http://www.tor.com/2016/01/11/excerp...-chapter-five/

Going to read chapter 5 when I get a chance

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Speaking of amazon. Hardcover pre-order is $8 right now

http://www.amazon.com/Bands-Mourning.../dp/0765378574
    Thats a pretty good deal. Hopefully they get a deal like that in the nook because it is easier for me to carry my book to work and use that than a book.

And for your other quote. Wayne is a great character. Loved his run in with his goddess lol.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Speaking of amazon. Hardcover pre-order is $8 right now

http://www.amazon.com/Bands-Mourning.../dp/0765378574

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah something popped up last week but I want going to post it lol.

They were of last week so they didn't part anything and amazon released a sample or something that included the epilog or something like that which can spoil an entire book. Pretty much where I check they said not to read it as it wasn't then that wanted it released. Guess that it wasn't the first time amazon had done something like that.
    I'll stay away from it. I really think that Wayne is my favorite character out of all of them that Sanderson has ever written at this point.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    I was sad when one didn't show up last week. Thank you!
    Yeah something popped up last week but I want going to post it lol.

They were of last week so they didn't part anything and amazon released a sample or something that included the epilog or something like that which can spoil an entire book. Pretty much where I check they said not to read it as it wasn't then that wanted it released. Guess that it wasn't the first time amazon had done something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    A Bazaar of Bad Dreams - Stephen King

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Just read chapter 4 of bands of mourning

http://www.tor.com/2016/01/04/excerp...-chapter-four/

Read the first 2 volumes of the red lanterns and been reading the all new x men comics and the tower lord.
    I was sad when one didn't show up last week. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Just read chapter 4 of bands of mourning

http://www.tor.com/2016/01/04/excerp...-chapter-four/

Read the first 2 volumes of the red lanterns and been reading the all new x men comics and the tower lord.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    That's perfect for me! Especially if it's all done...I can just plow through them like i did with the Sword of Truth series haha
    Wheel of time is completed, it's a huge long epic story. Mistborn has two trilogies, one is complete, the other is still being written and both are set in different era's of time and could be read separately. Sanderson has so many books that even though some of his series aren't complete you could spend months reading them all and many of them are connected to each other.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    If you like Brent Weeks, you need to read Sanderson. He's phenomenal. The mistborn Series is probably my favorite of his works and the vast majority of his books are interconnected, but set on different worlds. The dude pumps out books at an inhuman rate and they are all amazingly good in quality. IMO he's one of the best authors of this generation if you are into sci-fi/fantasy stuff.

And yes, I would also recommend the wheel of time, but be forewarned, it's a massively long series.
    That's perfect for me! Especially if it's all done...I can just plow through them like i did with the Sword of Truth series haha

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Can't say that I have...wasn't he involved with the Wheel of Time series at some point?? Any of his that you'd recommend?

FWIW i meant The Broken Eye not The Blinding Knife...got the titles of Books 2 and 3 screwed up in my head haha. (been doing a lot of book shelf arranging during the holidays haha)
    If you like Brent Weeks, you need to read Sanderson. He's phenomenal. The mistborn Series is probably my favorite of his works and the vast majority of his books are interconnected, but set on different worlds. The dude pumps out books at an inhuman rate and they are all amazingly good in quality. IMO he's one of the best authors of this generation if you are into sci-fi/fantasy stuff.

And yes, I would also recommend the wheel of time, but be forewarned, it's a massively long series.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Can't say that I have...wasn't he involved with the Wheel of Time series at some point?? Any of his that you'd recommend?

FWIW i meant The Broken Eye not The Blinding Knife...got the titles of Books 2 and 3 screwed up in my head haha. (been doing a lot of book shelf arranging during the holidays haha)
    Yeah he finished it once Jordan passed away. I think he did the last 2 or 3 of them.

As far as recommendations I would recommend his first mistborn trilogy. (Final empire, well of Ascension, hero of ages)

He I believe is one of the top fantasy writers out there currently. He puts out quite a bit of books. I think Frey just reads his cosmere books but he has other young adult books.

But I think the mistborn trilogy would be a good start.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Nice. Yeah I can't comment on how good the two are haven't read the new series yet lol.

Have you read any of Brandon sanderson books? Just wondering haven't seen to many other fantasy/Sci-fi readers on here outside of Frey

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    I would greatly debate the better than the night angel trilogy piece, but i love Brent's writing. (helps that he's a pretty awesome dude too at least he has been at his book signings) They are hard to compare to me though. I felt a bit more attached to the characters in the Night Angel trilogy, but feel like the world in the Lightbringer series is much more developed and fleshed out.

Since you both know the NA trilogy you'll be happy to know the my Fallout 4 character's name is Durzo Blint haha.
    Nice. Yeah I can't comment on how good the two are haven't read the new series yet lol.

Have you read any of Brandon sanderson books? Just wondering haven't seen to many other fantasy/Sci-fi readers on here outside of Frey

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    I know I plan on it. Probably going to start reading comics again. With that series I almost want to wait til the final book is about to come out so I can read through them all.

I enjoyed his night angel series and have heard that one is even better do I plan to start it just debating when.
    I would greatly debate the better than the night angel trilogy piece, but i love Brent's writing. (helps that he's a pretty awesome dude too at least he has been at his book signings) They are hard to compare to me though. I felt a bit more attached to the characters in the Night Angel trilogy, but feel like the world in the Lightbringer series is much more developed and fleshed out.

Since you both know the NA trilogy you'll be happy to know the my Fallout 4 character's name is Durzo Blint haha.
    Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 12-30-2015, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X