Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Alien Trilogy. I havent played this in about 11 years, Ive been trying to get my hands on a copy for a while now, but back in the day it was scary as hell, even with the mediocre graphics.

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Bionic Commando is one of the most fun games I have ever played, and most people I have talked to have never played it.

I don't know if this is underrated or not but I used to love playing the Syphon Filter series on PS2
    Last edited by jdubv724; 04-16-2010, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    I have to say...Okami. Love that game, 59h 45m of joy. I just think it's such a shame that it is officially (as far as I know) the worst selling "Game of the Year" ever made (fewer than 700,000 copies in 4 years both Wii and PS2). It's such an uplifting experience for some reason, just has that little je ne sais quoi that I can't put my finger on.

Sad they've not been able to launch it as a fully blown franchise although they've made a Nintendo DS spin off (a good sign). Also, Amaterasu would be an awesome character in Super Smash Bros, although I'm guessing it won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Parasite Eve was the first that came to mind. I think Squaresoft made it and people were shocked that it was so short. It was short, and it was awesome.

To me the most underrated game is Toshinden, particularly Toshinden 2. During a time of Samurai Showdown, Tekken and Street Fighter, for some reason a lot of people didn't get this game. The boss of Toshinden 2, Vermillion, is one of the coolest bosses of all-time.

I would've said Tobal 2, but it never came out for the US. I still have the Japanese version and let me tell you, this game ROCKS!
    parasite eve was pretty sweet but to me it was more of a FF spin off and i think that is why it is a bit under appreciated for how good it was.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Legacy Of Kain (the first one)

there are lots others but that is the most under-rated one that i can think of that i really liked.

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Parasite Eve was the first that came to mind. I think Squaresoft made it and people were shocked that it was so short. It was short, and it was awesome.
    Yeah this was an excellent game. Too bad the 2nd wasn't nearly as good.

I loved the music in Parasite Eve... I feel so incredibly nostalgic just thinking about it. I miss that game so much...

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied

To me the most underrated game is Toshinden, particularly Toshinden 2. During a time of Samurai Showdown, Tekken and Street Fighter, for some reason a lot of people didn't get this game. The boss of Toshinden 2, Vermillion, is one of the coolest bosses of all-time.

I would've said Tobal 2, but it never came out for the US. I still have the Japanese version and let me tell you, this game ROCKS!

Leave a comment:

• bahn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
    Deathrow for the Xbox, one of my favorite games ever.

Shenmue for the Dreamcast is pretty underrated.

And last, Eternal Champions for Sega Genesis. My favorite fighting game of all time, always thought the story was pretty cool and unique.
    Shenmue
    Parasite Eve 2
    True Lies for the SNES
    Galaga
    Jagged Alliance 2

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammer10 View Post
    probably my favourite game of all time. They were supposed to make a sequel for the N64 but never did, and it shattered my world when they cancelled it.
    It's one of my top 5 favorites for sure. I have my Earthbound cartridge sitting on my computer desk, I'm actually looking at it right now.

For some reason I feel like it wouldn't have worked well on the N64 but I would've loved to play it any way.

Leave a comment:

• Vhailor
    replied
    Interstate '76 for the PC. One of the best car games out there, but didn't really achieve major success.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer10
    replied
    Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
    Earthbound for SNES was also a classic that does not get enough praise. Definitely one of the wackiest and most satisfying games I've ever played.
    probably my favourite game of all time. They were supposed to make a sequel for the N64 but never did, and it shattered my world when they cancelled it.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Shining Force was a awesome game for Sega Genesis.

Leave a comment:

• Nightwing
    replied
    Deathrow for the Xbox, one of my favorite games ever.

Shenmue for the Dreamcast is pretty underrated.

And last, Eternal Champions for Sega Genesis. My favorite fighting game of all time, always thought the story was pretty cool and unique.

Leave a comment:

• TheBroncoEra
    replied
    Would anybody consider Fester's Quest for the NES an underrated game? Used to love that game and still play it quite often, it was hard to me a long time ago but it's still very entertaining. :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    The Darkness was a kick ass game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X