Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you looking forward to the new "A Nightmare on Elm Street"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you looking forward to the new "A Nightmare on Elm Street"?

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1292436505/

I was a big fan of the original movie (ok, yes, they did start sucking as the series went on), but Im not sure what to think of this remake.

#1. No Robert Englund. None of the trailers seem to show even the slightest hint of the gory humor that Englund brought to the role. Without the wise cracks and sarcasism, Freddy just seems like another knockout horror killer.

#2. Michael Bay. Bay has a long history of style with very little substance. Horror movies that are just about the visual are usually snoozefests. True horror comes from the psychological terror.

#3. Its a remake. Why do we have to remake EVERYTHING? COME ON! Is there no originality left?
    Yes.
    10.00%
    No.
    50.00%
    Meh.
    0.00%
    Im just in it for the bewbies.
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Nooooo!!!!
    It's just another dumb remark. Only good remark this decade was Friday the 13th.
    Michael Bay only has one good series in thats transformers, other than that he's as good at being a director than Oakland being a good team.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Nooooo!!!!
      It's just another dumb remark. Only good remark this decade was Friday the 13th.
      Michael Bay only has one good series in thats transformers, other than that he's as good at being a director than Oakland being a good team.
      Halloween by Rob Zombie was a great remake, he is directing a SVU tomorrow night by the way,
      sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Here's the trailer for anyone interested.

Ill watch it. Can't say Im too excited... but I do like that it can be made more "modern"; the part of the trailer where the girl is watching the video blog. It makes the nightmare "bigger" in the grand scope. Makes it able to reach further.

We'll see how it goes.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
          Halloween by Rob Zombie was a great remake, he is directing a SVU tomorrow night by the way,
          rob zombies remake is the only good remake to come out in like the past 15 years. I just bought Zombies Halloween 2 on DVD. it was a little disappointing though.

As for the Nightmare remake? lame. The original was awsome. But i'm not interested at all in seeing a remake of it. Unless Rob Zombie or somebody cool did it. Then it could be pretty awsome.
          Last edited by tpryce93; 02-28-2010, 11:43 PM.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Working...
          X