What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I just started "The Stormcaller" Book 1 of the Twilight Reign Series so far I like it a lot. But i really enjoy fantasy novels.
    I tried checking it out at my local library but they didn't have it so I rented book one of the malazan book of the fallen instead.

I got the Final Empire (first of the mistborn books) reserved so when it comes in I'll snag it too.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I tried checking it out at my local library but they didn't have it so I rented book one of the malazan book of the fallen instead.

I got the Final Empire (first of the mistborn books) reserved so when it comes in I'll snag it too.
      So I take you finished Way of the Kings??

What did you think of it?

At let me know what you think of the Malazan book of the Fallen. I have thought about getting it.

Also anyone here on Goodreads?

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• I just started "The Sixth Man" by David Baldacci
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
          So I take you finished Way of the Kings??

What did you think of it?

At let me know what you think of the Malazan book of the Fallen. I have thought about getting it.

Also anyone here on Goodreads?
          Nope I haven't finished it, still doing it on audiobook and reading malazan on the side. I'm about halfway through Way of Kings. Burn me but it's long (whoops wrong franchise) All I can say so far is any early reservations of the pacing are gone. It took awhile for the book to fill in some of the wide gaps it just tossed you into to begin with but it's doing a lot better job of keeping my interest.

I don't know that I'd put it above memory of light but it is still a very solid and interesting read so far.

Haven't even finished the Prelude of Malazan yet, haven't had time. Too busy with video games after work.
          sigpic

Comment

Well since you do I would say the series is worth a look for sure. I got the first book off of amazon for $0.99 and it has been worth all 99 of my pennies. I think the series is at book 6 or so definitely worth the read.
            I wish they had it at my library becuase I'd take that route. I don't have a good e-reader anymore so I don't often do Ebooks. I have an ipad but the screen got destroyed and I'm yet to fix it so it's too hard to read on that.
            sigpic

Comment

I wish they had it at my library becuase I'd take that route. I don't have a good e-reader anymore so I don't often do Ebooks. I have an ipad but the screen got destroyed and I'm yet to fix it so it's too hard to read on that.
              No No I mean I ordered the paper back version for $0.99 I don't have an e reader. I can't stand e readers for some reason. Anyway here is the book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
              sigpic

Comment

No No I mean I ordered the paper back version for $0.99 I don't have an e reader. I can't stand e readers for some reason. Anyway here is the book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
                oh ok. gotcha.

I loved my iPad for reading books personally I could put it lengthwise and it felt like reading a book complete with swiping for page turns but I understand it's not for everyone.
                sigpic

Comment

oh ok. gotcha.

I loved my iPad for reading books personally I could put it lengthwise and it felt like reading a book complete with swiping for page turns but I understand it's not for everyone.
                  Yeah I can't quite put my finger on why I don't like it. I think i really just like having the book in my hands...I like the smell of the paper too...kind of weird i guess ><
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I can't quite put my finger on why I don't like it. I think i really just like having the book in my hands...I like the smell of the paper too...kind of weird i guess ><
                    I feel the same way. When my mouthstick turns a page, well there's just nothing that can compete with it
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Finished Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4)

And it was great story. Pretty much mistborn meets the wild west, and the way the abilities evolved with time was great reading. But this book was ment to be a short story and ended up growing into a novel, but it isn't as long as the other novels of the mistborn series. So the world isn't as deep and the cast of characters are smaller as it really revolves around 4 characters.

But the action is great and the story moves along nicely and there is some comedy thrown in. Overall the book was really good, and while you don't have to read the other series before reading this since he describes the magic system again. But reading the other will allow you to catch the meaning behind the history of what is said and pick up on some other things.

Now on to Brandon Sanderson's Way of the Kings

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

• This thread should be divided into fiction/non-fiction.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          Finished Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4)

And it was great story. Pretty much mistborn meets the wild west, and the way the abilities evolved with time was great reading. But this book was ment to be a short story and ended up growing into a novel, but it isn't as long as the other novels of the mistborn series. So the world isn't as deep and the cast of characters are smaller as it really revolves around 4 characters.

But the action is great and the story moves along nicely and there is some comedy thrown in. Overall the book was really good, and while you don't have to read the other series before reading this since he describes the magic system again. But reading the other will allow you to catch the meaning behind the history of what is said and pick up on some other things.

Now on to Brandon Sanderson's Way of the Kings
                          Just curious, have you noticed with his other series that he has a problem starting stories? He's fantastic at telling tales that are grand and wonderful but one thing I've noticed with the few of his books I've read is that he has a habbit of tossing you to the wolves and letting you figure it out halfway through the book. There are still things on way of kings where I'm like "wait...why is he doing that?"
                          sigpic

Comment

Just curious, have you noticed with his other series that he has a problem starting stories? He's fantastic at telling tales that are grand and wonderful but one thing I've noticed with the few of his books I've read is that he has a habbit of tossing you to the wolves and letting you figure it out halfway through the book. There are still things on way of kings where I'm like "wait...why is he doing that?"
                            I only have read his mistborn series but in that I never had the feeling of be thrown into the middle of it. But I'm about to start the way of the kings so after reading some of that I will be able to give you a better description.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              This thread should be divided into fiction/non-fiction.
                              It should probably be renamed to the book club. It's only partially about what we are reading and growing more into a book discussion.
                              sigpic

Comment

It should probably be renamed to the book club. It's only partially about what we are reading and growing more into a book discussion.
                                Yeah but even the I think he has a point that there should be a seperation between the two so if you read one and not the other you don't have to dig through so much to try to find something that would interest you.

So new threads maybe needed, and leave this more to the what you are reading I guess.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X