Wii and PS3 online down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii and PS3 online down???

Funny thing.... the PS3 keeps giving me error code 8001050F for failed connection to the PSN network. I do some online research to see what the hell that means and it seams it's a pretty big thing with it being 02/28. I don't rightly understand the issue... but like many, my time and date on the system, ave been reset to default of 12.31.99. So... patience? Maybe tomorrow it'll be fine?

Now... to the Wii... I mentioned the PS3 issue to Julianne and she says- "Wierd... I couldn't play Mario Kart online either, it wouldn't connect." I do check and get the error code and simple fix- get into settings and get the latest update. VOILA!!! It works now.

Here's to hoping that the PSN issue resolves too because there were a few peeps online saying that in the past they've had to send their PS3 to Sony for repairs.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Looks like it's "system maintanance" by Sony... wierd thing is, it looks like it's the older systems that are affected. I have the original 60g version.

Comment

It's widespread.

Comment

That is so odd cause Xbox live has been going down alot over the last 4 or 5 days. I wonder what the deal is.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp_shepherd View Post
          That is so odd cause Xbox live has been going down alot over the last 4 or 5 days. I wonder what the deal is.
          That is wierd.... another sign of the apocolypse??

Comment

Weird. I haven't had any problems and I've been playing a ton.

Comment

I'm online with my PS3 right now and I'm not having any problems.

Comment

Im gonna go with its YOUR connection, because Ive been playing XBL and it hasnt been down at all. In fact, I cant remember the last time it was down.
                sigpic

Comment

Could not stop laughing at this

Warning: Profanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                    Wow!!! That is f'n awesome!! "They're tryin to get rid of FAT things"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                      Im gonna go with its YOUR connection, because Ive been playing XBL and it hasnt been down at all. In fact, I cant remember the last time it was down.
                      Actually, it's a leap year thing for the non-Slim versions of the PS3. Instead of thinking it's March 1st, it believes it is February 29th.
                      Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah the ps3 issue is with the older consoles. One theory is its due to leap year and it might fix itself in a day or 2. Right now its a pretty big deal because even if your not online you cant play any game that has trophies. There have also been reports of peoples entire save data/trophies being corrupted.

This could be a very seriously and costly problem for sony.

Comment

Yeah it doesn't work for me either.

sigpic

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5482328/ps3s-suffe...work-lockdown-[update-6]?skyline=true&s=i

That sucks

Comment

I have been playing on both my slim and 60GB and both are fine now.

Comment

Working...
                              X