What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Jeez making me look like a slow read... wait I am .

I have like 20 chapters left in the Night angel trilogy and then on to my next book to take me forever to read
    In all fairness I am doing audiobook on wheel of time. I will also be doing it on Way of kings I know it isn't technically me "reading" but who cares. I am excited though because Michael Kramer and Kate Redding are doing the audiobook for way of kings and they also did the wheel of time series! They are great at reading audiobooks.

I do read pretty fast as well when I actually read but I don't always have time to do that anymore so audiobook works just as well in those situations.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      In all fairness I am doing audiobook on wheel of time. I will also be doing it on Way of kings I know it isn't technically me "reading" but who cares. I am excited though because Michael Kramer and Kate Redding are doing the audiobook for way of kings and they also did the wheel of time series! They are great at reading audiobooks.

I do read pretty fast as well when I actually read but I don't always have time to do that anymore so audiobook works just as well in those situations.
      Yeah I can't do audio books I would get distracted and not pay attention and probably miss something

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Yeah I can't do audio books I would get distracted and not pay attention and probably miss something
        I've finished WoT. It has me super excited for Way of Kings. Sanderson is a fantastic storyteller there was literally one moment at the very end of the book (when you finally read it I'm positive I won't even have to tell you and you'll know that is what I was referring to) that I literally was so excited and giddy I did a Josh McDaniels fist-pump.
        sigpic

Comment

I've finished WoT. It has me super excited for Way of Kings. Sanderson is a fantastic storyteller there was literally one moment at the very end of the book (when you finally read it I'm positive I won't even have to tell you and you'll know that is what I was referring to) that I literally was so excited and giddy I did a Josh McDaniels fist-pump.
          Yeah I like Sanderson he is a great story teller and his magic systems are extremely unique. And the speed he gets books out is crazy granted he used some back logged books to help but the amount of books he has out plus what he plans to still write is crazy. But if you do like his writting style I would recommend the Mistborn trilogy as it was his first series, and the series that got him picked to finish the WoT if I remember correctly.

But I will be interested to see how his epic novel goes with his way of the kings as I bought the book and it is sitting out there for me to read once I finish the Night Angel triology and then the Alloy of Law book by Sanderson.

Lol so many books I need to get through lol.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Yeah I like Sanderson he is a great story teller and his magic systems are extremely unique. And the speed he gets books out is crazy granted he used some back logged books to help but the amount of books he has out plus what he plans to still write is crazy. But if you do like his writting style I would recommend the Mistborn trilogy as it was his first series, and the series that got him picked to finish the WoT if I remember correctly.

But I will be interested to see how his epic novel goes with his way of the kings as I bought the book and it is sitting out there for me to read once I finish the Night Angel triology and then the Alloy of Law book by Sanderson.

Lol so many books I need to get through lol.
            I want to read Mistborn but I've had a hard time finding it for some reason....I may buy it on Ebook and read it on my daughters iPad if I can ever get the screen fixed....
            sigpic

Comment

I want to read Mistborn but I've had a hard time finding it for some reason....I may buy it on Ebook and read it on my daughters iPad if I can ever get the screen fixed....
              Yeah I got mine on my nook since that is where I read most of my books now a days. Just reading about some of his other books he has wrote it is just amazing at some of the magic systems he comes up with though lol. Granted some of them make me laugh.

And it was funny that Alloy of Law was just supposed to be a short story that was a spin off the mistborn series, and it turned into a 400 some page novel. But I guess he has big intentions for the mistborn series as I read on his fourm that there is going to be 3 trilogies. The original one then one set in urban setting and then a futuristic one. But now Alloy of law is going to be a trilogy and it is set pretty much in a western setting lol.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

• So got through the end of the Night Angel Trilogy and I will say it was an excellent and Brent Weeks does a great job at story telling. There were some things that bugged me in his books one of the big ones was the short chapters combined with the constant jumping of P.O.V. Usually I like P.O.V. changes in books but it was rapid fired and with how spread out it was it just got annoying at times.

But I think he has a bright future a head of him and anyone that likes fantasy that is more towards the dark side or likes assassins I would recommend this book. And I do hope he revisits this world in a future book

Now on to Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                  LOL! Yes he is, but he's a smarmy, disembodied air spirit who lives in a skull and talks trash to Harry in nearly every book. I liked the series, but the books put the series to shame, sadly. Also, in the books, when Bob gets out, he has a tendency to take off for frat houses and inspire massive orgies to feed his libido.

The first book, "Storm Front," starts slow (it was Butcher's first publishable book and he was still learning) but ends very strongly.

The second book, "Fool Moon," about werewolves, also starts a little slow and also ends very strongly and also defines Harry's love life.

The third book, "Grave Peril," starts like a freight train (Jim had loved the beginning of the movie, Lethal Weapon 2, which begins in the middle of a chase and started GP the same way) and runs all the way through at a good clip. The third book also introduces a few new recurring characters.

Over the first thirteen books, the stories get more complex, the characters develop and the laughs (and thrills) just keep coming. Book fourteen comes out at the end of next month and I've been waiting for over a year for it to be released.
                  Thats good to hear because this will probably end up on my reading list. I put the show on and told my wife that it was a book series and after she watched all of season 1 she bought the first book on her nook. And needlessly to say she is already on book 3, and since she already bought them I might move them up on my list and give them a shot.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

• I just finished reading "The Past Tense". It's based on the show "Diagnosis Murder"
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

So got through the end of the Night Angel Trilogy and I will say it was an excellent and Brent Weeks does a great job at story telling. There were some things that bugged me in his books one of the big ones was the short chapters combined with the constant jumping of P.O.V. Usually I like P.O.V. changes in books but it was rapid fired and with how spread out it was it just got annoying at times.

But I think he has a bright future a head of him and anyone that likes fantasy that is more towards the dark side or likes assassins I would recommend this book. And I do hope he revisits this world in a future book

Now on to Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
                      someone asked me to describe Night Angel and best I could come up with was "it's assasins creed with magic"

I liked it a lot, good series. I'm just starting way of kings and so far I'm not a fan....I'll get into it more before I say for sure I don't like it but it's not capturing my interest so far.
                      sigpic

Comment

someone asked me to describe Night Angel and best I could come up with was "it's assasins creed with magic"

I liked it a lot, good series. I'm just starting way of kings and so far I'm not a fan....I'll get into it more before I say for sure I don't like it but it's not capturing my interest so far.
                        It's getting a little better. My biggest beef so far is it just drops you in deep into the world without much explaination and expects you to just "figure it out" I was really lost at first but it's getting better and starting to gain my interest. I
                        sigpic

Comment

• I can read!?
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• I just started "The Stormcaller" Book 1 of the Twilight Reign Series so far I like it a lot. But i really enjoy fantasy novels.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                              I just started "The Stormcaller" Book 1 of the Twilight Reign Series so far I like it a lot. But i really enjoy fantasy novels.
                              Meee tooo! I just can't ever find ones I like. This thread has helped me greatly! I've found quite a few books in this one and the one that was in the LR for awhile.
                              sigpic

Comment

Meee tooo! I just can't ever find ones I like. This thread has helped me greatly! I've found quite a few books in this one and the one that was in the LR for awhile.
                                Well since you do I would say the series is worth a look for sure. I got the first book off of amazon for $0.99 and it has been worth all 99 of my pennies. I think the series is at book 6 or so definitely worth the read.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X