Favorite Underrated games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Actually they are making a new parisite eve but it's for the PSP unfortunately so who knows what they may do to it. Handhelds have a way of ruining good classic games.
    Oh wow that's awesome... I actually used to own a PSP but I traded it in towards my PS3. I agree though, Handhelds really do ruin a lot of great games. It seems like they don't put much effort into making PSP games unless they are PSP exclusive.

I could see Parasite Eve working well on PSP though, I'd definitely like to check this game out. It's a shame that it's only for PSP though.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
      Wow Parasite Eve... now there's a game that I haven't heard about in a long time. That game was awesome, I wish they'd make a new one. The first two Wild Arms games were also really fun, you can buy them on the PS3 online store.
      I know, whats weird, today after looking on this thread, I went to the PSN store and started going down memory lane, I have a dumb 40gb Ps3 that doesnt play Ps2 games and I Dont feel like finding memory cards for ps1, so I might re-buy some of these games again haha, I really want SF Alpha III, Courier Crisis (Don't ask me why), and Battle Arena Toshinden series on there

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
        I know, whats weird, today after looking on this thread, I went to the PSN store and started going down memory lane, I have a dumb 40gb Ps3 that doesnt play Ps2 games and I Dont feel like finding memory cards for ps1, so I might re-buy some of these games again haha, I really want SF Alpha III, Courier Crisis (Don't ask me why), and Battle Arena Toshinden series on there
        Woww Battle Arena Toshinden... it's been at least 10 years since I've heard anything about those games My best friend was really into them.

Comment

someone stated super monkey ball which I concur with, fusion frenzy is another good one, where's waldo and RC Pro AM on NES, and even tho it's been overlooked by it's sequels, i STILL love X-Men vs. StreetFighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. StreetFighter, and the original MvC!

(although MvC2 is good to rape people on, the prequels were a little more fairly balanced minus MvC)
          Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Oh shoot and I forgot my fav. RPG of all time Legend of Legaia on PS!

That game RAWKT!
            Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

The Darkness was a kick ass game.

Comment

Would anybody consider Fester's Quest for the NES an underrated game? Used to love that game and still play it quite often, it was hard to me a long time ago but it's still very entertaining. :salute!:

Comment

Deathrow for the Xbox, one of my favorite games ever.

Shenmue for the Dreamcast is pretty underrated.

And last, Eternal Champions for Sega Genesis. My favorite fighting game of all time, always thought the story was pretty cool and unique.
                  Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Shining Force was a awesome game for Sega Genesis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                      Earthbound for SNES was also a classic that does not get enough praise. Definitely one of the wackiest and most satisfying games I've ever played.
                      probably my favourite game of all time. They were supposed to make a sequel for the N64 but never did, and it shattered my world when they cancelled it.

Comment

Interstate '76 for the PC. One of the best car games out there, but didn't really achieve major success.
                        Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer10 View Post
                          probably my favourite game of all time. They were supposed to make a sequel for the N64 but never did, and it shattered my world when they cancelled it.
                          It's one of my top 5 favorites for sure. I have my Earthbound cartridge sitting on my computer desk, I'm actually looking at it right now.

For some reason I feel like it wouldn't have worked well on the N64 but I would've loved to play it any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
                            Deathrow for the Xbox, one of my favorite games ever.

Shenmue for the Dreamcast is pretty underrated.

And last, Eternal Champions for Sega Genesis. My favorite fighting game of all time, always thought the story was pretty cool and unique.
                            Shenmue
                            Parasite Eve 2
                            True Lies for the SNES
                            Galaga
                            Jagged Alliance 2

Comment

Parasite Eve was the first that came to mind. I think Squaresoft made it and people were shocked that it was so short. It was short, and it was awesome.

To me the most underrated game is Toshinden, particularly Toshinden 2. During a time of Samurai Showdown, Tekken and Street Fighter, for some reason a lot of people didn't get this game. The boss of Toshinden 2, Vermillion, is one of the coolest bosses of all-time.

I would've said Tobal 2, but it never came out for the US. I still have the Japanese version and let me tell you, this game ROCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                                Parasite Eve was the first that came to mind. I think Squaresoft made it and people were shocked that it was so short. It was short, and it was awesome.
                                Yeah this was an excellent game. Too bad the 2nd wasn't nearly as good.

I loved the music in Parasite Eve... I feel so incredibly nostalgic just thinking about it. I miss that game so much...

Comment

Working...
                                X