lol)) feel they should be the center of your attention. And, honestly, I don't disagree. Some take it to a different level though.

The, "You're going to do what I want you to because I have the...well...you know" level.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

what is it with chicks that make them wanna watch these shows my chick also loves to watch 18 and counting jon and kate and every other TLC show.... with that being said i sometimes watch my chick play Fable 2 cause shes freakin addicted but when i play madden or something she complains.... freaking women

Comment

Or when your hanging out with some of your friends, and your all playing some games, but she wants to hang out.. I get the "Video Games are more important than me?" whining...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                    Or when your hanging out with some of your friends, and your all playing some games, but she wants to hang out.. I get the "Video Games are more important than me?" whining...
                    amen brother i usually say "of course not...just right now video games is the only girl for me"

Comment

I got lucky. My girlfriend loves to play games with me. One night I went to bed early and woke up to some strange noises. Went into the family room to check and found her playing some NHL by herself. We'll throw in NCAA and have a good time. Let her be Florida and I get to be... Western Kentucky, but she's surprisingly pretty good. Now if only I could get her to wear her college cheerleading outfit while we played

When I play MW2 on Live I give her the headset to talk smack to people while I'm playing. All the guys on there hate to think they got beat by a girl! Try it out, you'll laugh your butt off!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Blondie79!
                      All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                      Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                      "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

my wife hates video games...she cant stand them, i thus have been forced to playing them when she isnt around....my gaming hours are usually 1-3 in the afternoon during my break from work..she is still at work......or at night from 10-midnight when she is already in bed.....this usually screws me though as i have to be up at 530 Am every morning for work....

so basically to play video games i have to hope she isnt around...or rely on 5 hours of sleep everyday

women...sheesh!!!!!

on a weird note though she loves mortal kombat 2 for snes....i have one and we play it once in awhile when she is mad at me....i guess its here venting tool.....cant figure that one out...lol

Comment

My girlfriend actually plays videogames and she's also one of the hotties

She's not very good at the stuff I play like MW2, Halo, etc. but she can whoop my ass and pretty much everybody elses at Super Smash Brothers.

Comment

you need to tell her who's boss.

Comment

You need to noob tube her
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X